Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VONAGE VOIP £5.99 Per Month £20 Box (Read 9,671 times)
trubster

10 Meg Broadband Rocks...

Sheffield
VONAGE VOIP £5.99 Per Month £20 Box
Nov 10th, 2006 at 1:35am

Vonage are currently offering a reasonable offer...

You pay £20 for the box (RETAIL STORES ONLY!!! DO NOT BUY ONLINE, Get from Comet or Staples)
Pay £5.99 Per Month for 6 Months then £7.99
Get FREE UK Calls (Geographical)
FREE International Calls for 3 months (Stated on Website)
NO Contract
NO PHONE LINE NEEDED, Use through Internet (Ideal for CABLE!!!) Smiley

Hope this helps someone Smiley

Kev

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: VONAGE VOIP £5.99 Per Month £20 Box
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:34pm

www.euphony.co.uk is a better deal at only just over £4 a month for all 01/02 and EU geographic calls as long as you sign up for 18 months.  First 6 months at £1 and then £5.99 per month for the next 12 months.

No hassle with all the Voip stuff as its done by regular CPS on your landline.

Also notice how Euphony use a nice memorable geographic number for contacting them.  In  some quarters the message is beginning to get through.  Obviously Euphony's potential marketplace is an especially price sensitive one.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:35pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

trubster

Sheffield
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:48pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Nov 24th, 2006 at 9:34pm:
www.euphony.co.uk is a better deal at only just over £4 a month for all 01/02 and EU geographic calls as long as you sign up for 18 months.  First 6 months at £1 and then £5.99 per month for the next 12 months.

I would rather not use euphony as I have heared soo much bad stuff about them charging people twice etc... I used to work for bt and customers who left to go to euphony, about 50% of them came back to bt within 6 months

No hassle with all the Voip stuff as its done by regular CPS on your landline.

I cant use CPS anyways because I am on Cable

Also notice how Euphony use a nice memorable geographic number for contacting them.  In  some quarters the message is beginning to get through.  Obviously Euphony's potential marketplace is an especially price sensitive one.

But vonage has a free number Cheesy:D:D:D

Its all good if you are with BT but on cable, you dont need a phone line for broadband, so VOIP is definatly cheaper (£5.99 inc line rental) compared to bt's £11 STANDARD line rental

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 1:58am

I use Euphony as do my friends and family,and some small businesses i know. None of them have ever been billed twice to my knowledge. Smiley

In fact if they billed me twice for my calls i still wouldnt be paying anything because their free in my inclusive  call package which works out at less then a £1 a week.  Grin

As NGMS ghost points out they use a normal geo number,and their  customer service people,who have always been helpful to me are based in Basingstoke. Calls to it are FREE from my call package. Wink

They havent followed BT or Talk Talk  like sheep.On chargeable calls they  still operate the min call charge system with second billing. No connection charge or minute billing for them.They even still have the peak charging band of 8am to 6pm,unlike other providers.

I also use 18185 in conjunction with Euphony for cheaper mobile,and ngn calls.

The only people that might benefit from using Vonage are broadband only cable customers.

But bear these facts in mind

Theirs an  activation Fee of  £9.99

Then theirs the expensive NGN and  UK mobile rates.

Also the dear Intl Rates to non free Intl Destinations.

The recovery fee "If you accept a special offer or other promotion, such as a free month of service, a rebate or other incentive, there may be a term commitment associated with the benefit you accepted. The commitment period will be disclosed as part of the promotion. If you terminate service prior to the end of the commitment period, you agree to pay Vonage a recovery fee for the promotion/special offer you accepted. Recovery fees are cumulative and in addition to any other charges or fees you may owe Vonage. Each recovery fee is an amount equal to the difference between the price you paid and the regular price of the goods or service at the time you accepted the promotion/special offer"

You cant port your number.

Potential problems with 999 calls.

You cant pay by d/d, card only is the order of the day.

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:51am by acezing »  

IP Logged

trubster

Sheffield
Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:10am

acezing wrote on Nov 25th, 2006 at 1:58am:
I use Euphony as do my friends and family,and some small businesses i know. None of them have ever been billed twice to my knowledge. Smiley

In fact if they billed me twice for my calls i still wouldnt be paying anything because their free in my inclusive  call package which works out at less then a £1 a week.  Grin

As NGMS ghost points out they use a normal geo number,and their  customer service people,who have always been helpful to me are based in Basingstoke. Calls to it are FREE from my call package. Wink

They havent followed BT or Talk Talk  like sheep.On chargeable calls they  still operate the min call charge system with second billing. No connection charge or minute billing for them.They even still have the peak charging band of 8am to 6pm,unlike other providers.

I also use 18185 in conjunction with Euphony for cheaper mobile,and ngn calls.

That is good... but it is the same as vonage, I only said they billed twice because thats what I heared from many customers, it is going back a year or two tho...

acezing wrote on Nov 25th, 2006 at 1:58am:
The only people that might benefit from using Vonage are broadband only cable customers.

Cheesy Thats what I said Cheesy it saves me over £10 a month on a telewest line with free calls...

Also bear in mind the £5.99 INCLUDES line rental of a standard geographical number, and thats what a lot of CPS/VOIP services dont do... they rely on BT to charge there extortionate line rental Smiley

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:26am

Yes i guess the Euphony billing problems must relate to their previous owners .They were taken over a couple of plus years back.The bills i get now are extremely clear and concise. Smiley

As you appreciate being a CPS service Euphony cant be used by cable customers,you must have a BT landline.

When i said that Vonage were only good for cable broadband customers i was agreeing with you! a normal broadband customer would of course still have to pay his line rental,so therefore he would be better off using the likes of Euphony.

How do you find the Vonage call quality as its voip, is it at all flaky?
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:39am by acezing »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 9:32am

Vonage would also be beneficial for anyone who needed a second incoming phone number without having to pay another lot of BT line rental.  But then you can get a second geographic phone number on your local exchange without paying anything at all from www.sipgate.co.uk

Vonage's ATA adapter is locked down to using only their own service and given what Euphony is charging for PSTN calls I think Vonage ought to be able to run their service for only £3 per month.

I think the point is that most phone providers have found there are for more customer headaches in supporting Voip (apart from the one off equipment cost) which is why they have preferred to arrange for customers to access it through the PSTN instead.  Of course after that the calls still route through to their destination using a Voip service.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2006 at 9:35am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 12:48am

We currently have cable broadband with NTL/Virgin and are thinking of trying vonage for our phone. I have heard that the clarity on Voip calls is not as good as on normal landlines. Is there anyone out there who has tried Vonage who can confirm or deny this?

IP Logged

trubster

Sheffield
Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:05am

4PetesSake wrote on Feb 16th, 2007 at 12:48am:
We currently have cable broadband with NTL/Virgin and are thinking of trying vonage for our phone. I have heard that the clarity on Voip calls is not as good as on normal landlines. Is there anyone out there who has tried Vonage who can confirm or deny this?

I have used vonage for a year now, I must admit, the call quality is not 100% but I have a 10 meg connection and it only uses 50 something kb/s. It is good enough for voice calls but will not be sufficient for data/fax

I guess it has its good times and bad times, it will ring 999 unlike most other voip providers and it will also work if you dont have a landline, i.e. cable.

Virgin Media is £11 Line Rental + £14 Talk Unlimited and the equivilent from vonage is about £6 to £8 per month, so you have to think if it is worth paying the stupid high price or save yourself nearly £20 a month.

I would go for it, you always will have your mobile if you need it. If you do go for it, make sure you get it from comet, £20 for box and no activation fee, and you can always say it is faulty if it does not suit you.

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:42am

Thanks for the information, you will see that I have one other option to consider at

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1171589387

What are your thoughts on the 2 options.

IP Logged

trubster

Sheffield
Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 1:48am

TBH It is only fair if I reply to the post you have linked to as it is a case by case basis.

I will post in a min

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge