Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
National Mediation Helpline - Geo Nmbr Incorrect (Read 10,593 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
National Mediation Helpline - Geo Nmbr Incorrect
Jan 28th, 2011 at 2:18pm

This is just to tell Dave that the current geographic number listed for the National Mediation Helpline (01234 319002) is incorrect and goes through to the enquiries desk of some County Court or other that knows of the existence of the National Mediation Helpline but cannot put calls through to it or give you the geographic alternative number for it.  They claim their staff there have previously tried to have their number removed from this website but were unsuccessful.

I was therefore forced to call the National Mediation Service on the 0845 603 0809 number listed at www.nationalmediationhelpline.com where I complained about the 0845 number's exclusion from mobile phone bundled minutes etc and they offered to call me back back but when the lady concerned called me back her number was "WITHHELD" as opposed to simply being "UNAVAILABLE".

So it would seem that there is no geographic alternative number available for the National Mediation Helpline and that its staff are dedicated to preventing the disclosure of that alternative even though they will agree to call you back.  Perhaps the current "Unverified" entry can therefore be updated to this effect.

EDIT:- There are three Unverified entries for the National Mediation services and the one that states "Just visit www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk and get the geographical numbers from the find-a-service search box. That all the 0845 number do anyway" is incorrect because this gives you a list of the individual commercial mediation services for your dispute area but does not get you through to the National Mediation Helpline.  Having said that all the Helpline tries to do is find out the amount of your dispute and forward your details on to these services for one of them to get back in touch with you.  However the number given as a geographic alternative is wrong and does not get you through to the so called Helpline even though the Helpline is only there to try and make you sign up for one of the Mediation services and does not offer any advice at all on whether Mediation is likely to work in your particular dispute.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2011 at 2:29pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: National Mediation Helpline - Geo Nmbr Incorre
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:10pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 2:18pm:
This is just to tell Dave that the current geographic number listed for the National Mediation Helpline (01234 319002) is incorrect …

Thanks for this. I've removed the duplicates and removed the number from the remaining entry, and added a note as suggested and link back to this thread.  Smiley

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 9:47pm

News,

After reading the FAQ's I found the following entry - "phone number - is there a local (non-0845) number on which to call the Helpline?

Yes, the local number is 01823 623650"

I believe this solves the issue.

Please let me know if it works.

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:14pm

CJT-80 wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 9:47pm:
After reading the FAQ's I found the following entry - "phone number - is there a local (non-0845) number on which to call the Helpline?

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks. I tried this number and the one for the National Mediation Helpline, 0845 603 0809, and they match. Likewise (as is to be expected) does the Family Mediation Helpline number, 0845 602 6627.

These now have entries in the database.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:15pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:48pm

CJT-80 wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 9:47pm:

Good work CJT-80 but note that this is a geographic number for the Family Mediation Helpline and it remains to be seen whether that is actually handled by the same call centre team as the National Mediation Helpline.  I have looked at the FAQs at www.nationalmediationhelpline.com/frequently-asked-questions.php and there is no mention there of an 01823 number alternative for those wanting to not call the 0845 number.

Through yell.com I have discovered that the Family Mediation Helpline is based at 34 Bridge St, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1TQ with a telephone number listed of 01823 352013.  However the National Mediation Helpline is listed as being located at Equity House, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2PX with the same 0845 6030809 number being listed there at as on the www.nationalmediationhelpline.com website  Obviously it does seem a remarkable coincidence that both these mediation operations are based in Taunton.

Further research suggests that the National Mediation Helpline must be run by a firm barristers, arbitrators and mediators who go by the name of Clerksroom as they also list their postal address as being "Equity House, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, TA1 2PX" at www.clerksroom.com/contact.php   That Contact Us page then also lists a main "International" number of +44 1823 442 671 and a "DDI" number of 01823 623653 for Martin Davies the "Chambers Director".  An 01823 number of 01823 623655 is also listed for Stephen Ward Mediation, Managing Director & Company Secretary even though Mr Ward also lists an 0845 number for contacting him and finally Lisa Rodger, Helpline Supervisor of the Mediation Department is shown as having a number of 01823 623654 with no 0845 alternative advertised (noting with interest that the geographic number discovered by CJT-80 for the family mediation service was 01823 623650 and that three other members of staff at Clerksroom.com also have phone numbers starting 01823 62365).

On the face of it therefore either the switchboard number of 01823 442671 or the number for Ms Rodgers, who is the supervisor of the running of the Mediation Helpline, of 01823 623654 look the most promising options.  Unfortunately though I don't have an Anytime Calls plan and the lines are only open 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday.  So I will either have to spend 8p or possibly more to confirm the right geographic number or alternatively send an email to Lisa Rodgers as listed at www.clerksroom.com/profile.php?type=barristers&fl=&pid=651 and Stephen Ward as listed at www.clerksroom.com/profile.php?type=barristers&fl=&pid=526  However as they seem to understand the concept of "International" numbers perhaps all I need to do is ask what the "International" number is for the National Mediation Helpline whilst referring to the relevant paragraphs in the COI's Better Practice Guide For Government Contact Centres and Sir David Varney's report on Transforming Government Services.

I believe the National Mediation Helpline has been set up by the Ministry of Justice so it does seem rather disappointing to find that in reality it seems to be operated on a commercial basis by this firm of barristers and mediators who even see phone calls to them as being a further opportunity to make money. Shocked Angry Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:54pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:14pm

NGMsGhost,

If you want to PM me, I am happy to call the numbers given on Monday around 9am and check they work.

I just need to know what I would be calling in relation to. I don't mean your specific issue but something that they would deal with,

I hope that helps.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:14pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:19pm

See my posting (reply #3) above. I found that both National Mediation Helpline's 0845 603 0809 number and Family Mediation Helpline's 0845 602 6627 number match. They both go through to the same answerphone as is on 01823 623650.  Wink

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:45pm

Dave wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:19pm:
See my posting (reply #3) above. I found that both National Mediation Helpline's 0845 603 0809 number and Family Mediation Helpline's 0845 602 6627 number match. They both go through to the same answerphone as is on 01823 623650.  Wink

The same Answerphone may be but that doesn't necessarily mean they will agree to handle your call for both mediation services during office hours.  Only a live call when they are open would prove that point.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:47pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 11:52pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:45pm:
Dave wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 5:19pm:
See my posting (reply #3) above. I found that both National Mediation Helpline's 0845 603 0809 number and Family Mediation Helpline's 0845 602 6627 number match. They both go through to the same answerphone as is on 01823 623650.  Wink

The same Answerphone may be but that doesn't necessarily mean they will agree to handle your call for both mediation services during office hours.  Only a live call when they are open would prove that point.

The offer still stands!

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge