<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
weird call (Read 5,571 times)
reggie

weird call
Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:08pm

My phone (BT landline) just rang, I picked up receiver  no  :exclamationone there but music playing. The phone remained blocked for 15-20 minutes  same music. Finally the line was cleared and I dialled 1471 and was given the following number 0208 1809293. I dialled this number and received the following message  dial the number you require followed by the # key.
Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: weird call
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:07pm

A Google search suggests it's one of Betamax's access numbers - but I can't ascertain which of their companies it is.

As my geographical calls are free at weekends, I used it to dial my second line - my second line rang immediately but, when I answered it, all I heard was the usual dial tone.  I'll be checking my 1899, 18866 and 18185 bills to see whether the call shows up on one of them.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:12pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

reggie

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:01pm

I think I've got to the bottom of it. I signed up to nonoh.net last week on the recommendation of a friend who has been using it satisfactorily for some time. I paid my 10 Euros for 120 free days made a few free calls and also a couple of paid calls (very reasonable) thereafter suddenly I noticed that I was being charged for local calls( supposedly free) I sent them an email on Thursday but no reply. on Friday, & I tried to access again but found I was still being charged,I put in a number to call but as soon as I saw that there was a charge I disconnected before the ring back. Yesterday some few minutes after disconnecting I got the call I mentioned. Today I tried again same result but they disconnected sooner.I looked at recent calls and saw that I was charged 20 for a 10 minute callyesterday
Can you tell me more about this Betamax group  I need to get in touch with someone there to stop this blatant fraud!

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 1:46pm

How much have you used it?  There terms seem a bit restrictive on th free calls:

http://www.nonoh.net/en/free.html
Quote:
New users can try Nonoh out for free for a total of 60 minutes. During this trial period you can only call the destinations marked as free. Register your account by buying credit in order to extend your free calls.

Registered users get max 200 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address. Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is exceeded the normal rates apply. During your Freedays you can call all destinations listed as "Free" for free. When you have run out of Freedays, the normal rates apply. You can get new Freedays by buying credit.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 4:50pm

haven't used it very much perhaps half a dozen short calls. I'm not a great teleephone talker also used about 25 cents on paid calls.

IP Logged

reggie

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:39pm

My free calls came back on on Monday and since then I have made a total of 110 minutes of calls suddenly this evening there are no more free calls ! Does anyone else have any experience of Nonoh ? I sent 2 emails one last Friday and another on Monday but other than an automatic acknowledgement no response whatsoever. It is all very frustrating.I can't even gt on to the home page to look at the FAQs  don't know why. Everything else seems to be working normally !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge