<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
118 FREECALL (Read 29,384 times)
catj

Re: 118 FREECALL
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 9:56pm

Classic quote from last night's show: "Having a great product does not make a viable business."

And with that thought, "I'm out".

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #16 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:15pm

AND IN REPLY

LOSERS GIVE UP

WINNER NEVER DIE

"DRAGONS DEN IS FOR EXHIBITIONISTS

AND WITH THAT THOUGHT I WILL CARRY ON

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 8:45am

It will all end in tears.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #18 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 9:15pm

Sarcasm is the HIGHEST FORM OF IGNORANCE AND THE LOW LOW LOW LOWEST FORM OF WIT IGNORANCE BEING YOUR FORTE

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Re: FREE ALTERNATIVE 118 SERVICE
Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:42am

RingLocal is now www.118freecall.co.uk and all numbers to be published on the site will be 0800 - 0808 numbers. The caller will never pay to enquire about a number for a specific service. I appreciate this service has taken a number of years to reach this stage but I was not prepared to introduce the service until I was sure it was the best service I could offer. I now have  a FREE alternative 118 number and this will be available as soon as the relevant clients have been contacted (hopefully over the next few weeks) This is now a truly FREE ALTERNATIVE 118 SERVICE. Initially the site will display alternative FREEPHONE numbers and then as the site has sufficient traffic the FREE 118 number will go live.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Alternative Lo-Call 118 Service
Reply #20 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:44am

Baz

This is a request for clarification, not an attack.

The link posted above does not work - it goes to a dodgy looking host page.

One assumes that the 080 numbers are free to caller from mobiles, given that the 118 number will be also.

From a PR perspective, how will you counter the suspicion that this sounds too good to be true, and therefore probably has a horrible catch somewhere? Is there a horrible catch? Could it be in the qualification "... to enquire about a number for a specific service"? What does this mean, and what sort of enquiry will a caller pay for?

Please understand my desire to learn that, for once, something which sounds too good to be true is indeed true. As you seek to sell this idea to customers and media, you will undoubtedly encounter the same suspicion from those who have learned that much of what is offered in the telecoms world is not all that it is said to be.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 11:42pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:42am:
RingLocal is now www.118freecall.co.uk

If that is the website, then RingLocal is a fantasy that does not exist.

The website is still absent, the url has not been corrected and no explanation has been offered, nearly 4 days after this was pointed out in this forum.

It may be that there is something real going on here, but it does not match with the descriptions which are being posted.

Scams can take many forms - there may not necessarily be any evil intent - but the effect may be the same.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:11am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 11:42pm:
bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:42am:
RingLocal is now www.118freecall.co.uk

If that is the website, then RingLocal is a fantasy that does not exist.

I fully appreciate the above comments and I appreciate what you say, there has been a number of technical problems that I was not aware of when I published the 118freecall web address. The www.118freecall.co.uk and www.118freecall.com web addresses do exist Domain name:

118freecall.co.uk – 118freecall.com

Registrant:
K Baz Ramsbottom

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Chancel Way
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
S71 2HS
United Kingdom   and www.ringlocal.co.uk also exists. I now have a student from Sheffield Hallam University assisting me with the new site. We have had a problem with the VPS Virtual Private Server it has to be changed from Lynux to Windows (not an easy tack apparently.) I was present when Joe contacted Easily and the technician stated that the VPS would be compatible and it isn’t. I agree I am guilty as charged but I assure you that it is out of eagerness and foolhardiness on my part as I have no intention of misleading anybody.
FREE 118SERVICE – Quite by accident I came across a FREE 118 service that I think may be of interest to members. Virgin Media customers that subscribe to a phone bundle can now contact their
Directory Enquiry service 118180 Free Calls to Virgin Media Directory Enquires (118 180): **Free Calls to Virgin Media national Directory Enquiries Service on 118180 are only available from a Virgin Media Home Phone (cable & national) and Virgin Mobile and are included within your tariff; charges apply for calls to 118180 from other operators. 

Edited by Dave: Quote box completed
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:34pm by Dave »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:29am

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 3:11am:
FREE 118SERVICE – Quite by accident I came across a FREE 118 service that I think may be of interest to members. Virgin Media customers that subscribe to a phone bundle can now contact their Directory Enquiry service 118180 Free ... charges apply for calls to 118180 from other operators.

Either I am missing something, or there really is a lot missing.

A service which has been planned and developed over many years is announced as having been launched via a website.
When the website is found not to exist, it is admitted that it has not actually been set up yet.

Promoting a competitor whilst in the course of launching a service can only be commercial suicide. One must wonder how the negotiations necessary to make the arrangements for "a truly FREE ALTERNATIVE 118 SERVICE", which must have included Virgin Media and sponsors who would have required an honest statement about likely traffic, could have been concluded without being aware of 118180.

A modest degree of hype can be excused by "eagerness and foolhardiness", but I am inclined to think that we are being wickedly misled. There may indeed be no intention to mislead, but that makes little difference in the end.

It is extraordinary to find that we are back in "Dragon's Den mode" about a service which allegedly has already been established ... or has it?

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 8:36am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 4:29am:
It is extraordinary to find that we are back in "Dragon's Den mode" about a service which allegedly has already been established ... or has it?

No it has not been established, the database is in place there has been 3 supposedly serious backers but none came to fruition. I am now having to use FREE assistance because I do not have the resource to carry out a full market launch. The other issue is that I have only just sourced a memorable 118 number. I appreciate it is messy but I must carry on and launch locally as soon as I am able. Now we have the VPS and the technical know how it should stand a greater chance of success. Thank you for your coments.

~ Edited by Dave: Quote box completed
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:34pm by Dave »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:44am

bazzerfewi wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 8:36am:
No it has not been established

You test our patience by stating that a free alternative 118 service will go live "hopefully over the next few weeks" when nothing of the sort is achievable (in the real world) in the foreseeable future.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
0845 Doctors Surgery's
Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2013 at 4:39pm

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge