Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The website (Read 6,223 times)
nottRobin

Nottingham, UK
The website
Jan 22nd, 2009 at 4:01pm

Hi guys.

I only just joined the forum so I realise I'm being a little presumptuous, but I'm gonna plough ahead anyway:

I was wondering, is anyone planning on developing this site at all? Because I love it, I use it all the time, but let's be honest, it looks seriously archaic.

I don't mind getting involved. I know about XHTML, CSS and RSS standards, I'm really quite familiar with WAI-AAA principles and I know a fair bit about designing for usability. My back-end development experience is mainly in Perl, but I'm sure I could handle some PHP or Java.

I had an idea that we could do with some sort of user-rating system for the validity of a phone number. Because there are many "verified" numbers that don't work, and unverified ones that do. So if we had some sort of system, like "what the last 10 people thought of this number" or something, that would be good.

Let me know what you guys think.

Robin.

IP Logged

mrs_andrews
Ex Member

Re: The website
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:28am

hi - i'm new too -just a shame no-one has responded to you..... Undecided

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:44am

So join a forum with a daft 1950s type user name (no one calls themselves mrs so and so in an internet forum apart from you) and then start slagging the whole place off immediately. Wonderful! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2009 at 6:19pm by DaveM »  

<div style=

IP Logged

mrs_andrews
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:00am

why are you being so aggressive - none of my posts have been submitted in anything but the spirit of enquiry

why shouldn't i use any name i want?  i'm married and delighted to have adopted my husband's name.  in my circle of friends and acquaintances, all those who are married use mrs - they are not ashamed of using that title

why are you so angry?

you are dearly loved, precious in the sight of the Lord God who longs to hear from you.

NGMsGhost - you'll be in my prayers.

Good bye and God bless!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:17am

Quote:
why are you being so aggressive - none of my posts have been submitted in anything but the spirit of enquiry

Your opening posts have directly criticised how the site works and tried to tell us longstanding members how we should be campaigning.  Pretty contentious I would have said.

Quote:
why shouldn't i use any name i want?  i'm married and delighted to have adopted my husband's name.  in my circle of friends and acquaintances, all those who are married use mrs - they are not ashamed of using that title

You may well be delighted to have your husband's name but here you are clearly representing yourself.  I am 46 and you are 52 but your attitude to surname use and name conventions sounds like that of someone at least 20 years older.

Have you not noticed how most women who have careers are just referred to by first name and last name and how New Labour and the EU desperately wants to replace Mrs and Miss with only Ms.  Of course you may well be some huge throwback to the past but then what on earth are you doing making lots of posts in an internet forum on a Saturday morning rather than polishing the silver or arranging the flowers or baking cakes as a dutiful old style wife of your sort clearly ought to be doing on a Saturday morning. Wink Roll Eyes

Quote:
you are dearly loved, precious in the sight of the Lord God who longs to hear from you.

I'm sure there's a Christian Union forum somewhere where those kind of comments might well be appropriate.

Don't you understand that a deepseated sense of righteous anger is actually a key motivation in becoming an active 084/7 number campaigner?  Those of a placid nature surely just accept 084/7 numbers as something god has chosen to bestow upon us?  Whereas I prefer to see them as the work of Satan.  WinkSmiley

Also the majority of new forum members have not set me off in the way your posts have so I fear it must be something about the nature of the posts you have made.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:19am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge