Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cold Call on 08001218142 (Read 3,654 times)
coastee

Lowestoft UK
Cold Call on 08001218142
Jun 4th, 2010 at 2:44pm

Hi does anyone know who the originator of 08001218142 is I am getting cold calls from this number

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Cold Call on 08001218142
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 10:23pm

coastee wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 2:44pm:
Hi does anyone know who the originator of 08001218142 is I am getting cold calls from this number

From the clear message given when calling this number it seems odd that would not identify themselves when you answer. (I assume that you know that they are "cold calls" because of what is said.)

If they are hanging up in silence, then you should report the matter to Ofcom confirming that you are caused unnecessary inconvenience, annoyance and anxiety. The content of the message suggests that they would be "persistent" in this practice and should therefore be subjected to a Notification of Persistent Misuse on the basis of this evidence alone. This is not Ofcom's policy and so you may wish to ask why Ofcom is failing to comply with the expectation of parliament - "We expect you to use your powers to eradicate the nuisance of Silent Calls".

If you are unable to answer their calls, but are curious to know who is trying to contact you, even though you do not recognise the number, then why not simply call it? (The call is free, or rather inclusive, from a landline or public payphone.) My advice is that those who wish to satisfy this type of curiosity may do so at their own risk, but should not be encouraged.

I personally disapprove most strongly of the way in which this particular number is used. It serves no purpose other than satisfying rather pointless curiosity, or alternatively is to cover the practice of making Silent Calls - which is totally unacceptable, and in no way mitigated by this misuse of CLI.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge