Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Is saynoto0870 ethical? (Read 34,711 times)
sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Is saynoto0870 ethical?
Reply #30 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 5:48pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 at 4:43pm:
It may be "fair game" for some to try to avoid paying that fee by using alternative numbers.

I actually do not see the difference between looking for a cheaper telephone number to use than looking for a cheaper brand of tea, coffee, soap etc.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #31 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 6:41pm

sherbert wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 at 5:48pm:
I actually do not see the difference between looking for a cheaper telephone number to use than looking for a cheaper brand of tea, coffee, soap etc.

Getting the same service at a discounted price from the same provider, or indeed getting it for free, would be a better analogy. (We are only referring to the revenue share premium component of the cost of the telephone call - SAYNOTO0870.com is not focused on which provider offers the cheapest rates.)

In this respect, SAYNOTO0870.com is in the same position as MSE and the various "discount code" sites. This may be a perfectly healthy manifestation of consumerism, given the ethical qualifications that may apply to consumerism wherever it is found.

The difference for me arises in that the charges being avoided are generally not properly advised, and secondly, that they are applied in situations where they are wholly improper. This discussion forum extends beyond the issue of alternative number to address these points. That is why I am engaged here, giving particular attention to the latter, campaigning with a progressive focus that deliberately starts with the softest targets. I believe that an opportunity to address the former will arise in the course of this year, and intend to be fully engaged.

Some may believe that online retailers should publish their discount codes for all to use and some may believe that it is valid for public service providers to offer users a choice about what they pay for access. Those who hold these views (or fail to consider these issues) would not see any difference between SAYNOTO0870.COM and the other sites when assessing its ethical position.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #32 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:08pm

I see the OP never responded again so clearly his intent was mischievous.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a former employer, client or business acquaintance of SCV given that all of SCV's normal pro telecoms ripoff merchants processes of thought seem to have employed.  Shocked Angry Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:11pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #33 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:31pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:08pm:
... SCV's normal pro telecoms ripoff merchants processes of thought ...

One may cite, for example:

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jan 18th, 2010 at 6:41pm:
... the revenue share premium component of the cost of the telephone call ...
... the charges being avoided are generally not properly advised,
and secondly, that they are applied in situations where they are wholly improper

Are we simply falling out over whether certain charges would not be proper even if they were fully and clearly advised?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge