Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 891,442 times)
Looby-Loo
Ex Member

Re: Doctors Surgeries
Reply #300 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 10:29am

Smiley Hollies Medical Centre-St.Andrews Rd-Sheffield 11-01142550094

IP Logged

Looby-Loo
Ex Member

Reply #301 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 10:34am

Am looking for alternative number for Gleadless Medical Centre-Gleadless Rd-Sheffield 2.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #302 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:06am

Alternative to what?

Their number is 0845 122 2686 and this number is counted in the inclusive package of a BT landline, depending which option you are on. You are lucky that this surgery has an 0845 number, mine and many others have a 0844 number.

If you want a geographical number, try asking the receptionist next time you are there, or have a look around to see if there is one lieing around.

By the way you can book and cancel appointments on line here

http://www.gleadlessmedicalcentre.co.uk/

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:12am by sherbert »  

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #303 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:18am

at the Gleadless Medical Centre the number for requesting prescriptions is 0114 239 8355

IP Logged

Looby-Loo
Ex Member

Reply #304 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:32am

Thanks for those replies.Have the prescription no. Only have a mobile so 0845 is not inclusive with my package.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #305 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:43am

sherbert wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:06am:
Their number is 0845 122 2686 and this number is counted in the inclusive package of a BT landline, depending which option you are on. You are lucky that this surgery has an 0845 number, mine and many others have a 0844 number. ...
By the way you can book and cancel appointments on line

Some fair points, but ...

The price of BT packages has increased significantly so that BT can cover the cost of the revenue share termination fees with these calls inclusive.

Those not with the cross-subsidising BT bear the call costs more directly.

The revenue share contribution with 0844 (call type g6) numbers is indeed greater. That is why the call costs are greater and why it is unlikely that BT package subscribers would be willing to bear the extra fee that would be necessary if these were to be made inclusive.

On-line appointment booking is a boon for those with internet access. It must however be noted that surgeries maintain different sets of appointments for the different booking options. I always call my surgery (geo number) if I cannot find a suitable appointment slot on-line and often find that there are others available.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 12:01pm by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #306 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:28pm

Quote:
Thanks for those replies.Have the prescription no. Only have a mobile so 0845 is not inclusive with my package.

Have you looked on BT Phonebook as it lists a number several times?

1. Dr S.L Bradford
Gleadless Medical Centre
Tel: (0114) 239 6475 - Text Number
636 Gleadless Road, S14 2JG - Map

2. Dr C.J Davis
Gleadless Medical Centre

3. Gleadless Medical Centre
Drs Davis,Gordon,Wren,Bradford & Schrecker
Appointments & Home Visits
Gleadless Rd, Sheffield, S14 1PQ - Map

4. Dr R.M Gordon
Gleadless Medical Centre

5. Dr G M K Schrecker
Gleadless Medical Centre
636 Gleadless Rd, Sheffield, S14 1PQ - Map

6. Dr M.C Wren
Gleadless Medical Centre
636 Gleadless Rd, Sheffield, S14 1PQ - Map

If this is a suitable alternative, then let us know so it can be listed for others to use.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 3:30pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #307 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:10pm

Might I suggest that sayonoto0870 would not wish to be accused of doing anything to upset use of the textphone service for those with hearing impairment.

Some may wish to argue that those without hearing impairment are being unfairly discriminated against, however I would not wish to be associated with such a position, and suspect that other members may feel the same way.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #308 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:35pm

How does this text phone work then? Do you have to have a special phone and are they geographical numbers as SCV suggests? If this is the case, why don't we all get around the 08 number mullarky and use the text phone?

I myself am indeed hard of hearing and wear a hearing aid in each ear, perhaps this may be of help to me?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #309 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:10pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:10pm:
Might I suggest that sayonoto0870 would not wish to be accused of doing anything to upset use of the textphone service for those with hearing impairment.

Some may wish to argue that those without hearing impairment are being unfairly discriminated against, however I would not wish to be associated with such a position, and suspect that other members may feel the same way.

SCV, I think you need to come back a few squares!  Grin

I gather you're referring to the entries from BT Phonebook like this:

Quote:
1. Dr S.L Bradford
Gleadless Medical Centre

In this case "Text Number" is a hyperlink to allow the user to receive an SMS text message with this telephone number.

sherbert wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:35pm:
How does this text phone work then? Do you have to have a special phone and are they geographical numbers as SCV suggests? If this is the case, why don't we all get around the 08 number mullarky and use the text phone?

I myself am indeed hard of hearing and wear a hearing aid in each ear, perhaps this may be of help to me?

Source: RNID

http://www.rnid.org.uk/information_resources/factsheets/equipment/factsheets_lea...

Quote:
What is a textphone?

A textphone is telephone device that has a keyboard and a display screen. You type what you want to say rather than speaking into a mouthpiece. You can use a textphone instead of a voice telephone if you are deaf or if you have problems with your speech.

In the UK, companies often use the word ‘Minicom’ rather than textphone. In fact, Minicom is a widely used brand of textphone.

More information on textphones on the RNID page or by searching the internet. It also says that computer software is available to turn one into a textphone.

An 01/02 number is often provided for textphone where companies otherwise use 08 numbers, although in some cases they do use 08 numbers for textphone as well. This is not to say that there aren't underlying geographical numbers because in general there are.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #310 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:37pm

Thanks a lot Dave Smiley

Having looked at the links etc. it looks a bit complicated although I am sure it isn't. Hopefully what hearing I have will last a bit longer so I can keep using the conventinal way of communicating! Looking at it, to me it looks like instant messaging.

I appreciate your trouble in providing me with the link Dave Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:43pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #311 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:54pm

sherbert wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:37pm:
Having looked at the links etc. it looks a bit complicated although I am sure it isn't. Hopefully what hearing I have will last a bit longer so I can keep using the conventinal way of communicating! Looking at it, to me it looks like instant messaging.

From what I gather, textphone is like a private chatroom. Similarly, fax has been superceeded (in principle at least) by e-mail as it does far more.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #312 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Dave wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:10pm:
SCV, I think you need to come back a few squares!  Grin

As it is uncommon for users of revenue sharing numbers to publish geographic alternatives in the phone book, I had genuinely assumed that "text number" was quoted as part of the text of the entry, not as an associated hyperlink in the text of a web page. As textphones are a relatively rarely used service that needs to be direct and separate from an IVR menu sytem, for obvious reasons, and the technology probably could not cope with queueing, there would be little reason to adopt a non-geographic number. I had indeed put one and one together and advanced by one square (not, I believe, unreasonably).

When tried a few minutes ago, the number inquestion is unobtainable. Perhaps Dave should hang back a little before publishing information like this, as it seems to have no value, as well as causing confusion and embarrassment.

(Hey are we going to have another couple of members engaging in a personal punch-up in the forum) I hope not, Dave, can we call it quits?

IP Logged

Looby-Loo
Ex Member

Reply #313 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 7:26pm

Thanks for the information, have tried and also found the number to be unobtainable.Think i'll give up on this 1.I've listed 1 that does work for Hollies Medical Centre.  Smiley

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #314 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 7:31pm

Quote:
… I've listed 1 that does work for Hollies Medical Centre.  Smiley

This number, 0114 255 0094, is already listed as verified. Please check that the number does not already exist in the database before submitting an entry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge