<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
jajah.com (Read 9,445 times)
reggie

jajah.com
Apr 9th, 2007 at 11:19am

Has anyone any experience of Jajah. I managed to persuade my nearest and dearest to register ( call are free between registered users) but it has not been working for the past couple of days. When I put in the number and click on call I get a make payment now message. I have sent them an email but no response yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

IP Logged

reggie

Re: jajah.com
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 9:28am

I have now exchanged a few emails with Jajah customer support and as a result  my connection has been reinstated. I would still be interested to hear of othee people's experience with the service.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2007 at 12:42pm

I have now had another explanatory email from Jajah and although there doesn't seem much interest in this site am posting it here
I find it useful for communicating with lose family members to whom I make frequent calls. Often one only get an answering machine but the connection fee is still chargeable so it does save on that.

An account becomes inactive if it is not used for an out going call, during a
period of 14 days.

Once you make a call (paid or free) or send an SMS, your account status will be
changed back to active.

Note that in order to make free calls your account does not have to be active,
only the destination account has to be active.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 9:59am

Further clarification abut Jajah... you have to find things out the hard way with them..
1.Even if your "free call" doesn't connect, ie. no reply or engaged  ., minutes are taken off your free time(60 min per day) 2. If you use their ring back option there is a charge whether or not there is a reply!
If you intend to use this "free service" between registered users you should always check that it says  however many free minutes to the left of the call button and also check your credit( top right hand corner) They give you some 34-36 pence credit when you register. If you follow my guide lines that credit should remain intact. If it falls below a certain amount they will not let you use the service without some form of prepayment.
That said it remains a useful service for calling frequently called numbers especially if they are overseas.

IP Logged

glennal

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 1:38pm

If you have broadband internet access - down load skype (dot com) & if other person does same call for free - if not calls to L/Ls are dirt cheap @ 0.017 pm

Best Regards&&&&Glenn Lewis&&&&Glenn Lewis CeMAP Cert CII (MP)&&Alexander MORTGAGE SERVICES

IP Logged

vk_board

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 10:19am

Hi,
I had great experience with JaJah. The advantage to skype or other voip providers is that the other person does not have to be online and you do not have to use a headset. It is totally free if both parties are registered and use the service at least once in a month. I even initiate the calls using internet on my mobile. Jajah rocks.

Also Rebtel is cool to call cheap from one Mobile to another. It sounds mega complicated but once you did it you save massive. I call from the UK to abroad. First I registered with Rebtel - then I entered some phone numbers from my phone book (Austria, Denmark, Germany, Poland etc) and received local London phone numbers for them. When I call a foreign mobile they see a local number (vienna, Copenhagen, Berlin or Warswa) If I ask them to call back whilst I wait on the line the call is totally free. I pay to London the other person pays to his nearest city (usually included in free airtime) and rebtel does not charge.. Have a look yourself http://www.rebtel.com

Also if you like calling from a computer http://messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php is a lot cheaper then skype...

Hope this helps
André

IP Logged

vk_board

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 10:42am

sorry mistake - jajah - so it is free both have to be active once every 2 weeks not once in a month. but if my friend does not use it for a long time and then uses it again and i also use it regularly it will also be free.. (hope this is not too confusing) - details here http://www.jajah.com/info/help/faq/freecalls/#01 BR André

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 10:06pm

Jajah can be very confusing.
1.If  the line you call is busy you will be given the option of automatically rescheduling the call after 5 , 10, 15 minutes. If you accept to do this you will be charged and once your credit balance, which is given to you when you sign on, goes below a certain amount you will no longer be able to make free calls without making a payment)
2.You start off with an allowance of 500 free minute a month but as soon as you use 120 minutes i a month your allowance is cut to 30 min a week or 60 min a month.If you use 30 minutes in a week you will only get 30 minutes for the rest of the month. They say that as soon as you make a paymnet your 500 free minutes will be restored.
It seems to me that they haven't got their act together but the customer support people do respond to emails and very gradually one learns how it all works. I use it mainly to allow my daughter who lives overseas and doesn't have the benefit of 18185 to call me for free.
3 I forgot to say that when you make a call and don't actually connect, ie line is engaged or no one replies it uses one of your free minutes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge