Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 897,463 times)
alin_noor87

uk
Re: Doctors Surgeries
Reply #240 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 1:39pm

Need Enfield Island Village Surgery Number.

the one that i have is 08448151386....tried to find in search but nothing listed....

please help me find the geographical number  Cry

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #241 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 3:02pm

I see you are new to this Forum, Alin, so I suggest that you read as much as possible on this thread and on the 'NEG Propaganda' and the 'Surgeries charge more for calling'  threads: you will then see that it is very difficult to find out geo numbers for surgeries that have gone 0844 and that it is intensely frustrating to many other people.  

If you really want to find the number, and help with this cause generally, I suggest that you look at how one or two people have discovered the secret number for their doc and try their techniques or invent a technique of your own.   Also, you should write to the surgery and make a formal complaint, write and complain to your PCT, your MP, your local press and the Secretary of State, Alan Johnson.   If you can, post details on this thread of what you have done and any replies you get.    Also please sign, and get everyone you know to sign, the Petition on the PMs website against doctors using 0844/5 : ---

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/

Welcome to the Campaign!!!    
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2007 at 3:35pm by DaveM »  
Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

milkbottle

Reply #242 - Oct 10th, 2007 at 9:46pm

Hi Everyone,

Just registered on this fab site. Please keep up the good work. Have signed the the No 10 petition

IP Logged

canvey

Reply #243 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:03pm

joe65 wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:29pm:
sx51alx wrote on Sep 10th, 2007 at 3:38pm:
I think it's appauling at the best of times these 0845 numbers etc. let alone doctors surgies, NHS etc.  Making money out of ill health is a disgrace and I bet any of the money made from such numbers won't even make it into the NHS fund.

Bambs Smiley

The Hospital in Horsham has not long ago installed a parking system.   Never used to have much of a problem finding a space before.   Now the general public has to drive around for hours waiting for one of the few spaces left available for public/patient use to become free  (all the rest having been reserved for Blue Badge holders - whoever they are). 

I resent that comment - I am disabled and need disabled spaces - maybe you haven't had to hover for 20 minutes in the vain hope of finding a disabled space at a supermarket because they are all taken by able bodied people - often either without a blue badge or using someone else's illegally.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #244 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:13pm

I see the Holbrook surgery has an email contact. I wonder if you can make an appointment on line? Indeed any other surgery that has an email address. Iguess if too many people do it that way they will take down the address as they wont be able to screw the sick.

Enquiries@holbrooksurgery.com

This is a paragraph from their web site..

The cost of calling this new number has caused a lot of confusion and there has been a lot of misquoting of prices in the press.  The calls are charged at BTs local call rate on a standard line, it is NOT a higher rate 0870 type number.  If you have a ‘telephone package’ which promotes ‘free’ local calls they sometimes exclude the 0844 number.  If that is the case, ask your provider to include our number to the free section of your contract.  The cost for a 4 minute call to a 0844 number is under 20p from a landline, but will vary with calls from a mobile.

Yea right, the provider is going to do that, I don't think. How can they get away by putting all this mis information about? Is that right the 20p for a 4 minute call? My mobile charges 20p a minute. Angry Angry

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #245 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 9:05pm

What about this for the latest scam....
Local surgery used to telephone the old folk to come for their 'flu jabs every year. This year the OAPs have got to 'phone the surgery to make an appointment, yep, you have guessed it, the surgery have just gone over to the 08xx scam, so now the overpaid doctors will get even more money out of their patients. When will this ever end?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #246 - Oct 24th, 2007 at 6:55pm

Friend of mine telephoned her surgery on the 'new number' and it would now work. So she 'phoned the old number and that referred her to the 'new' number. So she went to the surgery to make an appointment. She said, 'do you know the number does not work?' 'No' was the reply and tried it them selves and guess what? It did not work. I bet the doctors wondered why they wern't busy. What a cock up all this is. Smiley

IP Logged

dagdave

Reply #247 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:24pm

North Street Medical Centre in Romford, Essex, moved this week to 0844 8151115, what a disgrace.

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #248 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:35pm

Your duty, should  you wish to accept it, is to find the real telephone number !

IP Logged

dagdave

Reply #249 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:54pm

Easier said than done though?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #250 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:59pm

Ask them what is the telephone number to use if you want to call them when you are abroad. If you need medical treatment the doctor may need to get in touch with your surgery about your notes and medical records. Worth a try, in fact may just do that with my surgery.

IP Logged

Martin_rosen

London
Reply #251 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 7:04pm

Also look out for internal messages pinned to the wall in the reception office.  Mine had a list of doctor's direct lines, and I worked out the "missing" number must be the main number.

IP Logged

dagdave

Reply #252 - Oct 26th, 2007 at 11:53am

I am not 100% sure but I have been told from abroad it is a new 0870 number   Cry

IP Logged

joe65

Reply #253 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:53pm

sherbert wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 1:52pm:
Park Surgery has already moved to the new system, which was the subject of a number of complaints.

While I'm delighted with the service I receive from this surgery,   when calling them the other day I  was asked to give a number for the doctor to call me back on later.    When I offered my mobile number,   I was promptly reminded that those cost the surgery a lot of money & asked didn't I have a land line number .....

Flabergasted, I forgot to ask  don't they.

There are those who count,&&An' those who cann't,&&An' those who count  on the both of 'em.

IP Logged

joe65

Reply #254 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 9:03pm

canvey wrote on Oct 15th, 2007 at 4:03pm:
joe65 wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 10:29pm:
sx51alx wrote on Sep 10th, 2007 at 3:38pm:
I think it's appauling at the best of times these 0845 numbers etc. let alone doctors surgies, NHS etc.  Making money out of ill health is a disgrace and I bet any of the money made from such numbers won't even make it into the NHS fund.

Bambs Smiley

The Hospital in Horsham has not long ago installed a parking system.   Never used to have much of a problem finding a space before.   Now the general public has to drive around for hours waiting for one of the few spaces left available for public/patient use to become free  (all the rest having been reserved for Blue Badge holders - whoever they are).  

I resent that comment - I am disabled and need disabled spaces - maybe you haven't had to hover for 20 minutes in the vain hope of finding a disabled space at a supermarket because they are all taken by able bodied people - often either without a blue badge or using someone else's illegally.

I'm sorry.   I never imagined Blue badges spaces to be for disabled people    There seemed to be so many of them around the Horsham Hospital  (which I never considered using) that I imagined them to be for staff or something.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2007 at 9:05pm by joe65 »  

There are those who count,&&An' those who cann't,&&An' those who count  on the both of 'em.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge