Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Virgin Media Talk costs (Read 16,888 times)
Scunnered

Virgin Media Talk costs
May 14th, 2011 at 9:19am

I have signed up to the above but find that after using say no to 0870 and using the alternative numbers provided that I am still being charged as if I had used the 0870  OR 0845 codes.

To add insult to injury I have been charged for phoning Virgin for their own 0845 provided numbers. I no doubt will be having rude words with them over this.

It would be worthwhile for those on similar packages to check what they are being billed for rather than taking things on good faith.

Will advise further after communicating with Virgin.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Virgin Media Talk costs
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2011 at 11:29am

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Are you sure about this? As I was under the impression that the dialling code you dial is what you get charged for and the price can't be altered Undecided

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2011 at 12:28pm

Scunnered wrote on May 14th, 2011 at 9:19am:
I have signed up to the above but find that after using say no to 0870 and using the alternative numbers provided that I am still being charged as if I had used the 0870  OR 0845 codes.

To add insult to injury I have been charged for phoning Virgin for their own 0845 provided numbers. I no doubt will be having rude words with them over this.

It would be worthwhile for those on similar packages to check what they are being billed for rather than taking things on good faith.

Will advise further after communicating with Virgin.

Daytime calls to geographic numbers outside the Talk Plan are still expensive and not that much cheaper than calls to 0845 and 0870.

- connection charge of 12.24p plus 8.68p per minute vs. a connection charge of 11.24p plus 10.22p per minute for 0845 / 0870.

It is important to ensure that the correct package has been selected. (For example, Talk Unlimited works out cheaper than Talk Evenings and Weekends if making only one daytime call of over 10 minutes per week.)

The 0845 numbers are for contacting VM via another provider. Always use 150 from a VM line.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2011 at 12:46pm

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

This reminds me of a recent thread in which the OP said that he has been charged a premium by O2 for ringing a Cardiff (029) number.

I would expect that if a provider chooses to charge certain individual 01/02 numbers at a higher rate to the rest, then this should be advised in pricing literature. Virgin Media publishes pricing information at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts and I've just had a quick look and cannot find mention of any such charges for any 01/02 number. If Virgin Media has charged you extra in this way, then you need to ask for a copy of or link to the place(s) where this is advised (or both).

The most likely explanation for being charged is as suggested by SilentCallsVictim.

Did you have inclusive calls (i.e. inclusive for geographic and 03 numbers) at the time of dialling these numbers?

IP Logged

Scunnered

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2011 at 9:21am

Many thanks for your remarks.

I am well aware of Virgin charging and this is the reason that I posted as I did.  I have a talk package and did not expect to have about fourteen pounds of charges for alternative numbers that I sourced via this site. Nor did I when asked by Virgin to use an 0845 number to contact them regarding a complaint expect to be charged for the cost particularly as I only have a Virgin phone. 

On receiving the account I went through the listings confirming that there were alternatives available and from the list I can say that there might have been 2 calls that were either an 0870 or 0845.  Being a poor pensioner and a miserable Scot I am not prepared to be charged for these numbers. I even use the for those calling from overseas numbers when provided rather than be mugged by using the UK number provided.

When I call a company that I an well aware has an alternative number listed I do not expect it to be listed on my account as being an 0870 or 0845 code.

I have e-mailed someone at Virgin that I am dealing with for another complaint and await his response. I wonder what excuse I will get for this item.

« Last Edit: May 15th, 2011 at 9:22am by Scunnered »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - May 15th, 2011 at 10:09pm

Please let us know how you get on with this.  Smiley

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #6 - May 16th, 2011 at 7:38am

Hi there sorry to hear that you are being charged for calls at Virgin, the advice you have been ginve is incorrect and if I was you I would be demanding a refund for using an 0845 number for contacting Virgin Media customer service the number to ring is 150 FREE CALL

I have been a customer for years even prior to the takeover from Telewest/NTL and I have never been charged for a customer servcie call.

When I wish to contact Vigin Media in regard to any query I use 150 FREE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER

I have talk unlimited and so long as 01/02/03 numbers are dialed and the call duration is less than an hour you will not be charged for the minutes used.

As I said earlier contact them on 150 and complain vigerously obviously the call plan was not explained correctly to you, I would not be happy with anything less than a full refund.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge