Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EDF Energy (East of England) (Read 26,949 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

EDF Energy (East of England)
Nov 8th, 2007 at 3:51pm

I am searching for an alternative no for 0845 7673673 which is the customer relations dept of EDF Energy, Fore Hamlet, Ipswich IP3 8AA.   There isn't an alternative in the database & I have searched their website.   We are sick of repeated power cuts in our area (three in a month, two of over three hours duration), obviously caused by an inherent weakness in the network.   The staff claim only to have the 0845 but I want to get to someone high (if anyone knows a senior member of staff that would help, the one I had previously has left) as I am not satisfied with their inaction of only responding to power cuts rather than ensuring problems are resolved before they become major!   ANy help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: EDF Energy (East of England)
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 4:15pm

Barbara,

When we have power cuts, thankfully not often, I use this number ... 0800 783 8866. I have not used it for some time but guess it is still working. By the way I am on EDF Energy as well but not in the area you are. Worth a try. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2007 at 4:17pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 4:27pm

I have the same sort of problems with EDF (I'm in Earls Colne) but accept them as the price of no longer having to live in a town.

My problems were even more frustrating because, every time I phoned 0800 7 838 838 to report a power cut, they told me my postcode didn't exist.  OK, it was new when I moved here in 2003 (brownfield site new build) but it certainly isn't now!  As a result, I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone every time (20 or so in 4 years) because they rely on the postcode and not many of their operatives know how to manually enter a report.

I wrote in the end:
Quote:
On 2003, I was the first to move into a new property on a brownfield development of 8 homes.  The site formerly accommodated a single premise but, because 8 properties were now involved, Royal Mail decided to issue a completely new postcode.

When the first power cut occurred a few weeks later, I attempted to report same via 08007838838 but discovered that EDF’s systems had not been updated to show the new postcode.  As a result, I had to spend 10 minutes reporting the power cut because the operator had to enter the report manually and was unfamiliar with the procedure.  I found that a little strange but thought nothing more of it at the time.

In the intervening 4 years, I have had to call to report power failures on about 20 more occasions (I have no idea why the village is so vulnerable to them), and, each time, have been told my postcode does not exist. 

It has reached the stage now where, when I phone 08007838838, I start my call by telling the operator  that they will have to enter my report manually because the EDF postcode database has not been updated in the past 4 years and so, if they do a search for my address using the postcode (as they are trained to do), they will get a ‘not found’ response.  As a result, what should be a one minute call is always at least ten minutes and, frequently, involves (unnecessary) heated exchanges regarding whether the postcode exists or not.

Please will you advise me when you will update your database.

I only received a 'jobsworth' reply by e-mail (they couldn't even be bothered to reply to a letter with a letter) - but was invited to use the 0800 number:
Quote:
I am sorry to hear of the problems you have reported both in terms of holding your address details and frequency of power cuts.

I have passed on your property details to our systems team to see what can be done about manually applying your address to our systems.

Our programs are designed to pick up updates as passed via the customers supply company as they are connected to meter points and as such the electricity network
. To enter this type of information without the related network data would be without value. Hopefully we will be able to find a way to bypass this system.

Please if you have any problems with your supply please do continue to contact us on the 0800 783 8838 number and explain that you have been in contact with myself to try and resolve these issues.

Kind regards,

Kerry Robertson
Customer Relations
EDF Energy Networks
Kerry.robertson@edfenergy.com

Needless to say, my response at the attempted buck-passing was less than flattering:
Quote:
Dear Ms. Robertson

You appear, perhaps deliberately, to have entirely missed the point and are trying to blame the electricity supply companies for EDF's continuing failures. 

I have changed suppliers 4 times since moving here 4 years ago and, as I have received correctly-addressed bills from Powergen, Atlantic Electric & Gas, British Gas, Southern Electricity (Equipower) and nPower, if your "Our programs are designed to pick up updates as passed via the customers (sic) supply company as they are connected to meter points and as such the electricity network" statement is true, it appears you have repeatedly failed to take notice of the information they have given you.  Or are you saying you totally ignored the customer information each of them sent you?

To summarise, I am not satisfied with your patronising and evasive response.

Anyway, I wonder whether 0800 7 838 838 could transfer you if, as suggested to me, you mention Ms. Robertson's name?
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2007 at 4:34pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 5:13pm

Hi Sherbert & Heinz, thanks for your replies but the 0800 number is the emergency no for reporting power cuts, what I need is the geo equivalent to the 0845 for Customer Services.   Heinz, I do sympathise; in the even worse old days of 24/7, suddenly we were told we didn't exist & to pretend we were our neighbours when we rang (many of our neighbours were in the same position of having been wiped from the system during an upgrade, some living in houses 150 years old!)   It was at that point I made contact with a Mark Jones at 24/7 who asked me to email him a summary of our problems for the previous 12 months - it ran to 4 pages of A4!   He was shocked and AT LAST our old system was upgraded (five years after first promised).   One of the points I made to him at the time (he has now left) is that rural dwellers do not pay any less for their electricity so why should they be expected to be happy with a worse service?! This is a bit off message I know but I didn't want to ignore your points.   

So, if anyone has an alternative to 0845, it should be Ipswich and, I think, have an 01473 code, I would be very grateful.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 5:22pm

From the EDF web site...http://www.edfenergy.com/html/showPage.do?name=edfenergy.contacts.til

Customer enquiries (billing, complaints, your meter, general queries, EDF Energy as your energy supplier):

For enquiries about meter reading, billing or for changing your supplier to
EDF Energy, call us on: 0800 096 2270
or contact us via our general customer query form.

And...

For general enquiries please write to:

EDF Energy
40 Grosvenor Place
Victoria
London SW1X 7EN

Tel: 020 7242 9050

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 11:49pm

EDF Energy customer services: 020 78271000

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge