Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NPower Geographical Numbers (Read 7,731 times)
Ken Edwards

NPower Geographical Numbers
Nov 10th, 2006 at 3:17pm

Constant egaged tones with NPower's GN's, especially 01668 numbers, can be overcome by using the Main Switchboard number, 01793 877777, and asking for the service you need.
I tried for ages to use 01668 681112, but the number appeared to be constantly engaged!
When I tried the 08457 number given in my gas bill, I was connected straight away!!, which tends to suggest that the number is artificially engaged.
So I dialled the main switchboard, asked for Gas Customer Services, and was connected without too much fuss, apart from the usual 'Press 1 for this service' 'Press 2 for that service', but as my phone service provider gives me so-called free geographical phone calls, I wasn't worried.
Hope this is useful to anyone else on free call tariffs.

IP Logged

BenDToy

Re: NPower Geographical Numbers
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 12:11pm

I have just signed with npower, and I was sent my document confirming this. The contact number is 0845 601 1102. I called the sales number (0800) to complain about this and threatening to cancel the contract if they did not provide a geographical number. After a brief "consultation" the girl who took the call gave me the customer sevices number (also 0800) and told me that I could use that for any calls I need to make to them. I have not yet tested this out, but when I have done so I will post it.
She would not be drawn into a discussion about "local/premium rate" stuff, just kept reminding me that I had the freephone number, so I suspect she was told what to do, and what not to do. (Note that it is possible that this may be localised ie specific to my geographical location, although I can't be sure). For information the number is 0800 553 322.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 3:31pm

Don't know where you are but Google brings up the below for 0800 55 33 22:

Northern Electric
Eighth Avenue
Team Valley Trading Estate
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0800 553322

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

BenDToy

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2006 at 9:51am

Thanks Heinz - I am in Cheshire, so perhaps not!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge