Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Karma Travel Insurance (Read 12,386 times)
loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Karma Travel Insurance
Jul 14th, 2010 at 6:37pm

Can anyone help with finding an alternative geo number for 0845 260 1545

(Their travel insurance services are recommended by Which?)

Karma Insurance Services Ltd
Business Information Services
White House
Clarendon Street --- also at Wollaton Street, Nottingham NG1 5GF
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG1 5GF
Also at :---
Karma Head Office
Innovate Office
Lake View Drive
Sherwood Park
Nottingham
NG15 0DT

They do use geo numbers for certain purposes :---

Emergency medical  020 8914 8044
                             020 8315 4371
Claims                    01706 742982
                             020 8315 0732

Karma appear to be agents for :---

Lloyd Wright Consultants Ltd    01623 726273
P.O Box 9474, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 9ES

Many thanks for any help.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Karma Travel Insurance
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 7:03pm

This is their registered address according to Company's House web site.....

KARMA INSURANCE SERVICES LIMITED
WHITE HOUSE WOLLATON STREET
CORNER OF CLARENDSON STREET
NOTTINGHAM
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
NG1 5GF

I think you will find that the two addresses are one of the same Wink

However, having said all that, I have drawn a blank re the telephone number you are asking for Sad

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2010 at 7:04pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 8:22pm

The website is www.karmainsurance.com, although there is a holding page at www.karmainsurance.info giving the .com website address. On the latter there is also a note:
Quote:
If you have purchased a Karma policy before the 1st of August 2009, You need to login in the box below to access your member area. In your member area you will be able to view your policies and access your policy documents.

Not sure if this has relevance to finding the phone number. The .com website gives different contact numbers for claims made before and after 1st March 2009.

From now on, when I refer to "the website", I'll be talking about the main .com one.

BT Phonebook lists an entry for Karma Insurance at the Wollaton Street address with the 0845 number in the OP.

The main website states "Karma is a trading name of P J Hayman & Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority." A search of the database for
hayman
returns two entries:

Free Spirit Travel Insurance             0845 230 5000       023 9241 9080             from PJ Hayman & Co  also 023 92419050

Unverified Numbers Database

PJ Hayman & Company Ltd             0845 230 0631       023 9241 9000             Switchboard - ask for Direct Sales

PJ Hayman's website is www.pjhayman.co.uk.

Free Spirit's claims number is 0845 260 1528, which is similar to Karma's number. Its fax number is 023 9241 9049 and the address is:

Free Spirit
P J Hayman & Company Limited
Stansted House
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
PO9 6DX

If Karma's 0845 number is answered in Rowland's Castle, then the numbers look to be 023 9241 9xxx.

Now I'll look for Nottingham numbers, which will be 0115 for the NG1 address and 01623 (Mansfield) numbers for those on Lake View Drive, NG15.

loddon, have you tried the 01623 726273 number you found?

Lloyd Wright Consultants Ltd has a "Website under re-construction" page at www.lloydwright.co.uk which gives:

Lloyd Wright Consultants Ltd
PO BOX 9474
Nottingham
NG1 9ES

Tel: 0115 960 3333
Fax: 0115 960 3311

The icon for this website is the same as the one for www.karmainsurance.info, but not www.karmainsurance.com, so it may suggest a link between the two.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 9:05am

Thank you Sherbert and Dave you are stars!!!    Smiley Smiley Cheesy Grin

I knew the experts on here would root out all necessary info.

I can confirm that 01706 742982 is an effective alternative to the Karma 0845 number.   They answer with the operational name of "Free Spirit insurance" but state that they are P J Hayman and they do discuss and answer questions regarding Karma Insurance though it is emphasised that they cannot take an application over the phone as Karma is strictly an on-line service. Smiley Smiley

That's the good news.   Now for the bad.  Sad Sad Cry Cry

When I made the first posting 2 days ago the number given on their website for CLAIMS made on policies taken out after 1st Match 2009 was 01706 742982 and I quoted that number in my posting.  Looking at their website today I see that they have replaced that number with 0871 6647995  Angry Cry Angry   I have just tested the 01706 742982 number and get a message that this number is temporarily disabled! Angry

I don't expect to make a claim but if it became necessary then it looks like Karma have now decided to make claimants pay a premium to report their misfortune. Sad   What is the logic behind that???   They are still offering geo numbers for other Claims and requirements.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2010 at 9:24am by loddon »  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 5:53pm

On the basis that the recording on Karma Insurance's 0845 260 1545 is similar to that of other PJ Hayman & Company numbers (including those for Free Spirit), I suggest that it might be worth ringing PJ Hayman on one of the 023 numbers.

I have been through all 023 9241 90xx numbers and none match this 0845 number, although there are a number of other insurance names we haven't yet got 08 numbers for. Looking around would tend to suggest that these (100 of them) are the only 023 numbers PJ Hayman have.  Undecided

You could always give Peter Hayman's office a ring on 023 9241 9002. This number is infact published for complaints and on a number of pages on the internet. Or, change the last digit to a 1 or 5 and get through to someone who identifies himself as "Peter" on his voicemail message.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 7:43pm

loddon wrote on Jul 16th, 2010 at 9:05am:
… Looking at their website today I see that they have replaced that number with 0871 6647995  Angry Cry Angry   I have just tested the 01706 742982 number and get a message that this number is temporarily disabled! Angry

It would actually help if you posted a link to the page you are referring to as the Karma contact page still gives 01706 742 982 for claims on travel policies taken out after 1 March 2009. Furthermore, it also says that they are handled by White Horse, a pretty crucial piece of information which has been eluded to thus far.  Roll Eyes

loddon wrote on Jul 16th, 2010 at 9:05am:
…I don't expect to make a claim but if it became necessary then it looks like Karma have now decided to make claimants pay a premium to report their misfortune. Sad   What is the logic behind that???   They are still offering geo numbers for other Claims and requirements.

It would appear that there are different underwriters, or certainly different claims handlers which would explain why they have different types of numbers and those which have geographic numbers are in different areas. That is the logic behind that.

A check of the database reveals other numbers in the range 0871 664 79xx belong to Thomas Cook. Calling the wretched 0871 number reveals that it is answered by "White Horse Administration Services". As we have discussed elsewhere, White Horse Insurance is part of Thomas Cook.

There are two threads where we have discussed White Horse Insurance, one for Atlas Direct and the other for White Horse itself.

On the former thread in April 2007 I posted a Rochdale address for MyTravel and number 01706 742000. This number is also temporarily out of order, just as the similar number 742982 and as are others I tried in the 742xxx block. MyTravel was aquired by Thomas Cook a few months prior to that. In June 2006, the entire office closed with the loss of a thousand jobs. This would explain why these numbers no longer work and if they were working recently, then they would have been diverted elsewhere.

Perhaps the OP would like to stop and consider his mire at the discovery of the cessation of the 01706 number and get it in perspective with that felt by those who lost their income four years ago.

On the latter thread, the main one for White Horse Insurance, this 0871 number has been posted, so is a general one for the company. Thus, please continue discussion for the alternative for this number on that thread. I suggested a number for the Dublin office which anyone has yet to post feedback on, so would like people to say how effective it is.

IP Logged

P_J_Hayman

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 2:32pm

Hello,

I'm the Marketing Assistant here at P J Hayman & Company, we handle the travel insurance for Karma. I noticed your post and just wanted to clear this up for you:

Karma is a web based travel insurance policy, if you have any queries and would like to speak with somebody about Karma travel insurance our number is 0845 260 1545 or you can email us on customer_services@karmainsurance.com. Your query will be picked up by our Free Spirit travel insurance team here at our [url]P J Hayman & Company Ltd[/url] offices in Rowlands Castle.

The registered office for Karma is:
Karma Insurance Service Ltd
White Horse
Wollaton Street
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG1 5GF

Karma travel insurance is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland Ltd, who also handle the claims for karma:
Karma Claims Services
White Horse Insurance Ireland Limited
PO Box 173
Bradford
BD11 2WS

Claims phone number: 0871 664 7995

The Karma travel insurance policy is insured by AXA, the AXA Assistance 24-hour emergency medical assistance line is 00 44 (0) 208 914 8044

I hope this helps?

Kind regards
P J Hayman

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 3:02pm

P_J_Hayman wrote on Jul 20th, 2010 at 2:32pm:
I'm the Marketing Assistant here at P J Hayman & Company, we handle the travel insurance for Karma. I noticed your post and just wanted to clear this up for you:

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thank you for the information. Perhaps you can shed some light on the geographic alternative for the 0845 260 1545 number. You have confirmed my suspicion that calls are indeed dealt with at the Rowland's Castle office. So what is the 023 number for Karma Insurance enquiries?

More and more consumers hate being ripped off by 084/087 numbers, and they come to this website to find alternatives. Quite why companies such as yours wish to market themselves in this way, I have no idea.

The outcome of this campaign has been the creation of 03 numbers. These cost the same as a geographic (01/02) call and are part of inclusive call minutes with landline and mobile providers alike. Perhaps you could propose that PJ Hayman and associated operations, such as Free Spirit and Karma Insurance, switch to 03 numbers instead.

IP Logged

P_J_Hayman

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 3:32pm

Customers can call our general number 02392 419050 and specify that it is a call in relation to Karma travel insurance.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
P J Hayman

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 3:45pm

P_J_Hayman wrote on Jul 20th, 2010 at 3:32pm:
Customers can call our general number 02392 419050 and specify that it is a call in relation to Karma travel insurance.

Thanks.  Smiley

I've added this to our listings.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 8:59pm

P_J_Hayman wrote on Jul 20th, 2010 at 3:32pm:

I hope this helps.

Regards,
P J Hayman

Yes this helps ----- but it doesn't help us or the general public understand why you do it or what your thinking is.   If you are happy to receive calls on 02392 419050 why do you not say so on your website?    Why did you only quote the 0845 number in your first post and not mention the 02392 number?   In fact why do you use the 0845 number at all?   

Why don't you drop the 0845 and just use good old fashioned normal fair priced geographic numbers?   We would be a lot happier and so would most of the general public.   That way you might get a lot more customers.   If you did that then Karma and P J Hayman could be rewarded with a place in our Hall of Fame!! Smiley

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 12:35pm

P_J_Hayman wrote on Jul 20th, 2010 at 2:32pm:
Claims phone number: 0871 664 7995
Why, exactly, do you feel the need to shaft claimants with the use of a premium telephone number? Is it because 'everyone else is doing it'? Many people give a wide berth to organizations using such numbering as it demonstrates thoughtlessness towards the consumer. Is it just 'marketing types' who love such numbers?

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge