Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blocking geographical numbers (Read 2,856 times)
Gins66

Blocking geographical numbers
Oct 18th, 2007 at 10:50am

I have just tried to phone the Royal Mail Customer Services using the alternative numbers to the 08457 number and get a recorded message each time saying that I have dialled an incorrect number and the call will be ended. This happened with another company a few months ago when the geographical number never was answered, but as soon as I used the 0870 number got through immediately. Also one company was quite angry that I had used the geo number and transferred me to the 0870 number ! Obviously companies are getting wise to people using the geographical numbers. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what can we do about it ?

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Blocking geographical numbers
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2007 at 11:11am

Don't worry if they transfer you, because whatever they might tell you, they cannot change the charge to you by transferring, if you dialled an 01/02 number that is what you will pay for, it is impossible to change the tariff internally at a company.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Blocking geographical numbers
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2007 at 8:26pm

The Royal Mail has been mentioned before. IIRC, the recording, telling you off almost, is very monotonal: "You have dialled a incorrect number" and cuts off. That is because they have taken these individual numbers out of service (although they still answer and if you are on a chargeable package, you will have been charged because it is a recording played by RM).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge