Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Currys Customer Services (Read 113,751 times)
abprops

Currys Customer Services
Jun 28th, 2009 at 12:37pm

An alternative number for Currys Customer Sevices would be appreciated.  The number I have been given is: 0844 561 1234.  

I have tried the request an alternative number option and google with no success.  I have also read the instructions before posting and believe that I have done as requested.  

I obtained an unverified number for Currys in Sunderland 0191 510 8440.  This number proved to be correct and the person I spoke to provided the number for Currys Super Store in St Catherines Retail Park Perth Scotlnd.  01738 492171 which has proven to be correct.  I have provided the information by adding the Perth number. Smiley

A great service thanks very much to all concerned. Kiss  Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Currys. Angry
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2009 at 2:34pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Currys Customer Services
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 4:01pm

abprops wrote on Jun 28th, 2009 at 12:37pm:
An alternative number for Currys Customer Sevices would be appreciated.  The number I have been given is: 0844 561 1234.

Customer services for Currys is 0500 304304. It is listed alongside the 0844 561 6263 number which is given as contact for all stores. Try it and let me know how you get on. I can add the 0844 number you've given to the entry for it if it is a suitable alternative.

abprops wrote on Jun 28th, 2009 at 12:37pm:
I obtained an unverified number for Currys in Sunderland 0191 510 8440.  This number proved to be correct and the person I spoke to provided the number for Currys Super Store in St Catherines Retail Park Perth Scotlnd.  01738 492171 which has proven to be correct.  I have provided the information by adding the Perth number. Smiley

Thanks, I've listed these numbers as verified. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2009 at 4:01pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Currys (electrical goods retailer)
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 2:57pm

Can anyone help me with a telephone number for Curry's Customer Support - we have a faulty camera (second Samsumg to develop the same fault) & we are on the borderline for the guarantee.   The number I have is 0844 561 6263, the address for complaints is Curry's, PO Box 1684, Sheffield, S2 5YA.

I have checked the datbase here but there is nothing, just an unverified number for a store, I couldn't find anything useful on their website.

[For those who use this site & think it is OK for businesses to use NGNs (even if they accept it is wrong for the public sector) here is an example of why it is wrong for ANYONE to use NGNs - why should it now cost me an expensive phone call because they have sold me faulty goods twice???!!!]
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:39pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Re: Curry's (electrical goods retailer)
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:08pm

PS  An update.   I thought I would try the 0844 no given on the receipt for our local store where the camera was bought without realising this is not for the store but a central number with four separate menus before they tell you they are only open Monday to Friday (what a cynical rip off is that??)

I then tried the unverified number in the database (01865 203801) for the store in Oxford and can confirm this does work so should be moved to the verified list.   Unfortunately, they were unable to offer any advice & said I would need to speak to someone on the main number but they are not open until Monday.  I really would appreciate a geographical alternative for that 0855 5616263.  Thank you.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Further update.   I remembered I had a very old telephone directory (kept because it largely predates the epidemic of ngns & sometimes the old numbers still work).  I looked under Dixons (who of course were what are now Curry's) and found the Saffron Walden store number of: 01799 513464; I tried this and it does work so can be added to the verified database.   Unfortunately, they still cannot help, apparently I need to contact Samsung.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Barbara wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 at 2:57pm:
I have checked the datbase here but there is nothing, just an unverified number for a store, I couldn't find anything useful on their website.

The reason I think you found only the entry for one of the Oxford branches was because you searched for
curry's
with an apostrophe. It came up because it had been submitted like that.

I avoid apostrophes in the database because, whilst they can be submitted through the add form, they cause problems with the admin. I dislike dropping them where they are required in English, or putting them where they shouldn't be, but that's the database.

In any case, Currys is "Currys" with no apostrophe.

Barbara wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:08pm:
PS  An update.   I thought I would try the 0844 no given on the receipt for our local store where the camera was bought without realising this is not for the store but a central number with four separate menus before they tell you they are only open Monday to Friday (what a cynical rip off is that??)

Currys used to have a different 0870 number for each branch but went over to a single 0844 number for all branches. Although I can't say either way, that's not to say that the 0870 numbers didn't all route to a call centre.

I then tried the unverified number in the database (01865 203801) for the store in Oxford and can confirm this does work so should be moved to the verified list. …

I have now listed the entry for this Oxford branch as verified and amended its company name.

… Unfortunately, they were unable to offer any advice & said I would need to speak to someone on the main number but they are not open until Monday.  I really would appreciate a geographical alternative for that 0855 5616263.  Thank you.

There are numerous entries for Currys, most of which are for stores.

The first entry gives 0870 154 5570 which has the same IVR (menu) as 0844 561 6263 and is suitable if your telephone provider does not charge extra for 0870 numbers. 0500 304304 is also given, although it is answered with a different IVR, but may get you to the same place.

Barbara wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:27pm:
Further update.   I remembered I had a very old telephone directory (kept because it largely predates the epidemic of ngns & sometimes the old numbers still work).  I looked under Dixons (who of course were what are now Curry's) and found the Saffron Walden store number of: 01799 513464; I tried this and it does work so can be added to the verified database. …

I have listed this number as verified for the Saffron Walden branch. It is listed on BT Phonebook as well.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 5:28pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:34pm

Barbara wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 at 3:27pm:
Further update.   I remembered I had a very old telephone directory (kept because it largely predates the epidemic of ngns & sometimes the old numbers still work).  I looked under Dixons (who of course were what are now Curry's) and found the Saffron Walden store number of: 01799 513464; I tried this and it does work so can be added to the verified database.   Unfortunately, they still cannot help, apparently I need to contact Samsung.

They are totally wrong, your contract under SoGA is with them not the manufacturer!  Currys. as usual are trying to pass the buck, I suggest you get back on to them, quoting the law not their T&CS, and also inform Trading Standards that Currys are denying you your statutory rights.

See BEER Q6

See Consumer Direct; -

See PART 5A, ADDITIONAL RIGHTS OF BUYER IN CONSUMER CASES section 48, from the Sale of Goods Act

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 5:26pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Currys (electrical goods retailer)
Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:36pm

derrick wrote on Sep 5th, 2009 at 4:34pm:
They are totally wrong, your contract under SoGA is with them not the manufacturer! …

That's a good point Derrick.

Barbara, what is the nature of the problem?
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009 at 5:25pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 2:12pm

Thanks, Derrick & Dave.   After the posts about the Currys no when I spoke to the SW branch again and told them we had found the paper stating it was a two year warranty, they still said I needed to contact Samsumg (the two year warranty was a manufacturers' warranty), we had been borderline on the one year warranty as the camera was bought by us on 2/9/08, given to our son on 5/9/08 as a birthday present and went wrong in August while we were on holiday.   Our son waited for us to return as we had the receipt & it had been bought on our credit card, the store staff wouldn't budge on the date & said nor would Currys HO.

However, I did then try the Samsung number and they couldn't have been more helpful.  They immediately took details of the camera & the problem, confirmed it is under warranty, & have arranged for a prepaid envelope to be sent to send the camera to their repair people (it will be by recorded/registered post and fully insured) who will repair it & return it within 10-15 days.

I do accept about the SoGA but Currys seem such a useless bunch we could have been fighting the battle for weeks & still have had to go to Samsung or Trading Standards and, as I think I'm going to have a similar battle over a washing machine, there re only so many you can fight at a time.   I felt one of the worst things about the Currys issue was that they let you go through the four menus BEFORE they tell you they are closed until Monday!   Surely the honest thing to do is that it should answer that the offices are closed until Monday and give the times, not charge for listening to four menus to no purpose?

By the way, the problem with the camera is that when it is switched on, the lense comes out as it should do but only part way then it switches itself off, a very similar problem happened with our son's previous Samsung camera, again starting just after the year mark (on that occasion we blamed him, probably unreasonably, for not being more careful).

Thanks again for your help.  When I get a few minutes, I will post the other old Dixons numbers & addresses in the Cambridge phone book in case they can be of use to others IF the addresses are still the same.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 1:14pm

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

IP Logged

i8cuurytwats

UK
Currys call centre numbers
Reply #10 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 11:48am

we're having an onging problem with currys customer service. i can with live having to talk to the the most stupid/inept people in this country based at their call centers but find it extremely hard to have to pay for the privelege over and above my free call allowance.

these are the numbers that go to call centers:

currys delivery center:          0844 561 7000

currys customer services       0870 1545570

entering these numbers in search or this area brings up local alternate places only none seem to go to the call centers above. please can someone help?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Currys call centre numbers
Reply #11 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 12:20pm

Welcome to the forum

There is a thread running already on Currys, have a look here....

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1246189021/8#8

Edited:
by Dave: Threads have been merged; the one referred to here is therefore the current one you're reading now.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:44pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

i8cuurytwats

UK
Re: Currys call centre numbers
Reply #12 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 12:52pm

sherbert wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 12:20pm:
Welcome to the forum

There is a thread running already on Currys, have a look here....

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1246189021/8#8

thanks for welcome.

i have seen this thread before posting here (did not want to piggy back someone else post). the 0500 number is no longer active and the other numbers are for local only, unfortunately no numbers shown go to call centers unless i am missing it.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #13 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 1:14pm

I've removed the 0500 304304 number from the database as it now has a recording redirecting to 0844 561 6263. It says that doing so will allow the caller to take advantage of a lower call rate.  Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:14pm

From their web site  http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0676541506.1...

Email address for For Store related correspondence

customer.services@currys.co.uk

Email address and number for

For After Sales Inquiries or if you have any questions about delivery
0870 333 1222 or email us at:curryswebsales@currys.co.uk

A reminder that 0870 numbers are inclusive if you have a BT land line, depending which calling plan you belong to.

Hope this is of some help.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge