Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TALKTALK/ASA (Read 4,504 times)
derrick
Supreme Member

TALKTALK/ASA
Dec 13th, 2006 at 4:50pm

I recently complained to the ASA about TalkTalks pamphlet listing 0845/0870 as misleading, as they where describing them as "local & national", I eventually received the following letter, the "attached adjudication" it mentions relates to http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_41766.htm ; and they have included a hard copy to me.

It appears to me that it is alright for the telcos to do this but others get a warning, as I know due to other complaints I have made to ASA and they have contacted the advertisers and it has stopped.  Although they do say
[color=#3300cc]" However, we have written to the advertisers' to recommend that they do not refer to 0870 and 0845 numbers as National and Local calls in the future.
[/color]  so thats OK, they will, "recommend

You may also notice that while the author of the letter gives her geo number , her fax number is 0870

Advertising Standards Authority
Mid City Place 71 High Holborn London WC1V6QT Telephone 020 7492 2222 Fax 020 7242 3696 Textphone 020 7242 8159 E-mail enquiries@asa.org.uk Online www.asa.org.uk

Mr      Please Quote: A0
     07 December 2006
Dear Mr ******
Your complaint - Carphone Warehouse - TalkTalk
Thank you for your recent complaint. We apologise for the delay in responding to you.
Based on a previous investigation, we have decided not to formally investigate your complaint. Please see attached adjudication.
Although the advertisers' should not refer to these numbers as National or Local, we have noted that they did display the costs of the calls on the ad.
However, we have written to the advertisers' to recommend that they do not refer to 0870 and 0845 numbers as National and Local calls in the future.
Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.  We will now be closing our file on this case.
Yours sincerely

Liz Burchill
Complaints Executive Advertising Standards Authority Mid City Place 71 High Holborn London WC1V6QT
Tel: 020 7492 2145 Fax: 0870 606 8319 Email: lizb@asa.org.uk
We have used the information you have given us, together with other information from or about you, to deal with your complaint. We may contact you to assess the quality of our services or to give you information about our activities, which might interest you. If you do not want to be contacted for that purpose, please let our Data Protection Officer know at the above address or by e-mail at data.protection@.asa.orq.uk. For further information about our Data Protection Policy please refer to our website www.asa.orq.uk.
Chairman Lord Borrie QC • Director General Christopher Graham
ASA Council (Non-broadcast) Jean Coussins • Elizabeth Fagan ■ Christine Famish • Sunil Gadhia * Mike Ironside
• Gareth Jones • Susan Murray • Dan O'Donoghue ■ Colin Philpott • Donald Trelford • Neil Watts • Diana Whitworth
The Advertising Standards Authority Limited, registered in England No 733214, Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6QT.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: TALKTALK/ASA
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 8:33pm

You could always request an internal review and say you are not happy with their response.

I would write to their Director General - Christoper Graham (christopherg@asa.org.uk).  It is outrageous that they accept 0845 and 0870 being called Local and National rate still and do not put a stop to it.  Recommending is not good enough with the worlds arch scammers like TalkTalk.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2006 at 8:35pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge