Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
0844 7360250 Goldsborough Homecare Out Of Hours (Read 7,690 times)
mattross

0844 7360250 Goldsborough Homecare Out Of Hours
Jan 5th, 2008 at 11:31am

Can anyone identify the geographical number for this 0844 number please?

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Re: 0844 7360250 Goldsborough Homecare Out Of Hour
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 11:35am

Since I can't find anything on the Goldsborough Home Care website (http://www.goldsborough-home-care.co.uk/) relating to this number, you will need to be more specific about where you have obtained it from. Please read the guide and provide more information.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

mattross

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 11:52am

What I know is that it is an out of office hours 'emergency' number given out to clients of, and carers who work for, Goldsborough. As far as I know it covers the whole country. Beyond that I don't really know any more such as where it's located.

I knew it was a long shot trying to find an alternative anyway, I just hoped someone else had already stumbled across it at some point.

Thanks.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 12:08pm

Well, it hasn't been submitted to the database, or asked about on the forum before. The only thing I can suggest is to get in contact with Goldsborough and ask them for an alternative number.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 1:18pm

Numbers on this site are found, more often than not, by detective work by someone who knows little or nothing about the company.

The first question I ask is where are they based? I note that the contact page gives a string of local offices, none of which appear to be identified as head office. Do you not have the address of the head office in some paperwork?

The first thing I did was Google the 0844 number with spaces in various places (and in quotes):

• "0844 7360250" gives only one result and it is on the Goldsborough website which is an advert for a job in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. See here. There is a contact name, Joan King, by the 0844 number.
  • "08447 360250" is shown on a page on Hertfordshire County Council's website which lists homecare providers. See here. Goldsborough has three entries (addresses) shown and some have 0844 numbers in the form 0844 736025x, so perhaps there are others.

Whois goldsborough-home-care.co.uk (that's a lookup of registration information for that internet address) reveals:

Quote:
Domain name:
        goldsborough-home-care.co.uk

Registrant:
        British Nursing Association

Registrant type:
        Unknown

Registrant's address:
        The Colonades
        Beaconsfield Close
        Hatfield
        Herts
        AL10 8YD

A search of BT Phone Book for nursing at AL10 8YD reveals:

Quote:
BNA (British Nursing Association) 24 Hour Nursing & Home Care
Head Office & Hatfield
Tel: (01707) 263544
The Colonnades Beaconsfield Clo, Hatfield, AL10 8YD

A search of BT Phone Book for goldsborough at AL10 8YD reveals an entry at the same address and same telephone number:

Quote:
Goldsborough Homecare Head Office
Head Office & Hatfield
Tel: (01707) 263544
The Colonnades Beaconsfield Clo, Hatfield, AL10 8YD

Where abouts in the country are you? Hertfordshire?

If you do use this number, I suggest you have the 0844 number aswell as it cannot be guaranteed that the 01707 number will be answered. It may be that the 0844 goes elsewhere or is directed to different places at different times.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2008 at 1:20pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

mattross

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2008 at 8:43pm

Thank you for putting in the effort to find this out for me. I will try the phone numbers tomorrow.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 8:44am

The brochure on the goldsborough website says they are part of Nestor Healthcare Group plc.  Their website has some geographic contact contact details on it: http://www.nestor-healthcare.co.uk/contact.asp

(I used to do some work for Goldsborough, when they were based near Leeds, but then they were bought by BUPA, and it looks like they may have changed hands again from the above!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge