Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Home Number appears on the saynoto0870.com site (Read 8,287 times)
Wayne Morrell

My Home Number appears on the saynoto0870.com site
Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:50am

Hi,

Right now I'm am not a happy bunny, for over a week now I have been receiving calls at all hours for Southern Railway.

It turns out that my home number has been added to your site as an alternative to Southern's 0845 number, It is listed as an inquiry number for Brighton Station.

I would like this removed please, asap as it's getting a bit beyond a joke now.

Are these numbers not verified by anyone before they are published?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: My Home Number appears on the saynoto0870.com site
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 3:50pm

I would like to welcome you to the site although I appreciate that this may be tempered under the circumstances.

I would like to apologise on behalf of all responsible users of the site. I am sorry for the nuisance caused by repeated calls due to your number appearing in our listings. On reading your message I immediately located the entry and removed it.

I am a volunteer moderator in the forum and I also help by finding alternatives and as an administrator of the database. I joined the site because I was appalled about the widespread use of expensive numbers. I like the idea of helping people avoid these charges by way of alternatives, although I appreciate that this isn’t an end-solution to the problem.

I am abhorred to learn that individuals use this site and have no conscience to report that a number they have tried, not only is not a suitable alternative, but goes through to an unconnected party. These people wish to “take” from the site, but do not wish to contribute to make it better.
I wish they would go away!!

I believe that the site is a force for good because it allows people to share numbers they find. As a voluntary site, for this to work effectively, users really need to notify where they find that a number listed is not a suitable alternative.

The results pages have a note at the bottom which says, in small type, "Please use the Contact Us option, to report any incorrect numbers that you notice on the site. Thanks for your support." I think that this can be made more prominent to encourage people to report incorrect numbers. I will raise this with the site's administrator.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: My Home Number appears on the saynoto0870.com site
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 3:10pm

As this seems to be an increasing problem I would refer the OP to the thoughts on the subject I have just posted in this similar recent thread.

See http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1352128113

<div style=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge