Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ainsdale Medical Centre, Southport (Read 4,405 times)
franwantsjustice

Ainsdale Medical Centre, Southport
Nov 19th, 2010 at 4:25pm

Does anyone know an alternative number to my doctor's surgery in Ainsdale?  It is called, Ainsdale Medical Centre, 66 Station Road, Ainsdale, SOUTHPORT PR8 3HW. The premium number given out is 08444773578 and it charged extortionally through my service provider Talk Talk who say it is the fault of the doctors not them.  I think it is ethically problematic that doctors are making money out of their patients in this way.  

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2010 at 4:29pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Ainsdale Medical Centre, Southport
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Firstly, it's highly doubtful that anyone who uses this site knows the number; as in such circumstances they should submit it for listing in our database.

However, it is not beyond reason that we may be able to sleuth it.

The website is www.ainsdale-mc.co.uk and it gives the fax number as 01704 573875. Googling that returns pages giving the voice telephone number as 01704 574137. I rather suspect you are going to tell me that that is the old number before they got the premium one.

What this does tell us is that the current fax number has been in use since before they got the phone system/service, of which the 0844 number is a part. It is therefore unlikely that the 01704 fax is a clue to the numbers they operate.

Do you know of other information such as other numbers that are known for the surgery? For example, are district nurses/health visitors based there and if so, what number do they give?

I will have another look later when I get a bit more time; see what I can come up with.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2010 at 7:16pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Ainsdale Medical Centre, Southport
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:02pm

I've had a look round on the internet and not come up with any suggestions on the alternative phone number.

I have found some e-mail addresses for this surgery, which suggests that the general format is firstname.lastname@gp-n84012.nhs.uk

Have a read of this guidance I posted on finding clues for cracking your GP's number. If you find anything, do post here and we will see if we can help work out the proper number.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge