Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HM Revenue & Customs 0845 (Read 7,405 times)
Bevotron

HM Revenue & Customs 0845
Apr 16th, 2009 at 9:34pm

HM Revenue & Customs send self assessment forms & notices giving various 0845 numbers to call. My experience is that they are very long winded going through various number options before leaving you hanging on for an operator that never picks the call up, or you get referred to the web site & then cut off.
There is no email address to contact from the web site as an alternative to using the phone - why? The only last resort is to send a letter - often for a simple point that could be sorted in moments, but are left waiting for mail turn round due to the poor telephone service. Surely an email enquiry service would get round this issue? Any other similar experiences with HM Revenue & Customs?

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Re: HM Revenue & Customs 0845
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 11:04am

Bevotron wrote on Apr 16th, 2009 at 9:34pm:
HM Revenue & Customs send self assessment forms & notices giving various 0845 numbers to call. My experience is that they are very long winded going through various number options before leaving you hanging on for an operator that never picks the call up, or you get referred to the web site & then cut off.
There is no email address to contact from the web site as an alternative to using the phone - why? The only last resort is to send a letter - often for a simple point that could be sorted in moments, but are left waiting for mail turn round due to the poor telephone service. Surely an email enquiry service would get round this issue? Any other similar experiences with HM Revenue & Customs?

On the rare occasions I have had to call the, (on a geo number), I have got through pretty quickly and been dealt with well.

There are plenty of geo numbers in the database, just type, hmrc into the Company Name box.
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: HM Revenue & Customs 0845
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 5:39pm

Bevotron wrote on Apr 16th, 2009 at 9:34pm:

If you file your Self Assessment return online then log in to your account and you will find that HMRC claim to offer an online messaging service, except that guess what - unlike filing your tax return the service just happens to currently be "temporarily unavailable".  I wonder why - perhaps they found it was depriving them of 0845 phone number call income. Wink Roll Eyes

These previous threads may help with finding phone number alternatives:-

www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1232542577/0#0

and

www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1226330100/8#8

HMRC were supposed to publish a list of international phone number alternatives at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/international-numbers.htm according to www.tax.org.uk/showarticle.pl?id=4523;n=367

Except that guess what - that URL no longer exists on the HMRC website.

You might care to try and report this technical failure to HMRC at:-  www.hmrc.gov.uk/comment/broken-links-feedback-1.htm

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge