Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Employment Tribunals Service (Read 21,390 times)
derrick
Supreme Member

Employment Tribunals Service
Aug 15th, 2008 at 4:19pm

I have just started a complaint/request re the ETS stating on their website; -

http://www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk/general/contact_us.htm#1 ; that; -

Phone: +44 (0)845 795 9775 Minicom: +44 (0)845 757 3722 All calls are charged at local rate.

I have received a reply saying; -

"This is to thank you for bringing to our attention the references to the Employment Tribunals enquiry line number 0845 7959775 stating that calls are charged at local rate.  Your complaint is currently being investigated and you will be provided with a full explanation on conclusion of the investigation."

I have also asked for the geo number via the FOI 2000

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Employment Tribunals Service
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:07pm

After acknowledging his e-mail and again requesting the geo number, I have just received this response; -

"Further to your email, the underlying geographical number for 0845 795 9775 is 01284 701284."

So if it is not already there, this number can be added to the database.

There is one number in the data base and that is for Cardiff venue, there are others relating to different venues on the page linked to in the OP, but are for specific requests for those venues, the number I have obtained is for the public enquiry line.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:14pm by derrick »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:17pm

derrick wrote on Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:07pm:
After acknowledging his e-mail and again requesting the geo number, I have just received this response; -

"Further to your email, the underlying geographical number for 0845 795 9775 is 01284 701284."

So if it is not already there, this number can be added to the database.

There is one number in the data base and that is for Cardiff venue, there are others relating to different venues on the page linked to in the OP, but are for specific requests for those venues, the number I have obtained is for the public enquiry line.

I have now removed the Cardiff one and replaced it with the "Enquiry Line" one. The link to the page giving offices' direct numbers still remains.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 5:26pm

Has anyone yet managed to obtain a geo number for ACAS? NGN 08457 474747

More info on this thread; - http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1126521426/5#5

Maybe an FOI request might obtain the geo number?

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Information Tribunal Joins 0845 Gravy Train
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 7:46pm

Derrick I hate to point this out but I see that the Information Tribunal is now listing an 0845 number as its main point of contact.

Has this changed since we were dealing with them over NHS Direct?  It surely is the final insult that the tribunal service through whom we were complaining about NHS Direct is now itself using an 0845 number itself.  I cannot see you and loddon having let this go or not having made a big point of this at the Tribunal hearing if they had been using an 0845 number themselves at that stage?

I am sure you will now no doubt enjoy subjecting them to the third degree regarding the processes by which they have come to start using an 0845 number despite the advice of the COI and Sir David Varney. Shocked Angry Cry

Oddly enough the Lands Tribunal who I am still dealing with over the service charge dispute on my apartment continue to use an 020 London number.  See www.landstribunal.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm ; Yet they are all supposed to be part of the same Tribunals Service at www.tribunals.gov.uk ;  Also the Contact Us number at www.tribunals.gov.uk/contactus.aspx is an 020 number and not an 0845 number.  You might like to try putting all these points to the Employment and Information Tribunals re their 0845 number.

You might also like to refer them to the Department of Constitutional Affairs March 2001 document - Tribunals For Users, One System, One Service.  It seems that it clearly is not One System and One Service when they can't even ensure any consistency in the type of phone numbers used to contact them. Shocked Angry
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008 at 9:20pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:12pm

Derrick,

Out of the 25 Tribunals that fall under the umbrella of the government's Tribunals Service at www.tribunals.gov.uk you might like to note the following other Tribunals that are using 0845 or 0870.

These are as follows:-

The Charity Tribunal (0845)

See www.charity.tribunals.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm

Gambling Appeals Tribunal (0845)

See www.gamblingappealstribunal.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm

Gender Recognition Panel (0845)

See www.grp.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm

Mental Health Tribunal (0845)

See www.mhrt.org.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm

Proscribed Organisations Appeal Commission (0845)

See www.siac.tribunals.gov.uk/poac/GenericPages/contactus.htm

Special Education Needs and Disability Tribunal (0870)

See www.sendist.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactUs.htm

Special Immigration Appeals Commission (0845)

See www.siac.tribunals.gov.uk/GenericPages/contactus.htm

So 9 out of 25 Tribunals in the government's tribunals service use 0845 or 0870 phone numbers instead of geographic phone numbers.  So clearly their aim to ensure consistency in the Tribunals Service experience is going nowhere fast. Angry
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008 at 9:22pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:54am

The ICO did change their number whilst we were going through the channels, I have a letter from them dated 05-03-07 which has the geo number 01625 545700,the next letter,(and subsequent ones), dated 09-08-07 has the 0845 630 6060, although the geo number does still work, and their fax number remains the same geo number; - 01625 524510.

I do seem to remember having a phone conversation when I mentioned the change to 0845, but that was only on the phone and I cannot remember the detail of that call, the geo number is in our database.

If I get time I might email them re the 0845 number.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:55am by derrick »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 1:34pm

derrick wrote on Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:54am:
If I get time I might email them re the 0845 number.

I'm thinking along the lines of one near identical email to all these Tribunals but just sent individually to each one and not making it look as though it is a campaign or petition letter to the whole lot of them.

Along with the Ombudsman services these are very good people to target over their failure to either use 01/02 or 03 as in the line of work they are in they really don't have a leg to stand on about using revenue sharing numbers against the advice of the COI, Ofcom and Sir David Varney.

They also tend to investigate complaints properly and each of them will go back to Ofcom for advice thus further putting pressure on Ofcom to do more publicity to these organisations about the use of 084/7 being inappropriate and the need to switch to 03.

<div style=

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:59pm

Looks like they must be doing something about the website, because when you click on the link in my OP it now says; - "Service Unavailable"

Even Googling employment tribunal brings up  "Service Unavailable" for every service!
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:02pm by derrick »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:06pm

derrick wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:59pm:
Looks like they must be doing something about the website, because when you click on the link in my OP it now says; - "Service Unavailable"

Even Googling employment tribunal brings up  "Service Unavailable" for every service!

On the other hand it could just be that due to the August summer holidays they didn't have anyone around who knew how to fix a broken website today. Wink

<div style=

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 1:33pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:06pm:
derrick wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:59pm:

On the other hand it could just be that due to the August summer holidays they didn't have anyone around who knew how to fix a broken website today. Wink

You could be right, as it is now back up, but still stating; - " Phone: +44 (0)845 795 9775 Minicom: +44 (0)845 757 3722 All calls are charged at local rate. "

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 4:20pm

Re my reply #1 above,  I have received the following e-mail from the employment tribunal; -

Further to the email sent to you by Mr Edwards in response to your enquiry about the local telephone number for the Employment Tribunal Enquiry Line.    I misread the telephone number from our list before giving the number to Mr Edwards.  Please accept my apologies for this and any inconvenience caused by my mistake.

The correct number is 01284 762279

Yours sincerely

Chris Kerry

So could someone correct the details?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 4:27pm

derrick wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 4:20pm:

I've updated the entry.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:52pm

Re my reply #1 above,  I have received the following e-mail from the employment tribunal; -

Further to the email sent to you by Mr Edwards in response to your enquiry about the local telephone number for the Employment Tribunal Enquiry Line.    I misread the telephone number from our list before giving the number to Mr Edwards.  Please accept my apologies for this and any inconvenience caused by my mistake.

Yours sincerely

Chris Kerry

There's more to that than he's letting on.  After nearly a month, he mysteriously realises his 'misreading' error (allegedly having read 01284 762279 as 01284 701284)?  Difficult do that, the numbers aren't even similar.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:53pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 2:14pm

Heinz wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:52pm:
Re my reply #1 above,  I have received the following e-mail from the employment tribunal; -

Further to the email sent to you by Mr Edwards in response to your enquiry about the local telephone number for the Employment Tribunal Enquiry Line.    I misread the telephone number from our list before giving the number to Mr Edwards.  Please accept my apologies for this and any inconvenience caused by my mistake.

Yours sincerely

Chris Kerry

There's more to that than he's letting on.  After nearly a month, he mysteriously realises his 'misreading' error (allegedly having read 01284 762279 as 01284 701284)?  Difficult do that, the numbers aren't even similar.

Knowing that it is a weekend and no one is going to answer, I just tried the numbers.

01284 701284 just keeps ringing without any form of answer.

01284 762279, has an answerphone message;  - Thank you for calling the Employment Tribunal Enquiry Line, our office hours are Mon-Fri 9-5, please call again during those hours.

Then some more about the web site, so looks like the amended number is the correct one.

At least they supplied it without much trouble.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2008 at 2:15pm by derrick »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge