Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Sunrise Radio   (Read 38,227 times)
2old4this

High Wycombe
Sunrise Radio  
May 10th, 2007 at 9:52pm

Does anyone have a geographical number for Sunrise Radio (London) Studio - Tel: 08451 661458

Sunrise Radio Limited   
  Sunrise House,
Southall Middlesex
UB2 4AU

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Re: Sunrise Radio  
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2007 at 10:02pm

Try:

Sunrise Radio
Sunrise Road, Southall,
Middlesex, UB2 4AU
(020) 8574 6666

IP Logged

2old4this

High Wycombe
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2007 at 6:54am

lompos wrote on May 10th, 2007 at 10:02pm:
Try:

Sunrise Radio
Sunrise Road, Southall,
Middlesex, UB2 4AU
(020) 8574 6666

All ready tried these numbers
0208 574 6666 (Board)
0208 813 9700 (Fax)
0208 574 7777 (Sales)

http://www.sunriseradio.com/

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2007 at 10:15pm by 2old4this »  

IP Logged

2old4this

High Wycombe
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2007 at 11:34am

ok i have found the sunrise studio number and it works Grin can someone put it on the main database with the website

Thanks

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - May 12th, 2007 at 11:41am

2old4this wrote on May 12th, 2007 at 11:34am:
ok i have found the sunrise studio number and it works Grin can someone put it on the main database with the website

Done.  Wink

How did you find it?  Huh

IP Logged

2old4this

High Wycombe
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2007 at 12:05pm

Dave wrote on May 12th, 2007 at 11:41am:
2old4this wrote on May 12th, 2007 at 11:34am:

Done.  Wink

How did you find it?  Huh

Phoned there switchboard and told them i was in Germany and wanted to  call there studio so was given 0208 number Wink allway remember to put 141 infront number when dialing any number

IP Logged

happy37

Kent
Sunrise Radio studio number
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:13pm

Hello everyone...

I have been listening to the above Asian station for years now.

Website is www.sunriseradio.com

Address is:-

Sunrise Radio Ltd
Sunrise House,
Southall
Middlesex
UB2 4AT

Further contact details are at:-

http://www.sunriseradio.com/content/?id=9

They have today announced that the Studio phone in number has changed from 0845 136 1458 to.....

0901 360 1458

£1 a minute flat rate number!!!    Angry    Angry    Angry  

I know that it will be said that there are other geographical numbers available in the database, and yes, indeed there are.

The 0208 number in the database is free to call from a BT line, depending on which BT Calling plan you're on.

Search for Sunrise Radio in the database and the number will come up.

The 0845 number (as above) is also free to call from a BT line, depending on which BT Calling plan you're on.

The point of my thread/post is this:-

I know that these 2 alternative numbers are still available for now.....but for how long???

I am still going to carry on using the alternative geo numbers until they get wise to it and close them down, or put a message on saying that the 0901 number will now need to be called!...

Alternatively, there are 2 other options available:-

Text or email - other listeners might want to use these, unless they desperately want to pay for an 0901 phone call/charges.

Can someone please confirm if the 0901 number is a totally non-geographical number with no underlying alternative geo number that it maps to???

And secondly, are they able/allowed to do this, meaning that they will now get a greater share of each and every phone call that will be made to their studios for phone-ins, song requests etc...?

Is it worth complaining to OFCOM/PhonePay Plus, or whoever it is that regulates 0901 numbers?

All comments, suggestions, thoughts are welcome.

Regards
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:50pm by happy37 »  

happy37

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sunrise Radio studio number
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 11:46pm

happy37 wrote on Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:13pm:
They have today announced that the Studio phone in number has changed from 0845 136 1458 to.....

0901 360 1458

£1 a minute flat rate number!!!    Angry    Angry    Angry

The good thing is that the premium that they charge is now clear to see, what with the number being prefixed with 09. Whether an individual wishes to pay it is another matter. With it being radio, it is likely that people will be calling whilst out and about from their mobiles. The station may well see a drop in telephone calls on account of the cost.

I know that it will be said that there are other geographical numbers available in the database, and yes, indeed there are.

The 0208 number in the database is free to call from a BT line, depending on which BT Calling plan you're on.

The 0845 number (as above) is also free to call from a BT line, depending on which BT Calling plan you're on.

I have added this 09 number to the Sunrise Radio entry.

The point of my thread/post is this:-

I know that these 2 alternative numbers are still available for now.....but for how long???

Look above and you will see that the 020 studio number was obtained a few years ago and given out by the switchboard operator.

Can someone please confirm if the 0901 number is a totally non-geographical number with no underlying alternative geo number that it maps to???

Technically speaking, the 09 numbers are the same as 08 ones. Any alternatives that exist do so because that is the way the numbers work. You dial the 08 or 09 number and it delivers calls to a 01/02 number.

And secondly, are they able/allowed to do this, meaning that they will now get a greater share of each and every phone call that will be made to their studios for phone-ins, song requests etc...?

Yes!!  Roll Eyes

They are a private company and can charge what they like. If you don't like it, then don't call!

That's like saying, is it OK for vending machines in railway stations to charge £1 for a can when they are available for a far cheaper price elsewhere. It's market forces.

Is it worth complaining to OFCOM/PhonePay Plus, or whoever it is that regulates 0901 numbers?

No.

IP Logged

2old4this

High Wycombe
Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 12:08am

Any dates when this number  will start 0901 as nothing on there site

IP Logged

happy37

Kent
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:20am

Hi 2old4this

Thanks for finding the 0208 number years ago - it's much appreciated.

If you read my post, I said in there that I heard this mentioned yesterday in a show that they are now charging for their calls.

Quote:

0901 360 1458

Quote:
The good thing is that the premium that they charge is now clear to see, what with the number being prefixed with 09. Whether an individual wishes to pay it is another matter. With it being radio, it is likely that people will be calling whilst out and about from their mobiles. The station may well see a drop in telephone calls on account of the cost.

Sorry Dave, it's not at all clear (not having a pop at you over this, but they have only mentioned this yesterday...for all I know, this might have started at the beginning of this week, but I only heard it mentioned in a show yesterday).

Also, it's not on their website yet, as that is and has always been months and years out of date and never gets updated.

I will still carry on using the 0208 and 0845 numbers for now, as well as the email and text options.

Email: studio@sunriseradio.com

Text: 077793 981458 (mobile operator charges apply)

Dave et al, I nearly forgot to ask this, so here goes:-

Is the station able to tell or check which number is beng called? - be it the 0208, 0845 or the new 0901?

If the caller is putting 141 in front of the number that they are calling, can the station know or find out which number the call will go to/be put through to or not?

Hope this helps - your comments/thoughts are appreciated.....

Regards

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:59am by happy37 »  

happy37

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:59am

happy37 wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 5:20am:
Quote:

Sorry Dave, it's not at all clear (not having a pop at you over this, but they have only mentioned this yesterday...for all I know, this might have started at the beginning of this week, but I only heard it mentioned in a show yesterday).

The thing which I was referring to that "is now clear to see" is the fact that there is premium charge attached to a call to the 09 number. The premium with the 0845 number remains covert, however.

Is the station able to tell or check which number is beng called? - be it the 0208, 0845 or the new 0901?

I have no idea whether this station does have that facility or not.

If the caller is putting 141 in front of the number that they are calling, can the station know or find out which number the call will go to/be put through to or not?

Putting 141 infront of a number when you dial it sends a request to the telephone company of the person/party you are calling not to provide the person/party with your CLI.

I understand, having read comments posted on this forum, that as well as CLI (the caller's number) that there is also a dialled number, so in theory, they could, perhaps, see that you dialled 020... and treat your call differently to if you had dialled 090...

At the end of the day, it's all ifs buts and maybes and the best way to find out is to try it and see if your call is answered and dealt with as it is on the 090 number.

You could, if you wish, obtain your own 08 or 09 number and point it to your 01/02 landline. AFAIK, you will probably find that you have no way of knowing whether any one particular caller rang the 08/09 number or the 'proper' 01/02 number. Maybe more 'advanced' phone systems can allow distinguishment of the two, I don't know.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:59am by Dave »  

IP Logged

happy37

Kent
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 8:17am

Hi Dave - many thanks for your comments. In response:-

Quote:
The thing which I was referring to that "is now clear to see" is the fact that there is premium charge attached to a call to the 09 number. The premium with the 0845 number remains covert, however.

I totally agree with that - they have stated very clearly that there is now a charge relating to this call. £1 flat rate - please seek the bill payer's permission etc...blah, blah.....

They have never mentioned that there is a charge with the 0845 number - I wonder why.....?  Lips Sealed    Undecided    Angry

Quote:
Technically speaking, the 09 numbers are the same as 08 ones. Any alternatives that exist do so because that is the way the numbers work. You dial the 08 or 09 number and it delivers calls to a 01/02 number.

You know you've said that when the 08 or 09 number is dialled, the calls are delivered/routed? to a 01/02 number - does this work the other way round???

This might be a silly question, actually - I might be totally wrong in thinking this. If the 08/09 number is dialled, the fact that it is routed to an 01/02 number is irrelevant as the call is charged to the 08/09 prefix as that is the number that is/was dialled - am I correct, Dave?

If the 01/02 number is dialled, then is the call charged to the 01/02 number (which I think it is), and not to the 08/09 number? I think that this is correct, because as you say:-

Quote:
so in theory, they could, perhaps, see that you dialled 020...and treat your call differently to if you had dialled 090...

Any comments please on what I've said above? - I will try the 0208 and 0845 numbers prefixed with 141 over the weekend and will report back with my results.

Hope this helps - your further comments/thoughts are appreciated.....

Regards

happy37

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 2:23pm

happy37 wrote on Apr 15th, 2010 at 8:17am:
Quote:

You know you've said that when the 08 or 09 number is dialled, the calls are delivered/routed? to a 01/02 number - does this work the other way round???

This might be a silly question, actually - I might be totally wrong in thinking this. If the 08/09 number is dialled, the fact that it is routed to an 01/02 number is irrelevant as the call is charged to the 08/09 prefix as that is the number that is/was dialled - am I correct, Dave?

If the 01/02 number is dialled, then is the call charged to the 01/02 number (which I think it is), and not to the 08/09 number? I think that this is correct, because as you say:-

Quote:
so in theory, they could, perhaps, see that you dialled 020...and treat your call differently to if you had dialled 090...

Any comments please on what I've said above? - I will try the 0208 and 0845 numbers prefixed with 141 over the weekend and will report back with my results.

Call costs cannot be changed based on the channel where the call is forwarded or put through to.

An analogy: when you call any number, your telephone provider puts you through a door (Door A) and charges you the appropriate fee for that type of door (type of number). At the other side of the door is the receiver's telephone provider which can forward or put you through to any destination, but the trail of your call always comes in through Door A until it is terminated (ended).

If you call the 020 number, then this has nothing to do with the 09 number. Door A is the 020 number and the receiver's telephone provider passes the call straight through to their telephone line.

Calling the 09 number puts you through Door X and your provider charges you the appropriate fee. The telephone provider behind Door X then puts the call through Door A to the 020 number.

IP Logged

happy37

Kent
Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 7:17am

Hi Dave - good morning.

Quote:
If you call the 020 number, then this has nothing to do with the 09 number. Door A is the 020 number and the receiver's telephone provider passes the call straight through to their telephone line.

Calling the 09 number puts you through Door X and your provider charges you the appropriate fee. The telephone provider behind Door X then puts the call through Door A to the 020 number.

An excellent analogy - and also exactly what I thought you were going to tell me.

The reason being that, if I call the 020 number, my call will go through to the 020 number and the relevant call fee will be charged (or not depending on the BT Calling Plan that the caller is on.)

But if I call the 0901 number, I do get charged the call fee, but the call is still put through to the 020 number.

Now this may be a case of "teaching granny to suck eggs" as you might say, but I think that I won't be calling the 0901 number to be put through to an 020 number...do you???    Wink    Grin    Roll Eyes    Tongue

Oh well, there's always the text/email options.....    Wink

As I said before, I will definitely try the 0208 and 0845 numbers prefixed with 141 over the weekend and will report back with my results...a few of my favourite shows will be on air.

Any further comments please on what I've said above? - thanks again for the explanation, its made things a lot clearer than before.

Regards

happy37

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:17pm

happy37 wrote on Apr 16th, 2010 at 7:17am:
Any further comments please on what I've said above? - thanks again for the explanation, its made things a lot clearer than before.

You will have to try it and see; whether they will accept the call when you dial via the 020 or 0845 numbers. You could also try without 141 because it isn't forced to make any difference, other than to stop your number appearing on their caller display.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge