Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Ofcom Info & Consultation on New 03 Number Range (Read 59,007 times)
derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Ofcom Info & Consultation on New 03 Number Ran
Reply #45 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:16pm

bbb_uk wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:43am:
Dave wrote on Mar 17th, 2007 at 8:26pm:
I am braced for an onslaught from other members......
... I realise that 03x isn't going to be popular with companies/gov departments because they will probably have to contribute to incoming calls.

Then they should migrate to an 01 number! problem solved.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #46 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 2:59pm

derrick wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:16pm:
A lot of smaller companies could easily do this.  However, those utilising several call centres then I'm afraid I think a NGN comes in handy.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #47 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 3:51pm

bbb_uk wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 2:59pm:
derrick wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:16pm:
A lot of smaller companies could easily do this.  However, those utilising several call centres then I'm afraid I think a NGN comes in handy.

It is my understanding? that most, if not all services operated on NGNs, can be operated on geo numbers in this day and age, I stand to be corrected  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #48 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 4:23pm

derrick wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 3:51pm:
It is my understanding? that most, if not all services operated on NGNs, can be operated on geo numbers in this day and age, I stand to be corrected  Roll Eyes
Yes a assuming they have really expensive PABX switchboard, etc equipment.  They would probably have to have backups in place if it fails and would probably have to pay a huge maintenance cost as well.  I can also imagine that the equipment would need to be in each call centre as well and be sophisticated enough to handle the amount of calls the company/gov departments may receive. I believe the cheapest route for those using multiple call centres is unfortunately an NGN.

The point of 03x is that assuming at least some companies migrate to this new number range that it will offer same benefits as the 08x range but without the added cost for consumers in calling.

I'm hoping those companies that arent concerned in the revenue share and only opted for an 0845 for the network features will migrate to 03x.

Even if it does cost money to receive calls on the 03x, I'm hoping that its only a small amount so it's still cheap enough for companies/gov departments to consider taking this route.

Those companies that don't really operate multiple call centres, etc could probably easily go back to a geographical but of course there is no incentive for them to do so.

IP Logged

RevK

Bracknell
Reply #49 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 1:19pm

I have to admit to being a bit puzzled on the possibility of paying for inbound 03 calls. We deal with various providers for inbound VoIP calls where inbound geographic and non-geographic make us a small revenue as a telco, as you would expect. Yet at least one provider we deal with suggested that they would have to charge us for terminating 03 calls. Surely they either work the same as non-geographic like 056 (same price to call as 03) or geographic like 020, neither of which need a charge for inbound calls. I never got a straight answer.

Anyway, we offer 03 numbers delivered by IP or fax to email or voicemail to email with no inbound call charges. Maybe others will follow. www.call.me.uk

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #50 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 6:36pm

Hi Adrian, welcome to saynoto0870.com.  

There is a later thread on 03 numbers here and you'll see your company has already been mentioned.. Cheesy

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #51 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:03pm

I have been searching around to find someone using a new 03 number without success.

There are a number of published references to companies and public bodies who either are using them, or are very keen to do so, but no names!

Who are they?

One interesting piece of information came to light at what sounds as though it should be an authoritiative source - http://www.uk03numbers.co.uk/how-it-works.php

Quote:
How 03 Numbers Works -

1. Decide the call charges your customers will pay for the call
We have a variety of 03 numbers ranging between 1 pence per minute (PPM) and 5ppm cost to the customer.

If you would like to earn a generous rebate (click here to view rates) and choose a 5ppm number. If you would like your customer to pay less and you subsidize, then choose 1ppm number.

It looks as though someone is set to breach GC 17!!, or is the author just trying to create confusion?

IP Logged

mikeinnc

Ofcom - quis custodiet
ipsos custodes?

Perth Western Australia
Reply #52 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:16pm

Quote:
03 Local Rate numbers (Non Geographic Numbers) are the most flexible Non Geographic Numbers available. The benefit of a company having a 03 Local Rate number is that 03 numbers are charged at local rate.

This, too is from the Global telecom 03 web site in the previous posting. http://www.uk03numbers.co.uk/

Just what is going on? Local rate? And this from a supposed 'Telecom' company?

I notice they have as their logo 'Global Telecom. In touch with the world'.

I'd add to that 'Global Telecom. In touch with the world. Out of touch with reality'.

And, I might add, what are useless Ofcom doing to police this sort of garbage?   Angry

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #53 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 3:07pm

You will see if you compare the website to their 0845 one that it's almost identical.

http://www.uk0845numbers.co.uk/how-it-works.php ; is pretty much word for word.

Looks like a bit of cut-and-paste to me without sufficient proof reading.  Certainly the rates page it links to has TBC in almost everything!

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #54 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 7:16pm

mikeinnc wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:16pm:
what are useless Ofcom doing to police this sort of garbage?   Angry

The thought of a formal complaint occurred to me. This issue is however (for the time being) outside my territory.

Assuming that the information is incorrect! this company is not only spreading the type of confusion that Ofcom is rightly (and I believe, genuinely) seeking to stop, it is also misleading its potential customers. It could be an idea for someone representing a mythical charity to make enquiries about obtaining an 03 number that would provide income to the charity from each call.

False information provided in response to such an enquiry would provide a genuine basis for a formal complaint to Ofcom.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge