Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disability Line (Read 8,042 times)
Tracy1979

Disability Line
Nov 11th, 2009 at 6:25pm

Hi Guys,

Complete newbie here but I wanted to raise a concern which has hit rather close to home based on this website.

My mum tried to call into Sky on their disability line and ended in a queue for 35 minutes - With arthritis in both hands this is not easy .  Why because someone has posted the Accessibility line on this website as an alternative way to phone Sky free ?  This number is used for people with a disabiility to make sure they dont have to wait in a queue

I am against premium rate numbers as much as anyone else but not when it is impacting on vulnerable people who rely on this type of service.

I am sure you cant check every number that is posted on here but is there a way to let people know thats what the number should be used for ?

Thanks guys and sorry for my first post being a moan  !!

Tracy

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Disability Line
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:08pm

The point is well made. The following comments are not intended as criticism, but as a suggestion about how the issue could be progressed.

I think that it would be worth approaching BSkyB about this to ask about the delay in getting through on the disability line.

If they say that the delay is caused by people misusing the special service, then ask them what they are going to do about it. Invite them to engage in discussion with saynoto0870 about why they charge customers for access to their other services without declaring the fact that normal telephone contact with them is conducted using, what is in effect although not by formal definition, a premium rate telephone service.

If taking calls from those who do not need the special service is causing a delay for those who do, then it is for Sky agents to politely terminate the calls. If this were happening one would hope that someone with that experience would post a proper comment on saynoto0870, which would perhaps lead to the alternative being removed from the database.

Unless saynoto0870 is deliberately failing to respond to comments from Sky, then it is BSkyB that carries the responsibility for this situation.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Tracy1979 wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 6:25pm:
My mum tried to call into Sky on their disability line and ended in a queue for 35 minutes - With arthritis in both hands this is not easy .  Why because someone has posted the Accessibility line on this website as an alternative way to phone Sky free ?  This number is used for people with a disabiility to make sure they dont have to wait in a queue

Hi Tracy and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've removed the number you refer to from the database.  Smiley

IP Logged

Tracy1979

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:42pm

Thank you to both for your replies.

I completely agree about BskyB taking action so I have started to escalate with them,  As one person not sure how much notice a big company like that will take notice but I will keep you posted.

Thanks you for taking notice of my post and removing the number.  My mum is well impressed Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks again

Tracy xxxxx

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 5:31am

Tracy1979 wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:42pm:
As one person not sure how much notice a big company like that will take notice but I will keep you posted.

You might be happily surprised. You write well, so just say what you have to say, fairly and clearly. Do PM me, or perhaps Dave, if you need any help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge