Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HSBC Branch numbers (Read 69,024 times)
mintiecake

Lancashire
HSBC Branch numbers
Sep 4th, 2007 at 12:56pm

i have a number for the Rawtenstall Branch which is 0845 603 2823 does anyone know the land line number for this one?

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Re: HSBC Branch numbers
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 3:47pm

The number you gave for the Rawtenstall branch is incorrect:

HSBC
17 Bank Street
Rawtenstall
Rossendale
Lancashire
BB4 6QS

Tel: 08457 404 404
Fax: 01706 706 749

You cannot call HSBC branches directly.  When you call the 0845 number a call centre answers.  They usually try to resolve the issue but if they cannot they will put you through to the branch.  

Call 01226 261 010 which is the nearest HSBC geographic number to Rawtenstall (it is in fact in Barnsley), prefix it with 141 and see if they are willing to deal with your question. If necessary say that you are calling from abroad and ask them to transfer you to the right department.

FYI - 0845 numbers cannot generally be called from abroad,

IP Logged

Kiwi_g

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:45pm

About 2 years ago, I needed to contact someone at a branch of HSBC and I was directed to India.  They tried to transfer me but told me that the numbers were engaged.  I then phoned their Canary Wharf HO (020 7991 8888) and after a short time someone answered saying “security”.  I asked for the numbers and was given a choice of 2.  I was asked why I had phoned the security number and on telling them the number I dialled, I was told “oh, it seems that they are not answering their phone” !! 

I phoned the branch numbers and kept on getting voicemail messages.  As they appeared to be in a sequence, I tried other numbers nearby and was successful and managed to speak to the person I was trying to contact.  When I mentioned the numbers I had been given, surprise was expressed as they had left that extension some 3 months previously.

In another instance, my bank, First Direct, sent me more foreign currency than I ordered and charged me for that amount.  I suggested that it would be easiest for me to return it to the nearest HSBC branch, some 200 yards away.  I was told that they would make arrangements and call me back.  After some time, I called First Direct again and was told that they had found it impossible to contact the branch – amazing as First Direct are part of HSBC.

The last instance concerns a voicemail message left on my office phone.  “This is *** from your bank, please call me on 0845 ********”.  I tried the number and of course, no one knew who called me.  I thought it might be in respect of an HSBC account that I have. 

The person eventually called me again and it transpired that the call was in respect of a direct debit instruction I had sent to a particular branch (I am also a DD originator) where the mandate had become detached from the covering letter.  I asked why the message referred to my account when clearly it was not.  I was told that data protection issues were involved.

You will gather that I’m not impressed with HSBC and suggest that there is little point in trying to contact them by phone.

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 5:37pm

Quote:
Call 01226 261 010 ....

This number is in fact also in the unverified database corresponding to 08457 404 404, with a further alternative geographic number: 01442 422 929 (option 3).

The number is for customer services in the area, not the actual branch.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 8:06pm

There is a thread on HSBC branch numbers here.

There seems to be a pattern with HSBC where numbers for branches within the same area code start with the same few digits.

The fax number for the Rawtenstall branch is 01706 706749.

The fax number for the Rochdale (Yorkshire Street) branch is 01706 706399.

Note the similarities.  Huh

This leads me to believe that branches have 50 or maybe 100 consecutive numbers.  Undecided

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 2:05pm

Basically, HSBC are RUBBISH.  I have had an account with them for over 35 years and, until about 3-4 years ago, they were great, I would have recommended them to anyone but now they are awful and we are moving our business to Nationwide.  I have taken it right to the Head Office level about the telephone numbers, they didn't care, just fobbed me off with "go to the FSA", their way of not dealing with a problem and saying they don't care about customers!   They also are the only people I deal with who send out unsolicited mail with full 16 digits of the credit card number displayed (off message but indicative of their attitude).   We recently had a problem where our son, who was becoming seriously ill with viral meningitis on that day, had accidently used an unrecognised signature; trying to resolve this by telephone was a nightmare, I am still (6 weeks on) waiting for the forms to resolve the locked security (fortunately we have mandate on his account & he eventually managed to visit the branch) - this could all have been resolved IF we could have rung the branch.  If asked, the call centre will admit that they can only email the branch & ask them to contact the customer - this can take days.  The only success story I have heard re HSBC recently was graduates using, I think,  Facebook to force an about-turn regarding interest on graduate overdrafts.   Maybe that it something we should consider as a campaign tool?

IP Logged

yz724475a
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2007 at 6:55pm

I am also a H.S.B.C. Business customer, we are in the process of moving our account to Lloyds. I always ring 01226 261010 to contact customer service and it takes you through the automated system. I you want to bypass it and speak directly to a human voice then press the * key on your key pad 5 times.
You will hear the prompt "I do not understand that command and be put through to a human voice. Be persistant as they will attempt to give you an 0870 or 0845 number insist they transfer you.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:28pm

Or have a look in http://www.hbeu1.hsbc.com/ukservices/branchlocator/area.asp?area=ll&type= and try a digit up or down from the fax number given.
Yup, dreadful service, startling incompetence and many errors errors, such that we moved the company account.
Sorry - the above link not as much fun as the ch one, which lists closed branches and then blithely announces THERE IS NO BRANCH IN...

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:34pm

Try this number I use it all the time just press the star key 4 times and you will be put through to a live operator insist they connect you and they will 01226 261010

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 5:07pm

Tanllan wrote on Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:28pm:
Or have a look in http://www.hbeu1.hsbc.com/ukservices/branchlocator/area.asp?area=ll&type= and try a digit up or down from the fax number given.

Not that it matters as I don't bank with them, but the fax number for my local HSBC (Didcot) is also an 0845 number!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge