Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hospitals': TV - Telephone - Internet - Rip-off (Read 10,362 times)
BT7474

UK
Hospitals': TV - Telephone - Internet - Rip-off
Jun 24th, 2012 at 8:47pm

I tried to add the telephone number: 07006400157 to the database, but I got an error that I didn't input the verification code, but I did. I also used various different methods including copy and paste and it still didn't work.

I copied the information to a sticky note, which I shall copy and paste below using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM:

Premier Solutions ( Premier Bedsides ) - BRI Hospital - TV

http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/your-hospitals/bristol-royal-i...

07006400157: Expensive would cost me at least £2.20 each minute using my mobile.

01173423518: best method to use if not using TV's telephone.

08006128118: Requires a pin

http://www.saynoto0870.com/addgenimg.php

Faulty equipment & cost of 07006400157-mobile > £2/min far too much-Contact using;TV's operator button=free,BRI's Hosp(100) internal No: for TV company=01173423518

The cheapest method for contacting the company is to press the operator's number on the Hospital Bed's TV display.

Then leave a message if nobody is there.

If there is a fault press the on/off switch to switch display off and then on again.  If that doesn't work then unplug the mains lead into the back of the monitor and plug back in again to the back of the monitor.

The hospital would usually give the expensive number, which for the Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI) or University Hospital is 07006400157.

It wasn't until I remembered about 2 years ago that there should be a much cheaper internal hospital number that I asked for the internal telephone number (from the switchboard operator and I was then given the cheaper local Tel No: 0117 3423518 (office hours - availability).

Hopefully,You should be able to ask for the internal hospital number for your local hospital's company number.

Please could you add the information and telephone number to the database, even though there isn't a 084/087 numbers, because to-day Virgin Mobile told me that if I used my mobile to contact the company it would cost more than £2+ per each minute.

Therefore, people boasting that the companies have to make a profit should refund patients whom have got ripped-off from their own pockets.

It shouldn't cost that much to have a telephone line and a small TV with HD Free-view using either cable or satellite dishes.  For example probably five years the most to break even. For example £6 a day for a month with 28 days = £168    
One year maybe enough to pay off the capital cost and not only break even, but to make a profit. Therefore, obtaining the system for free or almost free is not a far fetch idea once the useless card system is removed.  Virgin Media or Sky etcetera should be able to provide a much cheaper package than the monopoly of the present hospital and companies ripping-off patients.

I have just realized since Google and Face Book etcetera can invest millions into computer systems than allowing advertising on TV's within hospitals should allow it to be free.

Patients in hospital are worried about getting well without con men (hospitals and their partners) making things worst.

It should actually be illegal for; hospitals with companies to;
1) Rip people off - Costing far too much money
2) The machines including cash machines not working properly and keeping people's money
3) Hospitals' staff usually claiming that it is nothing to do with them to assist with refunds, when hospitals are still paid by the companies out of the profits ripping people off.

How much money have the various companies and hospitals got from; patients families, and their friends?

IP Logged

catj

Re: Hospitals': TV - Telephone - Internet - Rip-off
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:48pm

Using an 070 number for this stuff is crazy.

I guess it is designed to look like a mobile number while costing a LOT more to call.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:35pm

BT7474 wrote on Jun 24th, 2012 at 8:47pm:
Faulty equipment & cost of 07006400157-mobile > £2/min far too much-Contact using;TV's operator button=free,BRI's Hosp(100) internal No: for TV company=01173423518

Hello and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

I've added an entry for these numbers for Premier Bedside at Bristol Royal Infirmary.  Smiley

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 2:47am

Has someone hijacked there website see   www.premierbedside.co.uk  ; which doesnt give any info about a bedside phone/entertainment service.

An alternative site www.premiertelesolutions.co.uk also goes to the same place.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012 at 2:51am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:37pm

bigjohn wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 2:47am:
Has someone hijacked there website see   www.premierbedside.co.uk   which doesnt give any info about a bedside phone/entertainment service.

An alternative site www.premiertelesolutions.co.uk also goes to the same place.

According to this which dates from 2008, Premier Telesolutions LTD were being acquired by Hospedia.

Could explain the website situation.

Huh

EDIT: there also appears to be more info to confirm this on there Wikipedia entry
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:41pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge