Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Freedom of Information Act (FoI) - E-Petition (Read 5,879 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Freedom of Information Act (FoI) - E-Petition
Jan 11th, 2007 at 11:29pm

Going through the list of e-petitions, I noticed the titled, "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Reject the restrictions on the Freedom of Information Act proposed by the Department of Constitutional Affairs".

More details:- Quote:
The proposed changes will restrict the number of requests individuals and organisations can make, and allow Government Department to include 'reading time' in fees calculations, greatly increasing the scope for obstruction of legitimate requests. As the Constitutional Affairs Select Committee concluded, there is no need to change the existing fees regime. Indeed, the cost of the Freedom of Information Act is less than was originally projected by the Government, and the transparency provided by the Act can only benefit efficient government.

I believe that it will limit our ability to openly request information to which we would normally have the right to simply because government departments will have access to more excuses for charging for FoI requests which they know that in most cases citizens will just forget the FoI so as to avoid paying.

Personally, I believe it's because the FoI has proven too popular for the government and things it would have liked to have remained silent on it has had to publish when asked to do so under the FoI (!)
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2007 at 11:30pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Re: Freedom of Information Act (FoI) - E-Petition
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 3:35pm

Thank you for posting that link, I've just signed!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge