Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Hall of Shame: Companies changing numbers (Read 471,818 times)
Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Hall of Shame: Companies changing numbers
Reply #75 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 11:45pm

But not, of course, as good as being honest and using normal, non revenue-sharing numbers.

IP Logged

Ricardo

Reply #76 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 11:49pm

Let's just hope that they haven't altered the geo numbers listed for the stores on this site. Someone is going to have a great job altering all the numbers from 0870 to 0844!!
Ricardo

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #77 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 7:45am

Ricardo wrote on Aug 25th, 2007 at 11:49pm:
Someone is going to have a great job altering all the numbers from 0870 to 0844!!

I'm sure this was part of all OfCoN's original deceitful plan, even though perm haired former Ofcom Competitition Director Sean Williams alleged at my November 2005 meeting at Ofcom that one of the key advantage of NTS numbers is that they were portable and businesses could keep them for life.

Strange how businesses are now quite prepared to give up those so called advantages of number portability for life and all that alleged great difficulty of changing numbers if it means them hanging on to more money. Wink Roll Eyes Angry Smiley
Smiley Smiley

<div style=

IP Logged

rhubarb

Reply #78 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:46pm

On 20 August 07 I sought to tell you how great you were. I had found easyJet from 087*** on 01582525001 who disposed of an error in booking in a flash. Today 04 Sept.07 all changed. Call that number and a recorded message directs one to easyJet's premium rate numbers 09*** saying the agents cannot respond to the landline number. Sharking of the worst order.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #79 - Sep 22nd, 2007 at 1:15pm

Not sure  if this belongs here, but here goes, LBC radio are using 0870 9090973 to contact the on air show, for the last couple of days the presenters have been saying the number is changing from Monday, but have not given out the new number, however looking on the website, http://www.lbc.co.uk/Article.asp?id=226022
LBC 97.3FM On-Air, it gives out a different number:- 0845 6060973, so assuming this is their new number they just do not learn! But better than using 0871 or 0844.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
BBC start using 0871
Reply #80 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 11:05am

And now the
BBC
start shifting from 0870 to 0871 - no real surprise there!

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1191403363/0#0

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #81 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 11:41am

Actually, this is not the first time the BBC has used an 0871 number (I've discovered). If you do a search on Google for 0871 site:bbc.co.uk, it returns a whole host of 0871 number results (mainly for tickets, cinemas and air travel - no surprises there). However, one result that comes up is in relation to the Restoration program that was shown a while back. People could pledge money to "The Restoration Fund" by calling an 0871 number - details are at www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/09_september/11/restoration....

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

taffy812

Wales
Precision Print - Swansea
Reply #82 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 12:09pm

Hi,

Here is a new one, not very useful for people out of Swansea to be honest, but their excuse sucks! Just another money making scam for this company that probably does 95% of their work in this area. They have lost me as a customer anyway!

By the way their real number is: 01792 414040

Precision Print & Design
Rear of 1 Pentrepoeth Road
Morriston
Swansea
SA6 6AA

http://www.precisionprint.co.uk/

Dear Customer,

As a result of our increasing UK-wide market and company expansion, Precision Print has a new telephone number:

Tel: 0845 884 4040
Fax: 0845 884 4050

Our old number will forward to our new number for a short period of time, however please can you update your records and use our new number from this moment onwards.

One other thing to note. We have a menu system in place on our new number, to enable our customers to be routed easily through to the correct department.

We hope this will speed up customer waiting times and improve our level of service.

IP Logged

taffy812

Wales
RE: Precision Print - Swansea
Reply #83 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 5:55pm

Hi,

Had a reply from a Peter Lewis regarding the 0845 number - he was kind enough to provide geographical number for this - so the reply to my email and number is below:

Thank you for your email.

Our 0845 number was setup to give us a National presence, and not to generate revenue for our company. Indeed, we turned down an 0844 number initially because we felt that we wanted the lowest possible rate for our customers.

The 0845 number is mapped to the following number, so you can reach us directly on the following geographic number:

01792 349847

Best wishes
Peter Lewis

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #84 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 6:09pm

My advice would be to write back to Peter Lewis, thank him very much for his honesty and for providing the geographic. Advise him that you don't need an NGN to establish a national presence, but if they decide to continue using the 0845 number, to give equal prominence to the geographic as to the 0845 number.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #85 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 6:20pm

jgxenite wrote on Oct 9th, 2007 at 6:09pm:
My advice would be to write back to Peter Lewis, thank him very much for his honesty and for providing the geographic.
I agree here.

Quote:
Advise him that you don't need an NGN to establish a national presence, but if they decide to continue using the 0845 number, to give equal prominence to the geographic as to the 0845 number
Some communication providers use this 'national presence' term as a selling point along with the lies about call charges only being local/national rate!

IP Logged

taffy812

Wales
Reply #86 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 8:13pm

Hi,

I have already done so, its nice when companies listen to customers views, something all to often missing in today's world.

IP Logged

trickyd

Manchester
Reply #87 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 3:54am

AngryWith respect, Mr Ghost (reply #70), there is a "Hall of Fame" section beneath the Hall of Shame. That's why I posted the entry about Country Walking magazine in this thread.

Another one for the Hall of SHAME, the National Railway Museum in York, moved from 0870 to 0844.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #88 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 11:49pm

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1123378.php

<<
Holiday Taxis abandons premium rate numbers

Transfer provider Holiday Taxis is switching to a local call rate telephone code from the end of the month.

The company will not use 0870 numbers from the end of October and is moving to 0844 numbers.

These offer local call rates per minute from across the UK rather than premium rates aligned to 0870. The transition will be fully complete by December 1, according to the firm.

The move comes ahead of the February 2008 change in charging structure for 0870 numbers by telecoms regulator Ofcom.

Holiday Taxis' sales and marketing director Russell Parr claimed: "We are the first transfer company to make this move and it continues our commitment to providing quality service to the travel trade.

"We want to be ahead of the game before the February change comes into play to give our trade partners time to get used to the new numbers."

by Phil Davies
>>

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

Precision_Print

Reply #89 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 9:34am

Hi,
I would like to make a point on Behalf of Precision Print, whom I work for. We are indeed a Swansea based company, however in recent years we have increased our UK-wide work so that now, 80% of our work is for companies outside of Swansea.

I am disappointed with taffy812`s speculative accusation that "Just another money making scam for this company that probably does 95% of their work in this area."

Simply not true.
Indeed, we do not make a single penny out of telephone calls made to our company. I cannot comment on what our Telephone provider makes, I suspect we are being compared here to 0870 and 0844 telephone numbers, which I think is unfair.

Our telephone number change was for the following reasons.

1. We have moved to a VOIP system for our telephones. Since our old number 01792 414040 was an NTL number, we were advised that we were unable to migrate this number to our new platform because the new service provider does not have a contract with NTL to do so. The current setup of the industry means that large companies such as NTL have a monopoly over smaller companies and can choose not to release numbers to certain companies. This results in an unfair competitive advantage in localised areas.

2. Given the migration problems, we had to consider a new telephone number, and we took the opportunity to gain an 0845 number so that we would not appear to be localised in the Swansea Area. This was purely a business decision which took into account our future expansion plans throughout the UK.

I take the point that we should give prominence to our alternative number, and following the comments we have received, I will be publishing the following alternative number on our website and other places where possible.
01792 349847

Thank you for your comments, and feel free to continue the discussion. We have acted in good faith in this case.
Peter Lewis
Precision Print

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge