Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 891,549 times)
Keith

Surrey
Re: GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire)
Reply #450 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 10:53am

Arrrgggh - Call back. Is it only Dave who understands (not the MP nor the PCT) that to get a call back you have to call in the first place and wait in the queue.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #451 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:32pm

A piece has just been published on the website of the Pulse:

MP urges GPs to stop use of 0844 numbers

Quote:
A spokesperson for NHS Sheffield said: ‘Where practices are unable to migrate to a geographical-rate telephone number for contractual reasons – for example, they would incur significant financial penalties for terminating a contract early – they have a "call back policy" in place. This means patients can request that the practice calls them.'

As well as the call back policy, the PCT seems to think that practices are prevented from changing numbers because they are tied into contracts for which there are penalties for ending early. There is no need to end a contract early; phone companies allow numbers to be changed during the period of contracts and without penalty. Should any system provider choose to deviate from this, and charge a penalty for switching numbers, then this is pivotal. Where this is the case, then it is system providers that are preventing practices from not charging more than a geographic call.

This PCT and others are failing in their duty by incorrectly accepting that being tied into a contract means that a phone number can't be changed.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2012 at 12:37pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

catj

Reply #452 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:04am

It seems that those charged with setting policy and carrying out enforcement have no idea about 03 numbers.

03 numbers are charged at the same rate as 01 numbers and included in bundled minutes from mobiles and landlines.

Do they really have no clue or is there some hidden reason why they keep on avoiding the obvious?
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:04am by catj »  

IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Reply #453 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:56pm

catj wrote on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:04am:
Do they really have no clue or is there some hidden reason why they keep on avoiding the obvious?

I expect it's a mixture of not having a clue and knowing that the operation of an 03 number will cost GPs a small amount more than an 01 or 02 number (and, obviously an 084 number).

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #454 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:19pm

Interesting item on the BBC Radio London Breakfast programme this morning - listen here.

This includes clarification of the BMA position and an invitation from BBC Radio London for details of surgeries - which they will investigate!

BBC South East Today (TV) are doing an item on this evening's show (starting at 6:30). A recording will be published following the broadcast.

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #455 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 10:19pm

I listened to the broadcast linked above and is appears that the BMA guy is sympathetic and agreed that GPs should not be using 0844 and upto 25 taking on 0844 since the ban although I take his amazment that this is still going on with a big pinch of salt. If the BMA dont know what their own GPs are doing what are they doing in that Job. Are the BMA so out of touch with the Media - I know they have been advised of the option for 03 but are still pretending that it doesn't exist. 

What was more depressing was that as the very end of the broadcast the Interviewer said I believe that all those GPs that they contacted were going to change to 020 numbers shortly, but dont hold your breath - they have ignored the 03 Option since being available in 2007 so why not change right now instead of 'Shortly'

I am afraid once again a opportunity to ask the BMA why hasn't there been immediate 03 Migration - not Fairtelecom's fault as the 2 interviews were seperate so no real opportunity to ask that question.

What is urgently needed right now is a big National Paper and Media campaigne asking WHY HAVENT ALL GPs GONE TO 0344 and DO IT NOW !!!!  With the added line SHAME ON YOU  Angry

I am thinking of getting onto the Kent Messenger to see if they might play ball 
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:27pm by speedy »  

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

MP Urges Gps to stop using 0844
Reply #456 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 5:40am

An MP has called on GPs to stop using 0844 numbers in their practices, as new research shows 11% of surgeries are still using the premium-rate numbers.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/newsarticle-content/-/article_display_list/14458352/...
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2012 at 5:41am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: MP Urges Gps to stop using 0844
Reply #457 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:52am

bigjohn wrote on Aug 25th, 2012 at 5:40am:
An MP has called on GPs to stop using 0844 numbers in their practices, as new research shows 11% of surgeries are still using the premium-rate numbers.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/newsarticle-content/-/article_display_list/14458352/...

Mine is still in the 11% group Angry

http://www.holbrooksurgery.com/

IP Logged

catj

Reply #458 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:40pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:19pm:
BBC South East Today (TV) are doing an item on this evening's [Fri Aug 24] show (starting at 6:30). A recording will be published following the broadcast.

How do you watch this? 

All I get is a page with the date and the show title at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m3264
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:40pm by catj »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #459 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:55pm

catj wrote on Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:40pm:
How do you watch this?

As promised, a recording of the item has been published.

It is available at this link.

Unfortunately there was a delay in delivering this as the standard viewer I use (hosted by Virgin Media) was taken offline for a lengthy period. This outage affected other online facilities for myself and many other Virgin Media customers.

Alternative arrangements are being made with a more reliable provider. Shortcut links already in use will be redirected.

The temporary fix which was in place for a period should no longer be used.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2012 at 7:52am by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #460 - Sep 22nd, 2012 at 10:31am

As part of a continuing engagement with NHS officials, I have learned that GPs in the county of Hertfordshire (or at least those with 21 of the 175 surgeries) have a problem. They simply do not know what it costs to call them.

I have issued a media release - http://tiny.cc/FTMR_Herts - to perhaps encourage help from their patients. This includes a list of the surgeries (derived from NHS Choices) and has been circulated to the relevant MPs - including the previous Secretary of State for Health, who may know something about this!

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #461 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:37am

Hi I have contacted Dan Jarvis "My Local MP for Barnsley Central" on a number of occassions and he has been cooperating with me.

Does anybody have the latest figures on the number of surgeries still using 08 numbers in the Barnsley area, if so I will contact him in this regard.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #462 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:18am

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:37am:
Hi I have contacted Dan Jarvis "My Local MP for Barnsley Central" on a number of occassions and he has been cooperating with me.

Does anybody have the latest figures on the number of surgeries still using 08 numbers in the Barnsley area, if so I will contact him in this regard.

The database of 084 numbers in the NHS lists the number of GPs in Barnsley. Follow the link, then click "Regions"; then click "Organisations" for North of England; then scroll to the bottom of the page to see South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Cluster and its PCT counterparts. Select "List" or "Map" alongside Barnsley PCT to see the list or map.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #463 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 1:34pm

Northgate Village Surgery

Northgate Avenue   Chester   CH2 2DX

http://www.northgatesurgery.co.uk

Quote:
New Surgery Telephone Number

As from the 4th October 2012, our surgery will have a new telephone system which we hope will help us to deal with your calls more efficiently.

The Number is 08443 878396.      

When possible, please call us from a landline or check with your mobile provider for the cost to you. One of our old numbers will be kept for a time but please be aware that this line will not place you into the new systems queue so there may be a delay answering your call.

IP Logged

catj

Reply #464 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:44pm

Quote:
The Number is 0844 387 8396.

Un-****-ing-bel-ieve-ab-le!!!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2012 at 9:57pm by catj »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge