Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aviva Travel Insurance e-mail address (Read 11,193 times)
Peggy

Aviva Travel Insurance e-mail address
Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:25am

AVIVA TRAVEL INSURANCE AVOIDS GIVING AN EMAIL ADRESS.
IF YOU ARE ABROAD YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EXPENSIVE PHONE CALL AND CANNOT REQUEST INFORMATION ON A POTENTIAL CLAIM BY EMAIL.  HAS ANYONE  BEEN ABLE TO FIND AN EMAIL FOR THEM

~ Edited by Dave: Thread title amended
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:43am by Dave »  

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Aviva Travel Insurance e-mail address
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:56am

Good Morning,

I just wanted to advise you of one thing, please do not use CAPS for all of your enquiry, it's considered "shouting" on an internet forum.

I have checked on Aviva's website, and the only contact options are phone, or "web form", I would suggest if you are an existing customer, you could contact them online (whilst in the UK) and ask them for an e-mail address or call the Overseas Number (listed with a +44) from the UK and ask them.

Details are listed here: http://www.aviva.co.uk/travel-insurance/existing-customers/

Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:01pm

The group Chief Executive of Aviva is Andrew Moss and his email address is.......

andrew_moss@aviva.com

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:17am

Many companies now use web forms rather than publishing email addresses, for customer enquiries, as this performs (at least) two functions: reducing the amount of spam and encouraging enquiries to be presented in a form that clearly gives relevant details and facilitates mindless processing.

Aviva seems to make it clear that claims should begin with a telephone contact, offering two geographic numbers for calls from overseas. As it would be more expensive for them to handle enquiries by telephone, rather than by email, I cannot think that this is being done for any sinister reason.

The modest subsidy that is derived from UK callers to the 0844 numbers (often at far greater premium cost to the caller) represents a very silly way of reducing costs - I would be very surprised if it came anywhere near tipping the balance between the cost of handling a telephone enquiry and an enquiry by email.

It may be appealing to imagine that no email address is published so that money can be earned from the 0844 telephone numbers. Because the one is generally free of charge to the customer whereas the other can be very expensive, it may seem that the rip-off is deliberate and the withholding of an email address is part of the scam.

My own belief is that if Aviva and all others were required to publish the "Service Charge" imposed as a result of using 084 numbers (as is currently proposed by Ofcom) they would soon give them up. If they seriously want to earn money from customers who call in with enquiries, there are plenty of premium rate ranges that yield a significant return on incoming calls. For a serious call centre operation the level of subsidy earned from a 084 number should not be worth the nuisance caused to callers who are aware of what is going on.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:22am

I would also suggest that it is in the T & Cs of any travel insurance policy that a telephone call must be made when making a claim. Usually calls are recorded. Sending an email, they could say that they have never received  the email.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:38am

sherbert wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:22am:
I would also suggest that it is in the T & Cs of any travel insurance policy that a telephone call must be made when making a claim. Usually calls are recorded. Sending an email, they could say that they have never received  the email.

Ditto.

To my mind trying to avoid Aviva's official channel for reporting a claim is potentially leaving you at risk of invalidating any claim you attempt to make.

What is the way Aviva would like you to report a claim whilst abroad? Is it a 0844 number or does it offer an overseas alternative?

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:00pm

UK 01 alternative as advised in my previous link
Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge