Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Local Government Ombudsman (Read 10,544 times)
derrick
Supreme Member

Local Government Ombudsman
Jan 15th, 2007 at 10:34am

Does anyone know the direct dial phone number or direct e-mail address for:-

Mrs Anne Seex Anne Seex
Local Government Ombudsman
Beverley House
17 Shipton Road
York YO30 5FZ
Tel: 01904 380200
Fax: 01904 380269

The phone number only goes to the switchboard who have eventually put me through to her secretary, however I needs to speak to her directly or even e-mail her directly, and the secretary refuses to put me through, she will only pass on my phone number, and I do not expect her to phone back.

This does relate to the 0870 campaign re my local council not taking action re complaints about websites giving out 084/087 numbers as local/national rates.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Local Government Ombudsman
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:18pm

Most government email addresses are of the form:

name@organisation.gsi.gov.uk

So try:

anne {dot} seex {at} lgo {dot} gsi {dot} gov {dot} uk

However, a Google of the first few digits (see here) reveals some general @lgo.org.uk email addresses, so you could try anne {dot} seex {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

As for a direct number, if they won't put you through then all I can suggest is that you call through their numbers out of hours. Start at 01904 380200, 201 etc.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:25pm

If you rang Downing Street and asked for Tony Blair would you expect to be put through?

Same for Ken Livingstone, etc, etc.

The Local Government Ombudsman has a general email address: enquiries@lgo.gov.uk and there is a form on the website through which one can communicate with his/her office: http://www.lgo.org.uk/reqinfo.htm. This of course in addition to the postal address and fax number.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:29pm

lompos wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:25pm:
If you rang Downing Street and asked for Tony Blair would you expect to be put through?

Same for Ken Livingstone, etc, etc.

The Local Government Ombudsman has a general email address: enquiries@lgo.gov.uk and there is a form on the website through which one can communicate with his/her office: http://www.lgo.org.uk/reqinfo.htm. This of course in addition to the postal address and fax number.

It has gone to far now and I wish to speak to her personally, and yes as her paymaster I should be able to speak to her, these people are employed by us but think they are some sort of god, "we don't speak to the general public"  arrogant pieces of ***

It ids no good sending to the normal e-mail address as I do not think it will get where I want it to go.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:31pm

Dave wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:18pm:
Most government email addresses are of the form:

name@organisation.gsi.gov.uk

So try:

anne {dot} seex {at} lgo {dot} gsi {dot} gov {dot} uk

However, a Google of the first few digits (see here) reveals some general @lgo.org.uk email addresses, so you could try anne {dot} seex {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

As for a direct number, if they won't put you through then all I can suggest is that you call through their numbers out of hours. Start at 01904 380200, 201 etc.

Thanks Dave, I did think about that, do you think that if I sent to all, via a multiple e-mail one  of them may get there?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:34pm

derrick wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:31pm:
Thanks Dave, I did think about that, do you think that if I sent to all, via a multiple e-mail one  of them may get there?

I would try the gsi.gov.uk one first. If you get an 'undeliverable' email back (i.e. telling you that anne.seex doesn't exist), you know the address doesn't exist and you can try the lgo.org.uk one.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:35pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:55pm

Dave wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:34pm:
derrick wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 3:31pm:

I would try the gsi.gov.uk one first. If you get an 'undeliverable' email back (i.e. telling you that anne.seex doesn't exist), you know the address doesn't exist and you can try the lgo.org.uk one.

That one has come back as a failed delivery, so will try the others.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:42pm

I have now tried all the combinations, and all came back as failed deliveries, looks like I will have to try the ordinary one and hope she can be bothered to read it.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:51pm

derrick wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:42pm:
I have now tried all the combinations, and all came back as failed deliveries, looks like I will have to try the ordinary one and hope she can be bothered to read it.

Quite a few pages give email: enquiries {dot} york {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

One page here mentions Hilary Pook with email h {dot} pook {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

So it looks like it's first initial dot last name at lgo dot org dot uk. Try that and see what happens.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 5:12pm

Dave wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:51pm:
derrick wrote on Jan 15th, 2007 at 4:42pm:

Quite a few pages give email: enquiries {dot} york {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

One page here mentions Hilary Pook with email h {dot} pook {at} lgo {dot} org {dot} uk

So it looks like it's first initial dot last name at lgo dot org dot uk. Try that and see what happens.

Thanks Dave, tha appears to have worked, as I have just received "A mail message that you have sent has been opened by its recipient." and I sent it to:-  a.seex@lgo.org.uk

I use MSGTAG so someone has got it.

IP Logged

mayflower

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 5:25pm

Well done for persevering - ever thought of standing for local government?  this country needs determined people like yourself, who stand up for what they believe in. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge