Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"Disadvantages of 0370" (Read 44,121 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: "Disadvantages of 0370"
Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 4:49pm

bbb_uk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2006 at 4:36pm:
Can you think of a better description but remember that Ofcom don't like to admit they are premium rate so anything with "premium" in it will probably be a no no.

To a certain degree I don't mind what they're called so long as it doesn't make reference to local/national and that in some way or another, us end consumers are aware that they are premium rate albeit smaller than 09x and not regulated by ICSTIS.

I do believe that if all consumers were fully aware that when they ring their banks/GP, etc on these numbers that in most cases these end companies are getting money then it would be an outrage and these companies would probably have to use alternative numbers (ie 03x) instead.

How about "Micro-payment mechanism rate"?  In fact I believe that originally was how OfCoN itself referred to these numbers.

I will only settle for a positive call price announcement of the cost of making such calls with a clear statement that part of the value of the call you are making is being transferred to the company you are calling or their telephone services provider.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 4:54pm

Dave wrote on Nov 23rd, 2006 at 4:44pm:
Remember Matt Peacock's statement on BBC Radio 4's You and Yours programme where he agreed that these numbers are "premium rate numbers but by another name".

Don't talk to me about slithery ex BBC news reporter Peacock who has recently told me that he refuses to reply to any further emails from me on the basis that he took as a personal insult my suggestion that he only stayed on at Ofcom to draw the large salary and pension rights despite Ofcom's spectacular failure to serve the interests of UK citizen consumers surely going against most of his own instincts as a former BBC reporter and war zone correspondent.

One can only assume that Mr Peacock has been informed by former senior New Labour person and now Ofcom CEO Ed Richards that he does not wish to see the end of ripoff revenue sharing numbers and thus all efforts by the public to remind Mr Peacock of his former commitements over 084/7 numbers on BBC Radio 4 You and Yours are to be conveniently sidestepped and ignored.  No doubt this is the real reason why Matt Peacock is now unwilling to respond to any further correspondence from me.  In the good old days someone placed in this kind of difficult position regarding public commitments they have given not being honoured would have simply resigned.  But that was before the era of New Labour.............................................
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2006 at 5:00pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 5:37pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Nov 23rd, 2006 at 4:49pm:
How about "Micro-payment mechanism rate"?  In fact I believe that originally was how OfCoN itself referred to these numbers.
I thought micro-payment was only referred to when talking about the payment that end businesses and CP/OCPs get - we generally refer to this as "revenue" but Ofcon uses the word "micro-payment" probably because it doesn't sound as bad as revenue.  I wasn't aware that Ofcon was going to refer to these number ranges as "micro-payment mechanism rate"

Quote:
I will only settle for a positive call price announcement of the cost of making such calls with a clear statement that part of the value of the call you are making is being transferred to the company you are calling or their telephone services provider.
I agree with that but realistically Ofcon would never go for that because (yet again) it's too expensive for OCP's so us consumers (yet again) don't get a luck in and continue to be totally confused over the actual cost of these number ranges.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 6:57pm

bbb_uk wrote on Nov 23rd, 2006 at 5:37pm:
I agree with that but realistically Ofcon would never go for that because (yet again) it's too expensive for OCP's so us consumers (yet again) don't get a luck in and continue to be totally confused over the actual cost of these number ranges.

That is because Ofcom are an incompetent regulator who are failing in their duties under the Communications Act 2003 to consider the inerests of uk citizens and uk consumers as being their principle duty.

Unfortunately as far as I can seem most senior staff at Ofcom in fact only consider their next promotion and next knighthood or peerage from New Labour as being their principle duty.  Anyone with an ounce of pro consumer zeal on their CV who applies to Ofcom for a job almost certainly never even appears to get a first interview.

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge