Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Citroen car dealers - Manchester & Sale (Read 4,528 times)
trickyd

Manchester
Citroen car dealers - Manchester & Sale
Aug 28th, 2010 at 4:24am

It seems increasingly the "done thing" for car dealerships to convert to using 0844 numbers. Citroen in Manchester are the latest locally, publicising 0844 numbers in newspaper ads though the web sites still have the geographical  numbers- but for how long? I've posted the geographical numbers in the list for Manchester and Sale.

OK, so people don't buy new cars often but it's a serious inconvenience if you use the main dealership for servicing (or perhaps are obliged to do so for warranty purposes) and need to check up progress etc. An opportunity for the independent garage servicing outfits perhaps to use their normal phone numbers as a selling point?

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2010 at 11:46am by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Citroen car dealers - Manchester & Sale
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 12:02pm

I have found those entries and verified them.

In future, if you have any additions or updates (including reporting listed numbers that no longer work or unverifieds that do work), please can you post in the Requests section of the forum and I will pick up on it? Whilst not ideal, this saves entries languishing as unverified that have been submitted by a regular member.

I see that you submitted a number of other entries at the same time as adding these for the two Citroen dealerships, and I will get those listed as verified as well.

On the subject of car dealerships using 084 numbers, I know mine uses different 084 numbers in different advertising literature, probably so as to be able to measure the effectiveness of those campaigns. Some have their own websites and a website provided by the manufacturer and these can give different numbers, either different 084 numbers or one a 084 and one a 01/02 number.

Where did the 0844 numbers come from? The websites for these branches (www.manchester.citroen.co.uk and www.manchestersouth.citroen.co.uk) list the 0161 numbers.

IP Logged

trickyd

Manchester
Re: Citroen car dealers - Manchester & Sale
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 3:36am

Dave, the 0844 Citroen dealer numbers are being used in adverts in the local press. They have also used them in SMS marketing messages, though sometimes these still quote the 0161 number.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge