Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wandsworth parking (Read 3,653 times)
Keith

Surrey
Wandsworth parking
Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:03pm

You can (for a small fee and for your convenience) pay to park by phone. You can still pay using the meter (so not forced into it).

The number is an 0871 number. The information on the web site (of the provider of the service, not the council) says there are no call charges, any charges are dependent upon your mobile provider. To activate your parking will be a call of about 40 sec and to deactivate will be call of about 15 sec. The cost will be about 15p.

Surely this is factually inaccurate. The 'no call charges' I assume is referring to the fact that they don't generate revenue from this (as they clearly admit you will have to pay for the call and estimate how much [15p]) but surely they do get revenue from an 0871 number?

I also do not believe that 2 calls from a mobile of 40 and 15 sec respectively will only cost on average 15p.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Re: Wandsworth parking
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:32pm

The 0871 numbers are charged at the maximum 10p a minute. The 0870 number will be charged at whatever 0870 numbers are charged at these days.

However, from mobiles, it will cost up to 35p per minute, so it is probably going to cost 70p to activate and deactivate. Personally, I'd prefer to find the ticket machine...

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Re: Wandsworth parking
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:47pm

In principle I think this is a good scheme. You are not prevented from getting a ticket and paying cash if you wish and you don't pay for parking that you don't use and you don't have to rush back if you are delayed and haven't paid enough.

However it is spoilt by the use of 0871 and the fact that the information provided regarding the cost is completely inaccurate.

As it is there is a fee for using this scheme (which is fair enough). If a geo number was used the cost of the calls would be low for the parkers (mobile users) and the pricing information would be accurate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge