Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Article in 'i' yesterday (Read 4,541 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Article in 'i' yesterday
Apr 21st, 2013 at 10:48am

Hi, did anyone else see the article in 'i' yesterday on page 49 about the issue of expensive phone numbers & OFCOM proposals?   It was quite well done, just a couple of relatively minor mistakes but the general thrust of the article was very good & this site was mentioned.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: Article in 'i' yesterday
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2013 at 11:21am

Hi Barbara.  No, I cannot find your article on the Indy website.   Could you post a link to it?

However, I did discover this one published by the Indy on 13th April 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/simon-read-heres-a-simple-system-t...

There are no readers comments; but it does contain this gem of misguided information written by the journalist Simon Read :---

"In other words, freephone numbers aren't free at all. Unless you call from a BT landline ...", forgetting that 0800 numbers ARE free from all other landlines, not just BT. Roll Eyes

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 3:32am

According to the Indy now that article was published on the 19 April 2013 ,so i guess thats the same one. Wink

BJ.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:17am

Hi, loddon, sorry I don't have a link because I read it in the printed version & I have had problems in the past then trying to find online versions of articles I've read in the paper.   However, the author is the same, Simon Read, as the link you found & Big John's reference also contains the same error which I'd noted; I just felt the overall thrust of the piece was going in the right direction in that it does make a wider audience aware of the current confusion deliberately caused (by those organisations using 084/087 numbers).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge