Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
text to a landline from 0845 6021111 (Read 35,864 times)
redant

text to a landline from 0845 6021111
May 3rd, 2008 at 2:49pm

Have received two texts messages today to my landline purporting to have come from BT and eminated from no 07733030***; I did not respond of course.  A 1471 enquiry gives the number sending the text as 0845 6021111, (not sure why they don't withhold this number!) which when googled comes up with a few interesting comments on the "who called me" site.  One is that the recipient has been caught using a mobile phone and has been reported, and advises to phone a number to obtain more details. Obviously a scam and would like to share with site members, any comments or information would be appreciated.  Will report to TPS but won't hold my breath that they will help, last time I complained they were totally useless. 

~ Edited by Dave: Telephone number ***ed out
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2008 at 6:52pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

oldharryrocks

Re: text to a landline from 0845 6021111
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2008 at 6:40pm

redant wrote on May 3rd, 2008 at 2:49pm:
Obviously a scam   

No its not. The number in question is the BT Text Messaging Number you call to retrieve your messages,that someone has sent from a mobile to your landline.When you call it the message is read to you in a robotic voice.

I quote from the BT site sorry i cant post the link properly.

"How do I pick up messages with BT Text?

It depends on whether you receive text or voice messages and if you have an answer machine or answer service.

If you receive text messages they will be sent to your text compatible phone for you to pick up and save if required.

If you receive spoken text messages and have an answer phone or answering service, you can pick them up and save them just like a normal text message.

If you receive spoken text messages but don't have an answer phone or answering service, just call Text store on 0845 602 1111 to pick up messages. Please note that messages are only saved here for 24 hours. "

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2008 at 6:50pm by oldharryrocks »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2008 at 6:55pm

I've blanked the number out because it's someone's mobile number. Do you not recognise it? Perhaps someone has typed a wrong number.

You can stop your BT landline from receiving SMS messages by calling 0800 587 5252 to opt out.

IP Logged

redant

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2008 at 9:40pm

Many thanks "old harry rocks" for advice re text service-I was aware it eminated from BT but not how it worked.  Thanks Dave for hiding text number-however it is definately not a number I know so will assume it is a wrong number and not a scam.  However there does seem to be many scams which use 0845602111 as evidenced from [url][/url]www.whocallsme.co.uk and I notice another thread was started on this subject by Tanllan on July 11th 2005.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge