Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nationwide Building Society - Newton Abbot (Read 9,684 times)
peterc

esp
Nationwide Building Society - Newton Abbot
Sep 23rd, 2009 at 3:49pm

hi guys newbie here
just like to know if anyone has or can obtain the telephone number for the Nationwide building society in newton abbot , they have a 0845 No

0845 2660464 bugger that

cheers peterc

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2009 at 3:50pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Nationwide Building Society - Newton Abbot
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 4:03pm

According to the www.192.com web site

We have

01626 230 000

15 Queen Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2AQ

Let us know how you get on.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 8:52pm

Sorry Sherbert but like all local Nationwide branches, they're now using 0845, which sad to say has happened to the 01626 230 000, which redirects you to the 0845 now.  I used to be able to bypass this problem by calling one of the other numbers above the base number ie. 01626 230 003 (or suchlike).

Now they all seem to have been switched so that method doesn't work any more.  Undecided

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 9:03pm

There's a long thread on Nationwide Building Society's recent move over to 0845 numbers here.

Maybe we can expect Nationwide to start charging members a fee to speak to someone at their local branch as well as on the telephone.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2009 at 9:04pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 9:49am

If you look back to earlier in the original thread on this, I was told that you can phone the main call centre on a geographical number as per our database &, I think, they can transfer you or get the branch to call you.  Unsatisfactory I know but it is a possibility.  Also, branch staff seem to be trained not to be as good as they were (sorry for the clumsy sentence construction) and branches seem to be no more than basic admin places now so maybe the call centre might be able to help.  There is, of course, always the "from abroad" number as well.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 6:17pm

As Barbara indicates Nationwide is fast going down hill these days and it seems any branch staff who might have spent too much time being helpful to customers have probably by now been made redundant in favour of those who met all their targets by constantly selling products they didn't really need.  This unfortunately means that the staff who are left in branches also don't seem to have much clue as to why any customer should possibly object to having to call Nationwide on an 0845 phone number.

The sharp deterioration in customer focus this year by Nationwide has also seen them slash instant access savings rates to near to nil and as a result of all this my ISA savings are no longer with Nationwide but instead with NatWest who are paying me between 3.25% and 3.5% on them on an instant access without penalty basis.

I considered trying to attend Nationwide's AGM to raise these matters but it was held in July and in Birmingham so was not at all convenient and hence why I didn't after all attend.

Nationwide seem to have been taken over by the offspring of Sir Fred Goodwin and the only reason for still having an account with them at all is their exchange rate fee free Visa debit and credit card products and even that facility has now been  watered down so that it only works fully within the EU.

In short the arrogant new management of Nationwide seem incapable of serving their customers and are onlu likely to get the message that customers are unhappy if those customers take their business away from the Society. Shocked Angry Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:09am

peterc wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 at 3:49pm:
hi guys newbie here
just like to know if anyone has or can obtain the telephone number for the Nationwide building society in newton abbot , they have a 0845 No

0845 2660464 bugger that

The alternative for this 0845 number is 01793 810464.  Wink

I have listed this in the database.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge