Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
System message (Read 4,115 times)
cb-vic

System message
Dec 28th, 2006 at 10:53am

Hi Guys

I tried one 0845 number this morning. When I dialed the geo' No. the message came back saying the number had changed to the 0845 No., so I could not in fact use the geo' No. and was forced to use the 0845.   

My question.  Is this common with both 0845 and 0870 numbers ???

Thanks

Vic............. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: System message
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 3:34pm

cb-vic wrote on Dec 28th, 2006 at 10:53am:
My question.  Is this common with both 0845 and 0870 numbers ???

A similar question I would like to know the answer to is: How long is a piece of string??  Roll Eyes

Obviously it's upto the company in question. Presumably the geographical number worked when it was checked. Since then the company has presumably changed it. It may have been that the geographical number was the one that the company publicised before using the 0845 and also the one they pointed the 0845 number to. Maybe they have moved and that is the reason for changing geographical. It depends on what this "system message" is. Is the number answered and a recording played by the company, or is it a network announcement (ie "The number called has been changed to telephone number...") ?

What you don't say is what this company is !! If you find a number doesn't work, then the only way it will be removed from the database is if you report it!

Also, have you tried the Firenet number I found for you?
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2006 at 3:39pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

cb-vic

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 4:24pm

Yes, many thanks for the Firenet number, thats works just great.

Re. the last message of mine.  It was a system message, refering the caller to the 'changed number'.  So I expect you're right, they have changed their number to the 0845.  I thought when I had read the info on this site that all 0845 & 0870 number have a geo' number in the background.

Thanks for all your help.

Vic.........

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 4:48pm

cb-vic wrote on Dec 28th, 2006 at 4:24pm:
Re. the last message of mine.  It was a system message, refering the caller to the 'changed number'.  So I expect you're right, they have changed their number to the 0845.  I thought when I had read the info on this site that all 0845 & 0870 number have a geo' number in the background.

So am I right in saying that the old geographical number that gives redirects to 0845 is not in the database on Say no to 0870? I have been assuming that this particular company is listed on here and that the geographical is now wrong.

I would put money on the fact that there is a (different) geographical number behind the 0845 number. You could start a new thread in the Geographical Requests section and see if someone can help you locate another alternative number. Please read the instructions for posting. Address, web address and other useful information may help someone find a number.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge