<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
benefits agency(s) (Read 6,347 times)
kat

benefits agency(s)
May 8th, 2009 at 6:36pm

I am really frustrated by the benefits agency and their use of 089 numbers..they say they are cheaper,but i went to a BT phone box to call them and £1 was gone within 2 minutes.
Typically,those 2 minutes were spent on hold,listening to music.
Whenever I call them,I spend at least 5-10minutes on hold,which can work out very expensive.And remember,these are the people who are worst off amongst society that need to contact these services.
My own experience is in contacting Wolverhampton Benefits agency.I cannot comment on whether other areas are the same,but unless told otherwise I shall assume they are.
It would be fantastic if someone could provide an alternative or geographical number for them,PLEASE.
kat. Angry

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: benefits agency(s)
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Kat

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum.

It would be very helpful to have a little more information about which agency in particular you are concerned about - what is the actual number you were calling?

IP Logged

Clauida

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2009 at 4:47pm

I have been trying for over 3 weeks to speak to someone in the Employment and support agency they keep saying someone will call back guess what no calls . This is a 0845 number and it costs me over £1 every time I call think it is too much I have un limited calls with virgin phone lines but these do not cover 0845 or 0870 numbers cannot find an alt number on this site. Any one have any comments on this

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Clauida wrote on May 13th, 2009 at 4:47pm:
I have been trying for over 3 weeks to speak to someone in the Employment and support agency they keep saying someone will call back guess what no calls . This is a 0845 number and it costs me over £1 every time I call think it is too much I have un limited calls with virgin phone lines but these do not cover 0845 or 0870 numbers cannot find an alt number on this site. Any one have any comments on this

As it's a public service, I suggest you raise this with your MP.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge