Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WarmSure (The Warm Front Team) (Read 37,708 times)
Jacik

WarmSure (The Warm Front Team)
Nov 27th, 2006 at 11:53am

I have received a letter asking me to phone for an appointment for a boiler service but keep getting held up on 0870 320 0026 which is WarmSure, POBox 103, National Avenue, Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire HU5 4JN which makes me really anoyed because this service is for pensioners who are on benefits and they must know that long distance calls, especially when made to hold for ages, are not affordable.  It makes me so mad because sometimes I think this is done on purpose to make money on the calls.  I know it is only once a year, but am I being too naughty to feel that I would just like to thwart it?   If anyone sympathises with that, please can I ask if anyone knows of an alternative number?

Hope this note is all right because I tried to bring up the Guide to read but the page came up with nothing on it.

Regards, Jacik

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: WarmSure (The Warm Front Team)
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:09pm

Firstly, you mention that you have received a letter. Have you used this service before, or is this letter a marketing ploy? I would advise you have gas appliances serviced for obvious safety reasons. Don't take any chances. But you aren't compelled to go with any company. Do you have some family or friends who could help you out?

Now onto finding an alternative...

I've searched for that 0870 number using Google and it doesn't come up.

Warmsure appears to have a website at www.warmsure.co.uk

No contact details on that page.

A look up of the registration information for warmsure.co.uk web address (see here) gives the same address. The registrant's name is Chris Jessop. A check of BT Directory Enquiries reveals a Chris Jessop, also in a HU5 post code. Note that the address given is a PO Box, so it's not actually a physical address. I won't post the number here, but you can look it up if you want as I assume it's his home number. You could phone him to see if he can give you a clue where the 0870 number goes. Perhaps it goes to his place of work.

Which leads me on to the next piece in the puzzle. I wrang the 0870 number and it went to an answering service and said that the person at extension 6181 was unavailable. So this is obviously a DDI number in an office that has many extensions. If we can work out where he works we may be able to go straight to this extension.  Huh

The only clue is that it is operated in partnership by the Eaga Group and Ideal Boilers. The contact page showing various offices for Eaga Group is here.

I tried the following numbers by taking the first few digits from some of their locations and putting 6181 on the end:

0191 2476181 gives a redirect message to another 0870
01858 546181 not recognised
028 8775 6181 not recognised
0191 350 6181 not recognised

Ideal Boilers proves more fruitful. The address on the website is the PO Box quoted in the OP. Most numbers on Ideal's contact page start 01482 49 and dialling 01482 496181 gets the Ideal Standard sales office.

A check of the registration information for warmsure.com (see here) gives the same address with Chris Jessop's name and contact number 01482 498607 and email address Chris_Jessop {@} caradonplumbing {dot} com
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:52pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:38pm

Cue the fanfare.... The number that answers as 6181 is....

01482 498181

As I said, don't necessarily go for them, seek some advice!
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:41pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Jacik

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 3:42pm

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for your reply, I was quite bowled over by how much work you must have put in and am very grateful
The central heating was put in under a Government scheme for pensioners and belongs to the Government for 7 years, so there is a free annual service, and Warm Sure is a private firm which works for the Government, so I have to deal with them.  I have now got an appointment and once again, thank you very much.  Jacik

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 9:36pm

Jacik wrote on Nov 28th, 2006 at 3:42pm:
Thank you very much for your reply, I was quite bowled over by how much work you must have put in and am very grateful

No problem. It's so good to have a response from the requestor. There are quite a few threads in here where I've done quite a bit of work to find an alternative and received no response. Has the requestor read it but not bothered saying thanks and giving feedback on whether it works or not?

Jacik wrote on Nov 28th, 2006 at 3:42pm:
The central heating was put in under a Government scheme for pensioners and belongs to the Government for 7 years, so there is a free annual service, and Warm Sure is a private firm which works for the Government, so I have to deal with them.  I have now got an appointment and once again, thank you very much.  Jacik

Ah, I see. It's best to get it checked and I'm pleased that the number works. I have moved it to the verified database.  Smiley

IP Logged

trubster

10 Meg Broadband Rocks...

Sheffield
Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 8:49pm

As seen on last nights Watchdog Cheesy

IP Logged

NOTHAPPY

Bucks
Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 5:27pm

WARMSURE, is there anybody there I feel like its some kind of joke only i'm not laughing.
My Nan has also recieved a letter from warmsure titled Annual service letter 1, I have spent nearly all day trying to get through to there office before looking on google and finding SAYNOTO0870.COM and was not supprised to find that someone else has already had the same problem. You can tell the Government has something to do with this, they give you a grant because you cant afford to have the heating done and then they get you to phone on a 0870 number and it costs you a fortune to get through.
  Enough with the moaning, will try and get hold of them again tomorrow and thanks for the help.

cheers phill

IP Logged

jojobetty

Essex
Reply #7 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 11:41pm

Thank you Dave.  Only just started using SAYNO but was fortunate enough to come across your forum with the alternative number for Warmsure. (01482 498181 Managed to get through but told it was the wrong extention so they put me through to their service dept. hopefully I wasn't charged for an 0870 rate with the transfer. If this  so it will show on my next bill and I will let you know.  I did have to wait approx 10 mins for someone to answer but if at a cheaper rate it is a little more bearable. So thank you for all the work you put into finding this number.  I will now be trying to find out where/how to add my voice to stopping this sort of rip off.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 8:32am

Quote:
01482 498181 Managed to get through but told it was the wrong extention so they put me through to their service dept. hopefully I wasn't charged for an 0870 rate with the transfer

don't worry, you won't be.

IP Logged

WelshWonder

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 3:41pm

I found this site this morning whilst looking for a contact number for Warmsure, I would just like to let everyone know that I have found a new contact number for them (by confusing their telephone system with the # key)

The number is:- [b]0800 4081463

IP Logged

sayno20870er

Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 8:14pm

Hi, best thing to do if your having any problems with WarmSure is go to your MP.

IP Logged

DancingMan81

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:46am

To Welshwonder,
I too have had a letter from Warmsure about my first annual service which actually quoted the number you mention. It was followed by a call from Warmsure cancelling the date they said the engineer would call because he'd reported in ill and gone home. Well, that's what they said. A new date was negotiated which later I found I could not adhere to so I tried to get back to the company to change it. I found it impossible to get to speak to anyone on that 0800 408 1436 number and, being a pensioner, I am not ringing a chargeable number to be kept hanging on at an inflated cost. I will be sending a letter to the address shown at the top of the letter I received (keeping a copy of course) and then it's up to Warmsure to sort it out.
DancingMan81

IP Logged

helluvaname

Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 3:21pm

In our experience the Warmfront / Warmsure team are a completely disorganised and beaurocratic waste of time, money and space!

A few numbers that you can use to contact them are:

01482 498660
0800 408 1437
0800 408 1436 - service dept.

AND THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT:

Mr. Malcolm Pirks - Head of Customer Management
eaga PLC
FREEPOST NEA12054
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE2 1BR

Tel: 0800 408 0392

Good luck!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge