Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Number to redirect to other numbers (Read 4,250 times)
GodAtum

Number to redirect to other numbers
Dec 31st, 2009 at 9:34pm

Hi all,

I have 10 free local numbers from my O2 contract. Is there a way to call 1 number that redirects to any numbers that I want?

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Number to redirect to other numbers
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 10:01pm

Great idea. Just two problems.

Firstly, I cannot see how you would be able to dial through to premium rate numbers.

Secondly, if someone had found a way of making money out of offering such a facility they could not publish the number because it would be excluded from this type of arrangement.

We know how the dial through to 0800 numbers works, that is simple. It is just possible that someone would receive enough in termination fees on a number that would fall within the O2 definition of "local" to be able to offer this facility. The problem would be in publicising it without O2 being aware that their special deal could be extended to cover all landline calls.

If anybody does know of such a facility, then publicising it here could spoil it for everyone.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Re: Number to redirect to other numbers
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 1:37pm

Several of the betamax voip brands offer local geographic access numbers that allow you to call out on your voip account from a standard phone, and most of their brands offer calls to UK landlines for free (for a limited period after you credit some cash to the account.)

Whether or not this would work for the OP is another matter; I would imagine that such access numbers would be disallowed from this sort of usagein the T&Cs, and even if one does slip through the net and be allowed, then there is no guarantee that this would not be spotted and calls retrospectively charged.  Of course, if you make lots of foreign or cross-net charged calls, it may still make sense, even if you have to pay for the call, plus the voip rates, if it works out cheaper than paying the mobile companies rates for a given number.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2010 at 1:38pm by irrelevant »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge