Send Topic Print
HMRC (Read 82,975 times)
CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: HMRC
Reply #30 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:24pm

Quote:
There are now new 0300 numbers. The Taxes Helpline, 0845 300 0627, is now 0300 200 3300. NI enquiries number 0845 302 1479 has been replaced with 0300 200 3500.

I personally find it incomprehensible why HMRC has chosen to replace the 0845 numbers with 0300 numbers instead of arranging for the appropriate and matching 0345 number to be activated.  Could it be that even an establishment such as the HMRC and Government cannot persuade their telecoms provider to arrange this?

I see no other logical reason.

Shocked

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Reply #31 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:31pm

CJT-80 wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:24pm:
I personally find it incomprehensible why HMRC has chosen to replace the 0845 numbers with 0300 numbers instead of arranging for the appropriate and matching 0345 number to be activated.  Could it be that even an establishment such as the HMRC and Government cannot persuade their telecoms provider to arrange this?

They managed it for the Tax Credits helpline.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:22am

kasg wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:31pm:
CJT-80 wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 4:24pm:

They managed it for the Tax Credits helpline.

… and we have yet to see what will be done with the remainder of the numbers.

There is obviously some benefit in having new memorable 0300 numbers; the difficulties of changing can be relieved by taking the 034 option. I am always pleased to see examples of the latter, as these help to counter arguments about the difficulty of changing. I must however live with my disappointment if HMRC chooses the former.

Without knowing exactly how HMRC balanced the arguments to come to the decision to take the 0300 option in the cases done this week, and those done in April, we are obviously unable to understand the decision. This is a point of some academic interest, especially as migration to the equivalent 034 numbers could have been a little more valuable to those of us who are keen to use HMRC as an example to others. It is however of no material relevance to those who call these numbers.

I am not aware of any evidence to show that the new telephone service provider to HMRC, now perhaps a different division of its previous provider, has in any way impeded the possibility of the 0345 option being taken.

I believe that there is an important and very closely related relevant current issue that could be worthy of discussion in this forum, however that is a matter for members to decide. Members may only express opinions on issues which are of concern to them.

The fair telecoms campaign does not seek to represent views expressed in this forum any more or less than any other external source of opinion on the matters it covers. It most certainly does not reflect the apparent balance of priorities reflected by postings. It publishes a news feed covering matters that are not discussed here. We hope that those interested in following the matters covered by the campaign find it to be of value, and of assistance to their personal campaigning efforts. That is the primary reason for putting in the work to maintain its presentation and content.

Although I may express an opinion here, like any other member of this forum, it cannot be for the fair telecoms campaign to suggest or limit the issues which members think worthy of discussion in the forum. If people are happy (or prefer) to get simple news postings from a site supported by advertising, then that must be their free choice. The advertisers rely on those who follow the news to make the postings necessary to attract the hits.

IP Logged

Kiwi_g

Reply #33 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 2:15pm

Further to my post in February last year, my wife needed to call HMRC this year.  She dialed the 0300 number and was connected to a recorded message telling her to wait.  She waited and waited.  After about 15 minutes, I looked up last year's paperwork and called that same geographic number from my mobile.  I was immediately connected to a live human.  Therefore if you don't like waiting and it's within your mobile minutes, it's quicker to call the geographic number.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #34 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:29pm

HMRC 0845 lines to be de-commissioned 30 June 2015.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/changes-to-hmrc-telephone-numbers

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:47pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Reply #35 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 9:59pm

Ian01 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:29pm:
HMRC 0845 lines to be de-commissioned 30 June 2015.

Makes a lot of sense otherwise they would have to declare a service charge. Hopefully a lot of other organisations will follow suit.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #36 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:08pm

HMRC would have to declare the Service Charge wherever the 0845 numbers are advertised.

They stopped advertising these numbers last year.

For the last six months HMRC 0845 lines have played a free announcement advising of the new 03 number.

That's the stage that DWP has now reached.

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:15pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #37 - Jun 23rd, 2015 at 1:22am

If my memory serves me correct, the financial industry is not bound by the present law in regard to 03 numbers.

None customer advice line such as financial and some other services may still use 0845 numbers

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge