Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dumfries & Galloway Council goes 03 (Read 7,035 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Dumfries & Galloway Council goes 03
Apr 11th, 2009 at 12:59pm

Dumfries and Galloway Council is the first Scottish council I'm aware of that has gone 03. In fact, there are many 0845 numbers in use in Scotland. Tayside Police has now moved to a 0300 number.

http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4179

Need to phone the Council?

The Council have launched a new phone number! 030 33 33 3000 will be the number to use if you want to contact the Council. A new state-of-the-art call centre has also been set up to answer calls made to the new 030 number.

If you have ever tried phoning the Council, you will know that it could be a frustrating experience. There were loads of numbers and you could be passed from person to person.  However this will all change; there is now just one number you need to know and staff at the new call centre have undergone training to try to deal with your call without passing you round the Council.

Another huge benefit is that all your enquiries will be logged on a new computer system and can then be accessed by trained staff from all over the Council.  So if you report a pot hole by phoning the new number, you can then drop into a customer service centre a few days later and staff there can access the system and give an update.

If you phone one of the older Council numbers, your call will still be answered and chances are you will be automatically transferred to the call centre.  Calls to 030 numbers cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers and there is an advantage that 030 numbers are included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2009 at 12:59pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Dumfries & Galloway Council goes 03
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:05pm

Source: Dumfries & Galloway Standard

http://www.dgstandard.co.uk/dumfries-news/local-news-dumfries/local-news-dumfrie...

<<
Drugs agency boss hits out at council phone call charges

Dec 11 2009 by Craig Robertson, Dumfries Standard Friday

A DRUGS agency boss claims he’s been left out of pocket by council phone call charges.

David Grieve, who runs Over-Count, says since the authority changed to a new phone number, his bills have rocketed by 400 per cent.

Last August officials set up 030 33 33 3000 which takes callers through to a call centre at the Crichton where calls are redirected.

It replaced the old 01387 number but Mr Grieve insists it is more expensive.

His agency supports people who are addicted to prescription drugs.

Mr Grieve said: “Because of running Over-Count, I phone various council departments quite a lot, but it was only recently that I noticed that my cost of calls to the council had dramatically increased by over 400 per cent.

“I used to be able to phone the old 260000 number on my BT Option 2, as a local call rate, for just 1p a minute daytime rate, but as the new 03 phone number is rated as a National Geographic Call Rate, I am now having to pay 4.4p per minute, just like the rest of the local population.

“A recent phone call lasting just 11 minutes, cost almost 50p to make, where in the past, it would have cost me just 11p.”

[…]

>>

To read the full report, follow the link.

This is total and utter nonsense. The daytime rate on BT "Option 2" (the Evening & Weekend Plan) is 5.25pence per minute and this applies whether it be a 0300, 01387 or any other number beginning 01, 02 or 03.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:07pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:22pm

Could he be on a business tariff? Still, 03 calls are supposed to be treated the same as 01 or 02. It need only cost 5p per call to an 03 number if you use 18185.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 9:55am

Surely if the majority of his calls are to this number, which I presume they are if he's making such a fuss over their costs, then he's making them in the daytime.  In which case why on earth is he on "Option 2" anyway, which used to be an evening and weekend package? 

It's total carp anyway.  With the constant tinkering BT keep doing to their call costs, nobody, personal or business, should be paying more than a fixed amount a month for a suitable package that covers the majority, if not all, of their calls.

It sounds to me, especially given the reference to "Option 2", that he's not looked at his 'phone bill for years, has finally done so, and been shocked ti find that his calls package is no longer suitable for his call patterns.  Unfortunately the council gets the blame, and probably only because that's whom he calls most.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge