Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ICAS (POhWER) replace 0845 with 0300 number (Read 7,735 times)
loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
ICAS (POhWER) replace 0845 with 0300 number
Apr 10th, 2010 at 11:10am

ICAS stands for "Independent Complaints Advocacy Service" and its purpose is to provide free, independent and confidential advice to anybody who needs to complain about any service provided by the NHS.   They are part of the POhWER organisation though I have not found out what POhWER stands for.

I recommend them for our "Hall of Fame" because they have replaced all their 0845 numbers with a single 0300 number and also offer a new email address for contact.   I also believe they are a shining example to all other government departments, agencies and Quangos who should all be replacing their 08 numbers forthwith.

This is what they say on their "About Us" page :---

" POhWER is changing it's main contact telephone number and main email address. From 1 April 2010 you can contact us on 0300 456 2370, where a maximum national call rate will apply regardless of where in the country you call us from and what type of phone you use.

Also pohwer@pohwer.net will be our main contact address for all our services.

Why change? POhWER has had a lot of feedback from clients about the cost and ease of contacting us. You may or may not know that 0845 numbers, the numbers we have previously used, can attract much higher charges for mobile phone users. This can be as much as 45 pence per minute. Many of our clients call us on mobile phones, often pay as you go mobiles, which can be very expensive. Best practice these days is for organisations to use 0300 numbers so we are using them too."

http://www.pohwer.net/about_us/index.html

I think they have explained the problem with 0845 numbers and their reasons for changing very well and we should commend them for their honesty and clarity.    I have one small gripe and that is their choice of phrase "..... a maximum national call rate will apply ...." instead of stating that 0300 numbers are charged at no higher rate than for normal geographic phone rates.    BBC TV are now using the term "standard call charges will apply" I notice.

Anyway, well done to the POhWER ICAS organisation and may we see all NHS Bodies, Trusts and GPs following the excellent example set by ICAS very soon!!! Smiley Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2010 at 11:26am by loddon »  
Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: ICAS (POhWER) replace 0845 with 0300 number
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2010 at 11:44am

This is excellent news, and as loddon says, a good explanation of the reason for the change. I have added this organisation to the Hall of Fame.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge