Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mobile cashback rip-offs (Read 3,831 times)
dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Mobile cashback rip-offs
Sep 2nd, 2007 at 10:56pm

It is rather alarming for those who have already been ripped of by unscrupulous mobile retailers offering supposed cashback deals in which they use all sorts of tricks in their terms and conditions to wriggle out of ever paying any cashback, that all of the retailers listed here on this Saynoto0870 forum advertisement:
"SPECIAL OFFER: SELECTION OF FREE MOBILE PHONES
12 MONTH CONTRACTS - £0.00 (TOTAL FOR FULL YEAR AFTER REDEMPTION)" are still blatantly avoiding conforming to or paying any attention whatever to the new Ofcom Code of Practice, in respect of so-called marketing incentives, such as cashback payments offered! This code of practice (Code of Practice for the sales and marketing of subscriptions to mobile networks - www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/mpb/cop.pdf) has been signed by all the major network providers (including O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3), and one of the obligations placed on them by Ofcom is that they make this code a contractual obligation on their distributors and dealers. This they are clearly still failing to do, so the code is not working and as usual Ofcom sit by and do nothing!

I have just carried out a survey of all the distributors and dealers listed in this supposed offer banner on this site, and of all the others who I have been able to find on the Internet in the UK. I have not been able to find even one distributor or dealer who is conforming to the new code of practice in their terms and conditions, with regard to cashback payments, and most of their terms and conditions contravene the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and Unfair Terms in Contracts Regulations 1999 (Statutory Instrument 1999 No. 2083) in various other ways. I am about to complain to Ofcom about this, and also to each of the network provider signatories to the code. I suggest others who have already been ripped off, or are also incensed by these cheating rogue retail companies, also complain.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

vmeldrew1

Re: Mobile cashback rip-offs
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 9:24pm

AngryWarning to all users phone box direct/mobilemedia are a total scam who will change names soon and you will not see your money again. They are not legally registered and have now registered an 0900 helpline on premium rate making even more money. As mentioned speak to your providers do not use thezse companies. This site should not promote these companies. Go with the main service provider it is actually cheaper than the cashback cons! and the calls trying to get your money back Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge