Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bits and Pieces (Read 17,005 times)
Martin_rosen

London
Bits and Pieces
Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:13pm

Nothing to do with the Dave Clark 5 (for those old enough to remember!).  I am looking for a company called Bits and Pieces in Manchester (they make novelty jigsaws amongst other things).   Everywhere I look (their website, Yell.com) it refers to their 0870 number for customer services.  Despite sending three e-mails to them, I have had no respnse.

Anybody know them?

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Re: Bits and Pieces
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:26pm

Can you supply us with some more details please? Their address, website and 0870 number might be a good place to start.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:40pm

http://www.bitsandpiecesuk.com/

For Customer Service, please call us on 0871 989 7962.

I managed to get access to an "office" phone yesterday afternoon, called the number and there was a lot of pre-recorded announcements, only to end up finding that the office closed 5 minutes earlier.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:54pm

Why is this not surprising? An American company it seems - have a 1-800 number for their USA operations, and an 0871 over here!

What was the number of the "office" phone you found?

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2007 at 11:57pm

Sorry, we are slightly at cross-purposes!   The "office phone", is one that I could use for ringing out to an 0870 number.  For obvious reasons I don't want to use my home phone, particularly if there is a recorded announcement you have to listen through.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:01am

Oh sorry! I thought you meant you had found an office phone number for them.

Hmm... did the precall announcements sound American because if they did, then it is likely their calls go abroad...

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:06am

Don't recall.  I had one lot of announcements, then a "live" Englishman who said he was going to transfer me to Customer Services (didn't say that they were closed), and then the recorded announcement started again, which included the time CS were open until (5 mins before I rang!). It was annoying that I had to listen to them twice.

I rang off, on the basis that the department I wanted, nobody was going to be there.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 12:11am

The 0871 number is owned by Thus plc. There are a few ranges in Manchester owned by Thus, but that doesn't necessarily mean their number is in those ranges.

Have you tried emailing their American arm to see if they will give you the number? They won't be able to ring the 0871 number so might be willing to give you an alternative....

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 9:57am

Sorry for the late response (bed called !!!).  I will try that.   Needless to say there is still no e-mail from them this morning.  I wonder if they even bother to monitor their e-mail box.  Thought would be to keep "plaguing" them with e-mails until they respond ... alternatively they may put a filter in for me, and delete!!!

I will try the American arm, but I don't hold out much hope there.

(Out till later this evening).

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #9 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:11am

Tried their 0871 number again  yesterday (not from my phone!).   After getting the "calls may be recorded and if you don't want details passed to a third party ..." message, you get the ringing tone.

After a while another recorded message, "our office hours .... and sorry to keep you waiting ... your call is important .."
I sat there for almost 10 minutes with  no reply.   

Maybe if our calls are so  important, they would employ staff that can answer the phone  !

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #10 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:13am

Did you have any luck with their American arm? Sounds like their UK arm is a complete shambles, and their 0871 number is there merely to make money from you...

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #11 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:16am

Oh, I'm also of the opinion that if a company has an NGN, and they can't be bothered to answer it within a reasonable time (about 2-5 minutes) then they aren't worth dealing with.

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #12 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:21am

I must admit I didn't try their American office.  What is NGN ?

I have just received an e-mail from them this morning saying that the product I ordered has been discontinued (they promised it would be back in stock today).  Great.   I am sending them a rude e-mail back, complaining about their 0871 number, and incorrect  information.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #13 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 12:57pm

NGN = Non Geographic Number. Like I said, if they can't be bothered to answer the phone promptly, and they insist on using an NGN, then they aren't worth your custom. Especially now since they've "discontinued" your product.

IP Logged

horace4831

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 8:43pm

Hi Guys,

Possibly not strictly on-topic, I know but I hope you will thank me for the warning!
I ordered (most of my) Christmas presents from www.bitsandpiecesuk.com and paid them over £170.00
via Debit card online.Nothing has arrived to date, nor will it, apparently- after sending their Customer "Service" Dept  twenty or so emails, and receiving not one reply,(apart from a confirmation email which contained no order number or referece number!) I too reluctantly HAD to phone
their 0871 989 7962 line and was told that their "dispatch company " had gone into liquidation and that I
would receive a full refund. No apology, no email again, no phone call. Rang back a week later and spoke to another employee who did not know the name of the company that had gone bust,  was not interested in looking up my file and was generally unhelpful and unknowledgeable, possibly evasive, too.
Awaiting reply from Manchester City Council trading Standards at present. An internet search of their parent company, www.bitsandpieces.com revealed a string of similar events and complaints. I too, have spent many hours looking for a geographic number for this outfit, but without success.
Hoping this advice reaches you in time, sincerely.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge