Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No. 01789 471019 - Who are they? (Read 9,033 times)
Tibblesmum

No. 01789 471019 - Who are they?
Jan 3rd, 2007 at 9:46am

I do hope someone on here can help me.  The company behind this number have called me twice so far, yesterday morning and this morning, at ten past eight!  They asked for me by name, and I said yes, speaking, who wants to know?  They said it was a personal matter, so I said yes, I'm not giving any personal details to you until you state who you are ringing from, (after all, they could be anyone cold calling me, and want my details to do God knows what with.) I said it nicely, with no edge to it - and they were still so rude they hung up.  Rang the number back, and got Sorry, there's no-one about to take your call at the moment, please try again later.  So that doesn't tell you who they are either.  Does anyone here know who they are?  I'd be very grateful.  Huh

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: No. 01789 471019 - Who are they?
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:04am

Welcome to the SayNo forums Tibblesmum.

It's from the Stratford-upon-Avon area.

http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/cgi-bin-Phones/nng?GNG=01789&Submit=Submit

I assume you have Caller Display - best not to answer any more calls from that number then!
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:05am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Tibblesmum

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:11am

If they're going to carry on being that rude, I'm seriously thinking of barring their number - they'll have to write then won't they?  Then I'll know who they are.  If it's that important - they'll write.  We're already on the TPS system, so they shouldn't be a cold caller as such.  IF I pick up from them again, I'll ask them if they'd be willing to hand out personal details if it were them being cold called.  I bet they hang up again rather than answer  Wink

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 6:41pm

Sorry for the delay, have just unearthed my BT DialDecoder:
01789 47xxxx is, apparently, Wellesbourne, Warwick. I hope helpful / of some use.

IP Logged

Tibblesmum

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 10:09am

Thanks for that, we've managed to work out that 01789 was Stratford Upon Avon.  Your tip is a lttle more fine tuned.  We don't know anyone there, or of any company that we've had any dealings with either.  We've barred their number now, so if they want to contact us, they'll have to write won't they - lol!!!   Roll Eyes  Thanks for tips and support.

IP Logged

amalgamat

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 3:34pm

They called me every day for a month, stopped over xmas and started again today! drives me nuts, don't know how to block numbers (t-mobile)? Only someone trying to sell your information or credit agencies  try to get you to verify you are who you are on the phone like that without identifying yourself. Give them a fake name and lets find out who they are. I keep missing the call, if i get them I'll post here.

IP Logged

Tibblesmum

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 11:02pm

You can't block just one number on a mobile, we've tried.  However, we have found out who they are, Equidebt, a debt collection agency in Warwickshire.  They were after us for a debt that was settled a long time ago - and they had the cheek to say it was in my name - it wasn't, it was my husbands, we soon put them right - on both counts.  You were very unlucky to get all those phone calls without receiving a red debt notice, which is what we got sent out the day after we barred their number on the land line.  Luckily, they haven't got either of our mobiles, so they couldn't ring them.  Now when people ask for a number, we say no.  Mobiles are for personal use only, home no is exdirectory and work numbers are out of bounds.  If they want to contact us they can write.  Tough luck if they don't like it, eh?? Wink  Hope this helps you, and if you'd like a number you can call them on, I can give it to you, or an address.  Let me know.  The number they ring on only has a recorded message, "There's no-one here to take your call at the moment, please try again later." And it then hangs up.  No name of company, nothing.  Very bad form.  Do let me know if you want their in bound no and address, I'll be more than glad to give it to you.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 9:26am

Full details from 192.com:

EQUIDEBT
EQUITY HOUSE
ETTINGTON ROAD
WELLESBOURNE
WARWICK
WARWICKSHIRE
CV359GA

01789 472 131 phone
01789 473 737 fax

As Tibblesmum said, the  01789 471 019 number is for their outgoing calls only, it doesn't accept incoming calls.

IP Logged

amalgamat

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 12:08pm

Grin THANKYOU SO MUCH,  I called them, they had a wrong number! Should stop calling me now! Smiley

Pete

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge