Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Post Office Counter Services - No Number Listed (Read 48,035 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Post Office Counter Services - No Number Listed
Dec 7th, 2010 at 10:08am

On its Contact Us web page the Post Office states:-

Quote:
Other ways to contact us:

* Call us on 08457 22 33 44*. Lines are open from 8.15am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am - 2.00pm Saturday.

Textphone users please call 08457 22 33 55.
         For Welsh call 08457 46 84 69.

However while the number search section of the SayNoTo0870.com website quotes supposed alternatives for 08457 22 33 55 the reality is that they are all for specific subdivisions like Homephone or Insurance and that this site does not list one alternative geographic customer service number for telephone enquires about normal Post Office counter products only delivered at the Post Office itself.

In my own case I want to ask them more about their withdrawal of the Special Delivery service in my area (far southern Surrey) and why it is that they have not only withdrawn the next working day delivery aspect of the service but also will not let those of us now forced to use 1st Class Signed For instead buy any level of insurance that was associated with the Special Delivery product.  Instead we are made to put up with the £41 coverage flat rate for all Signed For items.

I therefore find it extremely surprising that this site does not list any geographic alternative number for a helpline as important as that covering the Post Officer Counter's main core functional business of postal services including Signed For and Special Delivery.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2010 at 10:10am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Post Office Counter Services - No Number Liste
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 11:48am

OK so answering my own question the way to contact Post Office Counters customer services for the price of a geographic phone call (or for free if it is out of bundled minutes) is as follows:-

1. Call the Unverified number of 020 7250 2888 listed as being for Mark Higson, Managing Director of Royal Mail letters (July 2010).

2. This number then hits a Royal Mail IVR menu that lets you choose between being a Business or Social customer and a new enquirer or someone with a reference number from a previous enquiry.

3. After picking the options for being a Social Customer and someone without a reference number you will now get a quite helpful member of the Royal Mail's high level executive complaints team.

4.  Explain that you in fact have a high level complaint about service by a member of staff at a counter at the Post Office and also a further complaint about the fact that they fail to publish any geographic or 03 phone numbers to contact them on.

5.  They will now offer to transfer you free of charge to the Post Office counters complaints line to let you register your complaint

In view of all the above can Dave please update the listings for the Post Office so that 020 7250 2888 is also shown as a mechanism via which it is possible to be connected to and make a complaint to the Post Office Counters Customer Service Complaints team.

Thank you.

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 10:47pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 11:48am:
OK so answering my own question the way to contact Post Office Counters customer services for the price of a geographic phone call (or for free if it is out of bundled minutes) is as follows:-

1. Call the Unverified number of 020 7250 2888 listed as being for Mark Higson, Managing Director of Royal Mail letters (July 2010).

2. This number then hits a Royal Mail IVR menu that lets you choose between being a Business or Social customer and a new enquirer or someone with a reference number from a previous enquiry.

3. After picking the options for being a Social Customer and someone without a reference number you will now get a quite helpful member of the Royal Mail's high level executive complaints team.

I have listed this number in the database.

I also came across another number, 020 7490 2888, which was previously listed as unverified and is for Post Office head office at 148 Old St, London, EC1V 9HQ. This is confirmed by Yell.com and so I have listed it as another alternative to the 0845 722 3344 number with a note to saying that callers must ask to be put through to customer services.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:11pm

Hey Guys/Ladies,

Just wanted to advise I called 020 7250 2888 (Post Office / Royal Mail) yesterday, but the number was unobtainable.

However I then tried 020 7490 2888, got through to someone and was transfered to Post Office Customer Services.

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:41pm

CJT-80 wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:11pm:
Just wanted to advise I called 020 7250 2888 (Post Office / Royal Mail) yesterday, but the number was unobtainable.

This number now rings and is answered with a recording which says to call back when they're open (Mon-Fri 8am-530pm). It's voiced by a female with a north-eastern accent. There is also a pause before ringing starts, and this makes me wonder if it's diverted elsewhere.

However I then tried 020 7490 2888, got through to someone and was transfered to Post Office Customer Services.

This rings unanswered now.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:09pm

How strange,

I only tried both once, as I was seriously un-impressed with the "service" given by PostOffice

If I ever do have to call them I will let you know what works

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 10:52am

Dave wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:41pm:

This number now rings and is answered with a recording which says to call back when they're open (Mon-Fri 8am-530pm). It's voiced by a female with a north-eastern accent. There is also a pause before ringing starts, and this makes me wonder if it's diverted elsewhere.

I've just tried this number and it is answered by an IVR: 1. Business customer 2. Social customer 3. Other enquiries

IP Logged

Ian.B

Re: Post Office Counter Services - No Number Listed
Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 4:53pm

Rang yesterday (25 Jan 2013) on the unverified "0800 1694955 - FOR ADVICE OR LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED CARDS" number. This number is not an automated answerphone so I said I had a problem finding the number for the correct dept (lost cards), the man put me through straight away. 

After being put through and sorting my problem out, I asked for a geographical no. & was told only the 0845 no. was available.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2013 at 4:57pm by Ian.B »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2013 at 6:25pm

Ian.B wrote on Jan 26th, 2013 at 4:53pm:
Rang yesterday (25 Jan 2013) on the unverified "0800 1694955 - FOR ADVICE OR LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED CARDS" number. This number is not an automated answerphone so I said I had a problem finding the number for the correct dept (lost cards), the man put me through straight away. 

After being put through and sorting my problem out, I asked for a geographical no. & was told only the 0845 no. was available.

Thanks Ian.B for letting us know about this.

If you put the 0800 number into our search engine it returns one verified entry as an alternative for 0845 722 3344 which did say "Savings menu" in the Other Info field but I've changed it to "Financial services - may have to ask to be put through".

There was an unverified entry for 0845 722 3344 which gave the same 0800 number with a note to say that it was "FOR ADVICE OR LOST, STOLEN, DAMAGED CARDS" which I have now removed as it is a duplicate of the main verified one.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 5:37am

I have noticed in the media they are now promoting
0345 722 3344.

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 6:45pm

bigjohn wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 5:37am:
I have noticed in the media they are now promoting
0345 722 3344.

Thanks. I've added this to the verified listings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge