Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 891,622 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire)
Reply #600 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 5:28pm

Sherbert

I will add my hope, for your sake, that you are able to through to the surgery on the alternative number when you need to. Sadly, you have to hope that other patients will continue to ring the 0844 number, so that the single line alternative is not busy when you need it - this is a very ugly situation.

This "two tier" approach is a breach of the fundamental principles of the NHS. The NHS provides the best care possible to all, on equal terms - without charge. (The charges that are authorised are subject to exemptions on the basis of need and ability to pay and set by parliament, not individual providers.) In this case it has been introduced as a way of distracting attention from a breach of a specific requirement to cease use of expensive numbers.

Your surgery must not cause you to suffer an inferior service because you are unwilling to incur improper charges.

Obviously, I wish you well and hope that you, and all other patients, are able to get through on the geographic number whenever you need to. This is however not what "choice" in the NHS can be about - paying for a normal service, with the option to take an inferior service without charge.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #601 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 5:37pm

Thank you SCV  Smiley

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
0845 Doctors Surgery's
Reply #602 - Oct 5th, 2013 at 9:08am

Good Morning David

I hope you are keeping well,

Just a quick message in regard to Doctors Surgeries, My local MP Dan Jarvis Barnsley Central appears to have dropped the ball in this regard although he says he has passed it on to one of his minions.

Do you knnow the state of play?

Baz

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #603 - Oct 5th, 2013 at 2:42pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 5th, 2013 at 9:08am:
Good Morning David

I hope you are keeping well,

Just a quick message in regard to Doctors Surgeries, My local MP Dan Jarvis Barnsley Central appears to have dropped the ball in this regard although he says he has passed it on to one of his minions.

Do you know the state of play?

Baz

The ball is very firmly in the hands of NHS England, where there is some inter-passing going on at present, although moving towards the goal, with a well aiming shot being expected very shortly.

A pitch-side report is expected to be published tomorrow in what is claimed to be the leading source for sports coverage.

There have been a number of off-the-ball incidents recently and the video footage is being reviewed at present. Some of these may be covered by tomorrow's newspaper report.

I will leave it there for now, with a promise that more will revealed (without sporting analogies) to add to whatever enters the public domain tomorrow.

IP Logged

Ian G

Reply #604 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 3:42pm

Looks like bad weather postponed the match.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #605 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 4:32pm

Ian G wrote on Oct 6th, 2013 at 3:42pm:
Looks like bad weather postponed the match.

No, the match is continuing in somewhat foggy conditions. The coverage was postponed until the commentator can get a clearer view of the pitch.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #606 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 12:33pm

YIPPEE as a follow on to my earlier post our local doctors at Monk Bretton have changed to a 0345 number I will post the entry on the database Smiley

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #607 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:53pm

ONE MORE GIANT LEEP FOR SAYNO CAMPAIGN

GOT THEM ON THE RUN!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #608 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 8:40am

bazzerfewi wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:53pm:
ONE MORE GIANT LEEP FOR SAYNO CAMPAIGN

The only definition of a "LEEP" I can find states "loop electrocautery excision procedure ".     Huh

I suppose some sort of medical term is appropriate.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #609 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 8:46am

[size=24][/size]Giant Leap!!!!

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #610 - Nov 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm

loddon wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 7:59am:
idb wrote on May 3rd, 2013 at 1:54am:
http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practice/practice-topics/practice-income/nhs-en...

NHS England to crack down on GP use of 0844 phone numbers
1 May 2013 | By Madlen Davies

<<
NHS England has announced it will crack down on GPs use of premium phone numbers, and has asked local area teams to identify practices still using them.

Well, what are NHS England doing??????

No news and no action from NHS England over all these months !!  Sad     After a promising start in April and all this promise to take action we have seen nothing!!    About time NHS England show some results.   Are they going to turn out to be as ineffective and incompetent as their predecessors ??

NHS England announced "it will crack down on GPs use of premium phone numbers", reported 1st May.

Well, here we are SIX MONTHS later and what has NHS England achieved???   Square root of s-d all.    Sad Shocked Angry

They are as incompetent and ineffective as all the others!!!  Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2013 at 5:59pm by loddon »  
IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #611 - Nov 2nd, 2013 at 3:02am

I second that as usual these regulatory bodies have no teeth Smiley Grin it makes me Cry

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #612 - Nov 2nd, 2013 at 4:54am

loddon wrote on Nov 1st, 2013 at 5:57pm:

Well, here we are SIX MONTHS later and what has NHS England achieved???   Square root of s-d all.    Sad Shocked Angry

They are as incompetent and ineffective as all the others!!!  Angry

As the fair telecoms campaign is working alongside NHS England on this issue, we must take our share of the blame for the time that it is taking for action to be initiated.

The previous structure in place failed totally to secure compliance with the revised contractual terms. NHS England is very short of resources to handle its new role of directing these activities from the centre, in place of the network of autonomous PCTs, which could only be "guided" by the Department of Health.

Whilst it is demonstrable that we have seen little effect during the 7 months that NHS England has existed, the PCTs had 7 years of guidance during which little or nothing was achieved. It may be premature to draw a conclusion of equivalent ineffectiveness. An accusation of incompetence can only relate to individual officers and the powers they hold. That is not something that I like to see written, unless it can be specific and sustained by evidence.

Of course we are all frustrated by the fact that the changes we seek happen only slowly. I have to part company with those who are only interested in that which can be achieved quickly, as it is far too limited for my wishes.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #613 - Nov 2nd, 2013 at 9:47am

Well in reply to SilentVictim, I don't understand all the politics but all I know is that we are on the right track. Most of the doctors in Barnsley are now using 03 or 01 numbers.

The Telco's are now conning the surgeries as far as I can make out, they are using multiple 03 numbers for differant sites when they are in the same practice, I am sure one 03 number will do the service in a more efficient way.

Anyway as I say I am only a novice.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #614 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:51am

The Sunday Mirror is reporting that NHS England is going to ban GPs from using 0844 rip-off phone numbers:---

The headline states :---

"GPs to be banned from using costly phone lines"

"This week NHS England will order GPs to get rid of the expensive lines, which cost up to 41p a minute from a mobile, and switch to local numbers."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/personal-finance/gps-banned-using-rip-off-phonelin...

Similar headlines were seen in September 2009 which stated that 0844 numbers were banned but it didn't happen :---

"Whitehall pulls the plug on GPs' costly 0845 phone lines "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1213223/Whitehall-pulls-plug-GPs-costly-...

Let us hope that this report is accurate and let us see how quickly NHS England require GPs to get off their rip-off numbers.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2013 at 8:58am by loddon »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge